How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 04:39 AM
RE: How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)
(17-08-2017 09:32 AM)FarSeeker Wrote:  Would you be alone with an Atheist who says: "I'm not going to love them. You go love them if you want. Don't love them on my behalf. I'll get on with killing them, destroying them, erasing them. And you can love them. But the idea that you ought to love them is not a moral idea at all. It's a wicked idea." (Hitchens)
Many an Atheist would and have.
what Hitchens really said was Wrote:I know who my enemies are. At the moment the most deadly ones are Islamist theocrats with a homicidal and genocidal agenda. I'm not going to love them. You go love them if you want; don't love them on my behalf. I'll get on with killing them and destroying them, erasing them and you can love them.

You have been exposed as a liar just one day and less than a page ago, yet you keep vomiting the same lie again now.

...and you want to tell others something about morals? Laughat Laughat Laughat

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
18-08-2017, 04:51 AM
Quote:Once the guidance of God is rejected, Atheism is left with whatever Atheists find reasonable

...like killing all firstborns in Egypt, or killing all Canaanites, including their cattle. Like killing all living things on earth.

Yep. Praise god.

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
18-08-2017, 02:59 PM
(18-08-2017 04:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:Once the guidance of God is rejected, Atheism is left with whatever Atheists find reasonable

...like killing all firstborns in Egypt, or killing all Canaanites, including their cattle. Like killing all living things on earth.

Yep. Praise god.

God always does what he does for a good reason. If you had actually read the Bible with an open mind, you would know that.
18-08-2017, 03:03 PM
(18-08-2017 02:59 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  God always does what he does for a good reason. If you had actually read the Bible with an open mind, you would know that.

So there is a good reason for all the suffering in this vile, fetid world, no? Then what are you whining about, you ingrate? Drinking Beverage

Methinks the troll poetest too much...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
18-08-2017, 04:09 PM
(18-08-2017 02:59 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ...like killing all firstborns in Egypt, or killing all Canaanites, including their cattle. Like killing all living things on earth.

Yep. Praise god.

God always does what he does for a good reason. If you had actually read the Bible with an open mind, you would know that.

What was this "good" reason?

18-08-2017, 04:25 PM
(18-08-2017 04:09 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 02:59 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  God always does what he does for a good reason. If you had actually read the Bible with an open mind, you would know that.

What was this "good" reason?

Many people are expendable, and if God sees fit to kill them to fulfill his divine purposes, so be it. God always does what he does to further the divine plan, and if it's in the Bible as something God did, rest assured, it was necessary.
18-08-2017, 04:34 PM
(18-08-2017 04:25 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Many people are expendable, and if God sees fit to kill them to fulfill his divine purposes, so be it. God always does what he does to further the divine plan, and if it's in the Bible as something God did, rest assured, it was necessary.

So, let me ask again, why the infantile whining about how horrible the universe is existence are?

If you're gonna be trolling this hard (and this bad) at least aim for *some* consistency, won't ya? Drinking Beverage

18-08-2017, 04:38 PM
(18-08-2017 04:34 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:25 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Many people are expendable, and if God sees fit to kill them to fulfill his divine purposes, so be it. God always does what he does to further the divine plan, and if it's in the Bible as something God did, rest assured, it was necessary.

So, let me ask again, why the infantile whining about how horrible the universe is existence are?

If you're gonna be trolling this hard (and this bad) at least aim for *some* consistency, won't ya? Drinking Beverage

I'm not so sure the universe itself is a bad thing, humans are definitely fucked though. Animals are way better than humans.
18-08-2017, 04:43 PM
But it was god who created humans, and everything he does is necessary, so it was necessary that humans be the way they are. Who are *you* to criticise the way he saw fit to create us? Finding faults with his creation? Isn't this a bit arrogant? Not to mention self-contradictory?

18-08-2017, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 05:14 PM by Deesse23.)
(18-08-2017 04:25 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:09 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What was this "good" reason?

Many people are expendable, and if God sees fit to kill them to fulfill his divine purposes, so be it. God always does what he does to further the divine plan, and if it's in the Bible as something God did, rest assured, it was necessary.

When and why is it necessary to kill people? what makes people expendable?