"How Quantum Physics May Defeat Atheism"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Lightbulb "How Quantum Physics May Defeat Atheism"
Refer to this twelve page PDF presented in 2006. Let's bring this papers theories up-to-speed, and up-to-date with some criticisms.

How Quantum Physics may defeat Atheism, by Prof. Dr. Peter Zöller-Greer

Drinking Beverage

You can take the egotistically-fathomed dogmatic moral system you call what "should be" and shove it up your asshole for thinking it's applicable to anyone but yourself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: "How Quantum Physics May Defeat Atheism"
*yawn* Just another one of WLC's parrots. He uses the exact same arguments. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-01-2014, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 07:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-01-2014 10:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  *yawn* Just another one of WLC's parrots. He uses the exact same arguments. Drinking Beverage

Agree. His presuppositions are easily demonstrably false.
Point #1 : The Universe is "logical". Really. So he actually thinks that the double slit experiment's results, (the electron goes through both slits) is "logical".
Hahaha. He's funny.
Highly improbable events happen all the time. Clearly he doesn't know Probability Theory, and how it works.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-01-2014, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 03:35 AM by Mathilda.)
I personally find this paper astounding.

I think it's the best example I have yet seen of the efforts people make in order to maintain a single flawed assumption.

All that effort required to ignore contrary evidence, to cherry pick the favourable evidence, make huge leaps of logic ignoring alternative hypotheses and then write it up as such a long paper to convince yourself ...

I thought Christians advocated just having faith rather than having to convince yourself with spurious arguments?
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
15-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Langweilig

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
15-01-2014, 07:12 AM
I did a text search for "thermodynamics" before reading it, and lo behold the ignorance detector scored a hit.

"According to the 2nd law of thermodynamics bla bla..............therefore God did it"

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
15-01-2014, 07:54 AM
(15-01-2014 07:12 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I did a text search for "thermodynamics" before reading it, and lo behold the ignorance detector scored a hit.

"According to the 2nd law of thermodynamics bla bla..............therefore God did it"

Hehe I noticed that one as well. Also there was a reference to Star Trek and how after the TV series was aired author's created a past reality for it.

On the other side of the page it discusses whether human consciousness is required for reality to exist. (Let's hope the earth's population don't get drunk all at the same time!)

I googled the author of the paper afterwards and he isn't even a Physicist. He has published books on software engineering and even one on Artificial Intelligence. That's my field! How come someone like him gets funding and I don't?
16-01-2014, 02:27 AM
I think this is my most favourite face palm of the entire thing:

Quote: the existence of God is surely the simplest and logically most consistent explana- tion for our existence. Take e.g. the existence of moral absolutes. They couldn’t have evolved, since they contra- dict the “survival of the fittest” (e.g. it is morally “good” to help handicapped people). So where do they come from? And the first cause was the most plausible explanation for our existence. But who or what is the first cause? Because the first cause is not created, it must exist from eternity. Since time and space and matter etc. came into existence with the big bang, this first cause must transcend time, space, and matter, and therefore must be spiritual.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-01-2014, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 05:23 AM by Mathilda.)
I wonder if he could provide a reference for the existence of moral absolutes. What exactly are they made out of? Or are they some kind of energy pattern that breaks the laws of thermodynamics? If we can track them down then we can either discover a material that never degrades or find a replacement for cheap oil!

We'll probably find them when we start mining near-earth asteroids. They're probably floating around in space having some strange effect on our thought processes (wot? no free will?). After all, they wouldn't be absolutes if they depended on the existence of the human race.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
16-01-2014, 08:48 AM
I saw the title and figured it was something too idiotic to actually spend time trying to read.

All of your above comments indicate I was entirely correct. Much obliged!

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post