How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 09:10 AM
RE: How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)
(11-08-2017 09:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Therefore I condemn you too for being too soft in face

Laugh out load I prefer this version Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2017, 09:11 AM
(11-08-2017 09:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 08:59 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  I'm a Tysonian honestly.

Let's all just eat some sponge cake.

Temporary truce called to eat sponge cake. But after that we're taking out the Tysonians before we get back to the real war, agreed Comrade?

Although Marx wasn't a scientist at all. See the clap-trap these Harris-believers swallow without a second thought

It's truce then my (un)worthy Dawkinsian comrade. We Harissian always could use some meatshields. Great Comrade Lenin taught us thing or two about pragmatism.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
11-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Dawkins will show all you heathens that you are not the fittest. OUR faith has the highest rate of beneficial mutations. You'll see. In controlled conditions our army will do much better than the placebo.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Quote:Disagreeing peacefully? What a strange notion. As comrade atheist you should know that Truth is only one and all who disagree with it are blasphemous heathens who should be illuminated. By force if necessary.

Therefore I condemn you too for being too soft in face of heresy.

But no! Come on!

Every good atheist knows that those stories in your science book aren't to be taken literally. Come on now...

... oh wait...

isn't that? ...

Wait one second....

.... Sorry I just feel like I got something wrong here. Can't put my finger on what though.

It's all good. I'll just shrug and be a Tysonian anyway, without questioning deeper or wondering why. It's just easier.

*Eats another mouthful of sponge cake

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
11-08-2017, 09:21 AM
(11-08-2017 09:14 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  
Quote:Disagreeing peacefully? What a strange notion. As comrade atheist you should know that Truth is only one and all who disagree with it are blasphemous heathens who should be illuminated. By force if necessary.

Therefore I condemn you too for being too soft in face of heresy.

But no! Come on!

Every good atheist knows that those stories in your science book aren't to be taken literally. Come on now...

... oh wait...

isn't that? ...

Wait one second....

.... Sorry I just feel like I got something wrong here. Can't put my finger on what though.

It's all good. I'll just shrug and be a Tysonian anyway, without questioning deeper or wondering why. It's just easier.

*Eats another mouthful of sponge cake

Stories? You call The Word that grants us wisdom stories? Also we aren't christians - our books are to be understood literally. Founder of our movement M-RX said so himself in "Das Kapital" our holy of hollies.

As for why - for glory of communism of course. [Inser for the glory of satan teddy bear pic].

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Don't listen to those fools. The true scriptures are those of Dawkins. The Blind Watchmaker and Climbing Mount Improbable are classics of the Word. Fucking "Das Kapital" Rolleyes as if a true scientist could ever engage with something as mundane as money.

That said, our faithless horde is having an eensy-weensy cash flow problem Unsure

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2017, 09:45 AM
(11-08-2017 09:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  Don't listen to those fools. The true scriptures are those of Dawkins. The Blind Watchmaker and Climbing Mount Improbable are classics of the Word. Fucking "Das Kapital" Rolleyes as if a true scientist could ever engage with something as mundane as money.

That said, our faithless horde is having an eensy-weensy cash flow problem Unsure

No scripture can be truer than "Das Kapital". If not for Marx (hallowed be his name) then Great Lenin (holy are his footfalls) wouldn't be able to create our earthly paradise now lost to passage of time and burgeois wreckers.

Our cash problem can be easily remedied - Lenin treacherous apostle, Stalin knew what to do when cash was in short supply - apropriation this is called I believe.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
11-08-2017, 10:01 AM
What we're witnessing I think here are the dangers of fundamentalist atheism everyone.

I thought we were just supposed to read "The Elegant Universe," and then come up with our own interpretation of what happened.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
11-08-2017, 10:06 AM
(11-08-2017 09:45 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Lenin treacherous apostle, Stalin knew what to do when cash was in short supply - apropriation this is called I believe.

This Stalin guy sounds like a real find. I think we'll canonise him a saint of the church of Dawkins. What could be more evolutionist than appropriation? And coincidentally now that we've solved the cash flow crisis, it's time for war against the pseudo-scientific Marxists! Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2017, 10:09 AM
We will fight them on the lab benches. For every bunsen burner, every pipette they will pay a price in US dollars. No stupid egalitarian ideas like 2 for 1 deals. And we'll damn well give them a receipt.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post