How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 08:06 AM
RE: How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)
(10-08-2017 10:58 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 05:47 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  This is about the leading Atheist... ... ...

Can someone tell me what a leading atheist is please?

Think First Secretary of atheist lost Atlantis - USSR. Or maybe pope, but without funny hat. So in essence leading atheist is boss qualified to speak for all our religion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
11-08-2017, 08:20 AM
(11-08-2017 08:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 10:58 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  Can someone tell me what a leading atheist is please?

Think First Secretary of atheist lost Atlantis - USSR. Or maybe pope, but without funny hat. So in essence leading atheist is boss qualified to speak for all our religion.

Ah, Richard Dawkins. He should have said so from the start. I guess he might have. I was busy sacrificing an unborn foetus to Darwin so I might have missed it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2017, 08:37 AM
(11-08-2017 08:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 08:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Think First Secretary of atheist lost Atlantis - USSR. Or maybe pope, but without funny hat. So in essence leading atheist is boss qualified to speak for all our religion.

Ah, Richard Dawkins. He should have said so from the start. I guess he might have. I was busy sacrificing an unborn foetus to Darwin so I might have missed it.
Richard Dawkins? It's Sam Harris you blasphemer.

Your heresy leave me no choice - hereby I declare you impure and I cast thee out from our Utopia. May Eternal Science have mercy on you, for we it's humbly servants will not.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
11-08-2017, 08:52 AM
(11-08-2017 08:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 08:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah, Richard Dawkins. He should have said so from the start. I guess he might have. I was busy sacrificing an unborn foetus to Darwin so I might have missed it.
Richard Dawkins? It's Sam Harris you blasphemer.

Your heresy leave me no choice - hereby I declare you impure and I cast thee out from our Utopia. May Eternal Science have mercy on you, for we it's humbly servants will not.

Sam HARRIS?! He is not worthy to clean Richard Dawkins's microbiology slides. How the mighty have fallen! I am mobilising my faithless army as we speak. In the name of the True Science we will crush you infidels.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2017, 08:58 AM
(11-08-2017 08:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 08:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Richard Dawkins? It's Sam Harris you blasphemer.

Sam HARRIS?! He is not worthy to clean Richard Dawkins's microbiology slides. How the mighty have fallen! I am mobilising my faithless army as we speak. In the name of the True Science we will crush you infidels.

You dare to blaspheme about our prophet chosen by our scientific trinity Marx, Engels and Lenin? Truly your vileness know no bounds.

Our faithful armies will erase your communismless scum from face of the Earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
11-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I sense some denominational infighting here.

The Harrisians and the Dawkinsians are going at it again.

Listen, as long as we get the basics right (religion is bullshit, evolution is true, etc.) we're allowed to disagree peacefully with each other. The other doctrines are all just secondary. Tongue

I'm a Tysonian honestly.

Let's all just eat some sponge cake.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 7 ~
[+] 6 users Like Cosmo's post
11-08-2017, 09:02 AM
(11-08-2017 08:59 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  I'm a Tysonian honestly.

Temporary truce called to eat sponge cake. But after that we're taking out the Tysonians before we get back to the real war, agreed Comrade?

Although Marx wasn't a scientist at all. See the clap-trap these Harris-believers swallow without a second thought

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2017, 09:05 AM
(10-08-2017 05:47 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 06:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Facepalm
No, that was a theist disagreeing with you.

The first part of your statement is wrong; the second part is as irrelevant as the Gish Gallop, because this has nothing to do with some TV preach or what he said.

This is about the leading Atheists stating, "religious people are my enemy, they are a threat to civilization, it's either them or me, and I'm going to make sure it's Me. And killing them will be a duty and pleasure."

And having the rest of you deny it.

My reply was only in regard to you referring to SH as an atheist. I understand that reading comprehension is low for you but do try to keep up.

I do not know offhand if you are quoting Hitchens correctly; I do not remember him ever gloating over the idea of killing theists but it is possible. If he did then I think that, as a general idea, it is indefensible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
11-08-2017, 09:06 AM
You will feel the wrath of my armies.

[Image: 2968270269.jpg]

... After the sponge cake though.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 7 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
11-08-2017, 09:06 AM
(11-08-2017 08:59 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  I sense some denominational infighting here.

The Harrisians and the Dawkinsians are going at it again.

Listen, as long as we get the basics right (religion is bullshit, evolution is true, etc.) we're allowed to disagree peacefully with each other. The other doctrines are all just secondary. Tongue

I'm a Tysonian honestly.

Disagreeing peacefully? What a strange notion. As comrade atheist you should know that Truth is only one and all who disagree with it are blasphemous heathens who should be illuminated. By force if necessary.

Therefore I condemn you too for being too soft in face of heresy.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post