How Many Ewoks...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 02:04 PM
How Many Ewoks...
How many Ewoks do you reckon you could take in hand to hand combat or with basic melee weapons? Blasters and light sabers are not permitted, hands and bludgeoning weapons only - no blades.

The scenario is you crash on Endor interrupting their morning prayer ritual or whatever and from say 150' away a group of them starts running toward you. They may have the odd Ewok-made spear or similar weapons, you've got maybe some kind of club or truncheon tool or similar bludgeoning weapon.

I'm going to say if I've got some kind of weapon long enough to extend my reach by a few feet I could fend them off a few at a time and maybe dispatch upward of about a dozen, but if they close the distance and several of them are able to grab and pull me to the ground maybe I could take out half that before they just overwhelm me with numbers and tie me up or crush me with rocks or something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: How Many Ewoks...
I assume I didn't crash with a droid companion that shines gold like the sun, and can rise up out of the jungle growth, next to me, right? Tongue
Consider
I don't think trying to take them at a distance is gonna work unless you got some ranged weapon to counteract their slings! One o them lil mofos might be a real good shot! Confused

14-06-2016, 03:50 PM
If it were in a generally open area, I think the inability to defend against their slings and spears is going to limit how much damage I could do before taking a fatal blow. Now, if it were a very dense area with lots of logs and trees and stones, then I could use my agility and the terrain to my advantage. If I can stay in cover, keep moving, and prevent them from surrounding me, I could spread them out and take them one or two at a time until I run out of gas.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
14-06-2016, 04:03 PM
(14-06-2016 03:50 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  If it were in a generally open area, I think the inability to defend against their slings and spears is going to limit how much damage I could do before taking a fatal blow. Now, if it were a very dense area with lots of logs and trees and stones, then I could use my agility and the terrain to my advantage. If I can stay in cover, keep moving, and prevent them from surrounding me, I could spread them out and take them one or two at a time until I run out of gas.

Let's not forget, though, that that little one with Leia smelled &/or heard those Storm Troopers before they surprised her! I imagine it wouldn't matter where you try to hide if their olfactory sense is good enough to sniff out your trail. Confused

14-06-2016, 04:15 PM
(14-06-2016 04:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 03:50 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  If it were in a generally open area, I think the inability to defend against their slings and spears is going to limit how much damage I could do before taking a fatal blow. Now, if it were a very dense area with lots of logs and trees and stones, then I could use my agility and the terrain to my advantage. If I can stay in cover, keep moving, and prevent them from surrounding me, I could spread them out and take them one or two at a time until I run out of gas.

Let's not forget, though, that that little one with Leia smelled &/or heard those Storm Troopers before they surprised her! I imagine it wouldn't matter where you try to hide if their olfactory sense is good enough to sniff out your trail. Confused

I wouldn't really be trying to hide from them. In fact, I'd prefer them to give chase. I'd just use the terrain to spread them out as they pursued me and then pick off the fast ones as they separate themselves from the pack.

If they hunt smart and stick together then that may not work. But all indications are that they would tend to just wildly attack.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
15-06-2016, 02:39 AM
Situation:
Crash landing Storm Trooper who's defected from the Empire
Gear: Left on the Armor, otherwise not much else. Maybe a canteen or something
Craft: What's left of it. Maybe just an escape pod, the actual craft blowing up down range
Weapon: A Spanner from a Crew Chief's tool kit left in the Pod. Was stolen with the ship when I jacked it.

Result:

Ewoks see me get out of the pod and freak the fuck out. The Storm Trooper Armor sets off a bell and they want to kill me. Also the films suggest that these little bastards like all sorts of meat, including human meat (even storm trooper meat, I mean, one can assume all those helmet drums at RotJ's finale were um... once on a dinner plate, maybe?).

They charge me, I take off the helmet
They're still charging. I OBVIOUSLY try showing signs that I'm not a threat. Doesn't work. I grab the massive spanner and I swing, literally crushing the skulls and mandibles of several in a single radial arc. They throw a spear or two, but their velocity is quite pathetic with those puny little arms. I simply duck around the hull of the Pod, evading. I take another swing and more try to surround me and poke me jabbing thrusts. I splinter several spears and again, maim a few craniums.
The leader signals. They back off.
I again gesture that I wish to avoid conflict.
I try walking away. They're aggressively but timidly following my moves.
I again gesture that I'm removing my self from the situation, but I still retain my grasp of the Spanner, now soaked in blood and Ewok brains - I'm signaling that I'm in control of the situation, and I can kill more if they oppose that notion. I'm choosing for the situation to dissolve. They're angry at losing several of their kin, but in the end I get let go.

Perhaps a few minutes later I die to arrows, which I really can't stop. But if they're left to just melee? They're fucked. I don't know how they got as far as they did in the movie without the magical power of Plot Armor, but those Teddy Bears are not all that menacing. They're stubby, slow and stupid. The only weapon of any threat is their Bow, but at such a small stature? It's probably only deadly up to 50ft or something. Otherwise, I'm faster, more nimble and way stronger. I can also intimidate far easier using my size. Unless I'm caught in a trap or shot in the back, I'm for the most part pretty confident that I can at least scare them back enough to let me go on my way.
[+] 1 user Likes Einharjar's post
15-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Where's Sheldon Cooper when you need him? Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post