How Lucky We Are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: How Lucky We Are
(13-07-2017 02:18 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 08:01 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Here the max they can do is two consecutive four-year terms. Waaaay back in history they could run again after someone else had served a term after them. But now they can't even do that.

Must have been different in Roosevelts time. If he hadn't died, he would have served four termes, isn't it?

We have also had two different Roosevelts, two different Harrisons, two Adams, two Bush, and two Johnsons. So when you are just looking at last names, this adds to the history of confusing things for students to have to learn. (I think I covered all the duplicates.) May we never have a second round of another Trump.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 02:16 PM
(13-07-2017 12:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is illegal to accept in-kind donations from foreign nationals to one's campaign, and MANY lawyers have been on MANY media sites this past week expressing that. YOU are no lawyer. If this were no problem, Trump would not be so pissed off about it, and Fredo (Donny Jr.) would not be SO fucking concerned about it.

Link to these donations from foreign nationals?

Find 'em yourself. They're everywhere.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-07-2017, 08:58 PM
(13-07-2017 01:56 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 02:18 AM)abaris Wrote:  Must have been different in Roosevelts time. If he hadn't died, he would have served four termes, isn't it?

We have also had two different Roosevelts, two different Harrisons, two Adams, two Bush, and two Johnsons. So when you are just looking at last names, this adds to the history of confusing things for students to have to learn. (I think I covered all the duplicates.) May we never have a second round of another Trump.

I just had a flashforward to Baron Trump in forty years on a stage in Iowa pledging to bring America back to the good old days of when his daddy was president, promising to abolish everything the lousy Democrats had managed to rebuild under the last few decades, starting with Pesident Klobuchar's (nasty woman) reimplementation of Medicaid all the way to President Booker's (is he even an American?) rescuing of Social Security.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
14-07-2017, 09:00 PM
(14-07-2017 08:58 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 01:56 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  We have also had two different Roosevelts, two different Harrisons, two Adams, two Bush, and two Johnsons. So when you are just looking at last names, this adds to the history of confusing things for students to have to learn. (I think I covered all the duplicates.) May we never have a second round of another Trump.

I just had a flashforward to Baron Trump in forty years on a stage in Iowa pledging to bring America back to the good old days of when his daddy was president, promising to abolish everything the lousy Democrats had managed to rebuild under the last few decades, starting with Pesident Klobuchar's (nasty woman) reimplementation of Medicaid all the way to President Booker's (is he even an American?) rescuing of Social Security.

Yeah. That's the kind of thought that gives me panic attacks.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams