29-35
36-42
43-49
50-56
57-64
65-71
72+
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How Old Are You? (V 2.0)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-04-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: How Old Are You? (V 2.0)
I'm 19!

Surprised by the variety of ages Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 03:33 PM
How old am I? Too.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
06-04-2017, 04:17 PM
I am old enough to know better, but too young to care.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
09-04-2017, 02:48 AM
At least a handful of times every year I actually have to subtract my birth year from the current year to remember how old I am.

If I try to remember straight away, I start to doubt myself ... because, well, I feel like a very old soul in a very new body.

And this new body has orbited our G-class yellow main sequence star 28 times thus far.

I'm pretty sure I've felt every mile of those orbits. And, as they say, it's not the years, it's the mileage.

Wink

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
[+] 1 user Likes Shirina's post
09-04-2017, 04:43 AM
(09-04-2017 02:48 AM)Shirina Wrote:  If I try to remember straight away, I start to doubt myself ... because, well, I feel like a very old soul in a very new body.

“In one sense, she’s an old soul. In another, truer sense, she’s literally 20.”

Quote:And, as they say, it's not the years, it's the mileage.

Age is nothing but a number that’s also a perfectly accurate description of just how old you are.”

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing, and also because of the actual, irrefutable passage of time, regardless of how much we play.”

“You’re only as young as you feel, and also you’re as old as you actually are.”

“Age is mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter, except for in a physical and irrefutable sense.”

“Wrinkles show where your smiles have been, and also where your skin has lost significant amounts of collagen due to glycation, sun damage, and the natural effects of time.”

“Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you’re a cheese, or anything else subject to the natural processes of death and decay.”

“Age has no reality except in the physical world, which is of course the only world that any of us live in.”

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
09-04-2017, 04:48 AM
Ha! Vera, your post gave me the giggles. Nice take on some of those old quotations.

Smile

Aww drat, I didn't notice this before, but I really should have selected the first category in the poll.

I always wanted to be -15 years old. Does that mean I get to relive my childhood?

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
09-04-2017, 04:57 AM
(09-04-2017 04:48 AM)Shirina Wrote:  I always wanted to be -15 years old. Does that mean I get to relive my childhood?

Live every day with the confidence of a fifteen-year-old who’s smoked pot twice talking to a fifteen-year-old who’s only smoked pot once. Yes

And my fave: "Every time God closes a door, he opens a window. Every time you reach the window, he closes it on your fingers. Every time he closes a window, the door locks. Every time God locks the door, the chimney collapses. You will never make it out of this house."

This site had some great stuff before they closed it down, sadly...

Follow your bliss. Track its movements. Learn its habits. Hunt your bliss and kill it.

Do one thing every day that scares you, like drowning, or watching one of your beloved children die before his time.

Pain is just strength and energy leaving your body forever.

Treat everyone around you with the kindness of that woman in your office who brings bagels to work every other Friday.

Live every day like you’re the kind of person who has a framed Breakfast at Tiffany‘s poster over her bed.

Love as boldly as a 20-year-old atheist coming home for Christmas break with copies of God Is Not Great for everyone in her family that never asked for one.

Go to work every day with the same confidence as a white barista with dreadlocks.

Fall asleep every night like Netflix doesn’t exist.

Forgive others the way you’d forgive your best friend at two in the morning after fighting during her birthday party sleepover.

Be as self-assured as a high school sophomore who’s had sex once talking about lovemaking techniques to a high school junior who’s only seen the top half of a girl naked.

Well, you can always change your vote (I probably should... much as I like to quote My Back Pages, I ain't getting any youngerer, arrow of time and all that jazz, you know...) I distinctly remember not wanting to grow up when I was a kid. Little did I know... it would be even worse than I imagined.

... but also much better Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2017, 04:56 PM
I'm 28.
05-05-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm 34