How Lucky We Are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 02:18 AM
RE: How Lucky We Are
(12-07-2017 08:01 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Here the max they can do is two consecutive four-year terms. Waaaay back in history they could run again after someone else had served a term after them. But now they can't even do that.

Must have been different in Roosevelts time. If he hadn't died, he would have served four termes, isn't it?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 08:11 AM
FDR served from 1933 until his death in 1945. The 2-term limit law was enacted to avoid having a president serve that long again.
13-07-2017, 08:46 AM
(12-07-2017 09:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's not illegal to try to dig up dirt on an opponent.

It is illegal to accept in-kind donations from foreign nationals to one's campaign, and MANY lawyers have been on MANY media sites this past week expressing that. YOU are no lawyer. If this were no problem, Trump would not be so pissed off about it, and Fredo (Donny Jr.) would not be SO fucking concerned about it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-07-2017, 09:03 AM
(13-07-2017 08:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 09:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's not illegal to try to dig up dirt on an opponent.

It is illegal to accept in-kind donations from foreign nationals to one's campaign, and MANY lawyers have been on MANY media sites this past week expressing that. YOU are no lawyer. If this were no problem, Trump would not be so pissed off about it, and Fredo (Donny Jr.) would not be SO fucking concerned about it.

I don't care what liberal lawyers express on many liberal media sites. Let them prove at least something and I will accept it.
BTW, did you know that DNC people were colluding with Ukrainian government to try to defeat Trump?
Are you concerned about it? Of course not. Or may be you don't know about it because dishonest liberal media doesn't want to talk about it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-07-2017, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 09:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-07-2017 09:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is illegal to accept in-kind donations from foreign nationals to one's campaign, and MANY lawyers have been on MANY media sites this past week expressing that. YOU are no lawyer. If this were no problem, Trump would not be so pissed off about it, and Fredo (Donny Jr.) would not be SO fucking concerned about it.

I don't care what liberal lawyers express on many liberal media sites. Let them prove at least something and I will accept it.
BTW, did you know that DNC people were colluding with Ukrainian government to try to defeat Trump?
Are you concerned about it? Of course not. Or may be you don't know about it because dishonest liberal media doesn't want to talk about it.

No one cares what you care about. Trump Jr. HIMSELF released the evidence HIMSELF this past week. Obviously you are the WORST informed person on this site. You wouldn't accept anything if it came up and bit you on the ass. You would find some way to LIE about it, and say "it's all good". Let's see the PROOF the Dems were "colluding" with the Ukrainians to defeat Trump. What a dumb ass. Actually IF they were looking for evidence of Trump's having broken the law in the Ukraine, (which he has, multiple times, as reported by the best journalists in the field, in the New Yorker), as he (Trump Inc), HAS done deals with corrupt oligarchs all over the former Soviet Union, that is very different than the Russians giving the Trump campaign information on emails THEY STOLE. Clinton never broke the LAW in Russia. But thanks for proving yet again, you possess not a shred of critical thinking ability.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2017, 11:21 AM
(12-07-2017 12:27 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 07:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of course Hillary is the ONLY woman the ( D )s could run......

Apparently the talent pool is rather shallow......

Why else would you run one of the most hated women in the country???

Consider

If Elizabeth Warren's voting record matched SOME of the principled things she has said, I would vote for her. Unfortunately she's as corrupt as the rest and the few good things she says (and doesn't follow through with) isn't enough to win my vote. Then again I think this of almost all politicians.

We need to purge the government of corporate lapdogs before we can have a hope of finding a decent politician. At least that's what I think.

That really comes down to overturning Citizens United. If that ever happens, I hope it comes about before it's too late. Otherwise, it will remain the deathknell for voter input upon the system.
13-07-2017, 12:04 PM
(13-07-2017 08:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Link to these donations from foreign nationals?

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-07-2017, 12:39 PM
(12-07-2017 09:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump Trump Trump. All day long.

All day on the news. All day on social media. All day on every forum I visit.

The media won't shut up about him because they can't understand how he won after they spent two years trying to get Hillary elected. The democrats won't shut up about him after they spent two years trying to get Hillary elected (even going so far as to cheat to get her the nomination). And people on the internet won't shut up about him because they were told over and over that Hillary was going to win, Trump had no chance, the polls the polls the polls.

Trump is the president. Nothing will change it. Barring full disclosure that Trump himself guided Russians to hack voting machines, nothing is going to happen. It's not illegal to try to dig up dirt on an opponent. There is no crime of "collusion" in regards to campaigns in U.S. Code. I doubt Trump was dumb enough to accept money or gifts or exchange information in a physical form. Perhaps people like Flynn made some side deals, and Trump was smart to get rid of him so he can say "yeah I fired him. I had no idea what he was up to."

In reality, Trump knows if he did something illegal. He knows that Mueller will find it. It's only a matter of time. If there is really something to find, he could pull a Nixon right now, resign from office and have Pence pardon him. The investigation goes away and nobody ever learns what really happened. Why would he let this go on and tarnish his legacy with impeachment and trials?

Unless he knows Mueller will find nothing.

ROFL......must have dreamed those 8 years of every right winger bitching constantly about Obama and how he wasn't a citizen and obsessing over every goddamn thing he did.

I'll be sure to shed a tear for you.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
13-07-2017, 12:59 PM
(12-07-2017 07:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of course Hillary is the ONLY woman the ( D )s could run......

Apparently the talent pool is rather shallow......

Why else would you run one of the most hated women in the country???

Consider
The only reason she's of that title is because she's been a notable political figure with experience being both bad and good to be known.

Someone being well known regardless of quality boosts the attention. The amount of press and attention given on all outreach influence shows well known boosts people going to vote.

It's not a surprise that in less aware of the political landscape realms, Bernie never grew ground close to the well known Clinton.

The numbers of Congress and political approval ratings of current elected members but the incumbent rate seems adverse to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-07-2017, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 01:15 PM by adey67.)
What's wrong with LDH and Alla ? I just don't get it one minute nice as pie the next minute so right wing they'd get thrown out of the Nazi party, especially Alla its like she's schizophrenic or something. No was doing so well earlier this year too, I really don't get it. Sad