How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)
(15-08-2017 06:59 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Why are you unable to think?

Fixt.

And I'd guess it's self-inflicted complete cerebrotomy. Such as it might have been Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2017, 08:19 PM
(15-08-2017 03:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  OK. So some atheists have killed people. So what? You are trying to claim that they killed people because they are atheists? You haven't shown that at all.

Prove that what they did was wrong.
"Being an atheist makes someone a clearer thinking, fairer person. They [atheists] are not doing things to be rewarded in heaven; they're doing things because they're right, because they live by a moral code." - Ricky Gervais

Quote:You still haven't shown that religion produces any sort of good moral code. And why the fuck should we evangelise people? Fuck off with telling us what to do.

You still haven't shown that Atheism produces any sort of good moral code. They only copy those of religions, when it's convenient.

Atheists found it rational to negotiate a treaty with the Nazis to divide Poland. The Atheists found it reasonable to commit mass murder at Katyn Forrest. To them it was the Reasonable thing to do. Nothing in Marxism told them to do it.

Quote: I do however believe in contributing towards a democratic process of building consensus laws. Which is a. a secular process b. we do have laws against murder, so I don't see what the fuck you're crying about.
So did the Supreme Soviet. So what? And just like them, Atheists want religious people to stay out of it. You haven't advanced your argument.

You have failed provided to rational, logical arguments for your position or claims. You offer nothing but abuse, distortions, and obtuse dodges. I keep hearing the same old failed arguments from you I've heard before. Repeating them over and over with more and more insults won't make them any better.

Your arguments fail.

1) Marxism didn't teach it.
2) As an Atheist once said: "Fuck off with telling us what to do."
3) "They [atheists] are not doing things to be rewarded in heaven; they're doing things because they're right, because they live by a moral code." - Ricky Gervais
4) The USSR had laws against murder too.
5) Atheists in the Christian controlled USA haven't committed mass murder. Yet.
6) C. Hitchens reasoned mass murder was acceptable.
7) Atheists did it because they're Reasoned it was right,.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle
Occam's Razor: "the simplest answer is often correct."

Atheists did it because they found it the reasonable thing to do.
QED. Cool
15-08-2017, 08:21 PM
(13-08-2017 05:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You know shit and write shit.

I know some serious s***.
And all of it is about Atheists. Big Grin
15-08-2017, 08:34 PM
(15-08-2017 08:19 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  Atheists did it because they found it the reasonable thing to do.
QED. Cool

Forgive my ignorance of the history of past murderous atheistic regimes, I'm admittedly not an astute student of history. I am aware of the great tragedies and that some were committed by avowed atheists.

My question is, what exactly was the reasoning behind the massacres committed and what exactly did it have to do with atheism at face value? I don't ever hear this discussed in any detail.

I appreciate any and all answers given. Thanks.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
15-08-2017, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 09:32 PM by Szuchow.)
(15-08-2017 06:50 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 07:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  @Morondog

Not atheist but "communist" regimes. Or built upon foundation of marxism to be more precise. Marxism that evolved into religion, in SU at least.

Pol pot crimes had more to do with his want of returning to glory of Angkor from what I remember from his biography. His marxism was also influenced with religious themes if I recall correctly and strange.

Your recollections are not valid evidence.
OTOH:
Marxist/Communist regimes Are Atheist Regimes:
"The Soviet Union, and many other communist states, were officially atheist - and they didn't just reject religion, they also persecuted religious people. Religious people were barred from many jobs - the better jobs all required Communist Party membership, and atheism was compulsory for all Communist Party members."

"However, it is to be noted that Marx never advocated for the oppression of religion — he just believed that religion would not be practiced anymore if a utopian communist society was to come to fruition," - http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Atheist_fundamentalism

Thus the persecution did Not originate from Marx, or Marxism.
So if persecution was never a part of what Marx advocated, where did it come from? The answer is Atheists and their dedication to Atheism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_...t_Atheists

https://books.google.com/books?id=BGJtDw...sm&f=false

From "The Humanist" magazine:
"Oppressive Atheism: In China, Religion Can Be a Form of Activism"
https://thehumanist.com/news/internation...m-activism
"China’s governing party, the Communist Party of China (CPC), recently banned the practice of religion for all of its 88+ million members in an effort to “maintain Party unity.” "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion...ted_States
Puts the "without a religious affiliation" population in the USA at 20% (2008), but that includes "agnostics, atheists, deists, secular humanists, and general secularists." That 20% breaks down into: "68% believe in God, 12% are atheists, 17% are agnostics" (that adds up to 97%, so some fractions are missing)
So: 20% * 12% = ~ 2.4 %.
But the same article states:
"in 2014, 22.8% of the American population does not identify with a religion, including atheists (3.1%) and agnostics (4%)."
and
"5% of the US population did not have a belief in a god and out of that small group only 24% self-identified as "atheist", while 15% self-identified as "agnostic" and 35% self-identified as "nothing in particular"."
So: 5% * 24% = ~1.25%]

US population in 2014: 318.6 Million.
Going with the highest: 3.1%, the math that gives: ~9.9 Million US Atheists.

There are almost 9 times more Atheists in the PRC Communist Party than there are Atheists are in the entire USA.

Again, among Atheists your opinion is insignificant.

You write shit and know shit. Nothing else can be expected from theist troll being so deeply stupid to think that denying crimes of "communist" states is Holocaust denial.

Also what Marx proposed don't count for much when we're speaking about marxism-leninism and it's treatment of religion. If you werent ignoramus you would be capable of understanding it. But given your Holocaust idiocy I'm surprised that you're able to write something approaching coherent sentences.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Islamic civilization is very strong because of religion. I don't think religion destroys every civilization it's prevalent in, in fact I think religion makes righteous nations even stronger. The sanctity of marriage is an essential tenet of a cohesive society, and Muslim women are the perfect example of a good wife.
15-08-2017, 11:31 PM
What's with the hilariously obvious trolls in this thread? You guys remember the days when we would get religious people on the forum who could actually engage in a half decent conversation, not great mind you but better than....what ever the hell this shit is? Am I the only one seeing a continuous drop in the quality of the religious newbies to the site? Even the trolls are getting worse.

It's like watching Milo talk, don't say anything of substance just be as deliberately provocative as you can in the hopes of getting even the thinnest slice of attention. It's just boring.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-08-2017, 11:40 PM
(15-08-2017 10:41 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Islamic civilization is very strong because of religion. I don't think religion destroys every civilization it's prevalent in, in fact I think religion makes righteous nations even stronger. The sanctity of marriage is an essential tenet of a cohesive society, and Muslim women are the perfect example of a good wife.
There's "a" Islamic civilization? Where to what extent is this strong. In that sense haven't over the last ongoing 40 decades most Islamic countries been ones with frequent revolution and coos or dictator upheaval. That's not stable or what I'd call strong.

How'd that be described as very strong. A few strong wealthy and stable Islamic nations seem to actually exist. Few have a global presence that reaches beyond their scopes or spread strength from the ground up in their civilizations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2017, 11:53 PM
(15-08-2017 11:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  What's with the hilariously obvious trolls in this thread? You guys remember the days when we would get religious people on the forum who could actually engage in a half decent conversation, not great mind you but better than....what ever the hell this shit is? Am I the only one seeing a continuous drop in the quality of the religious newbies to the site? Even the trolls are getting worse.

It's like watching Milo talk, don't say anything of substance just be as deliberately provocative as you can in the hopes of getting even the thinnest slice of attention. It's just boring.

Où sont les Egors d'antan, vraiment...

[Image: amoeba-cartoon.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-08-2017, 11:57 PM
(15-08-2017 11:53 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 11:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  What's with the hilariously obvious trolls in this thread? You guys remember the days when we would get religious people on the forum who could actually engage in a half decent conversation, not great mind you but better than....what ever the hell this shit is? Am I the only one seeing a continuous drop in the quality of the religious newbies to the site? Even the trolls are getting worse.

Où sont les Egors d'antan, vraiment...

[Image: amoeba-cartoon.jpg]

Well don't say his name, I don't miss him that much! Tongue

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.