How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)
(18-08-2017 05:08 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:25 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Many people are expendable, and if God sees fit to kill them to fulfill his divine purposes, so be it. God always does what he does to further the divine plan, and if it's in the Bible as something God did, rest assured, it was necessary.

When and why is it necessary to kill people? what makes people expendable?

Intelligence/awareness/relationship with God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2017, 05:29 PM
(18-08-2017 04:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  But it was god who created humans, and everything he does is necessary, so it was necessary that humans be the way they are. Who are *you* to criticise the way he saw fit to create us? Finding faults with his creation? Isn't this a bit arrogant? Not to mention self-contradictory?

You are simply asking too much for dingleberry to contemplate and consider. We’d be better off asking if he likes the red M&Ms or the blue ones. Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-08-2017, 05:30 PM
(18-08-2017 05:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  But it was god who created humans, and everything he does is necessary, so it was necessary that humans be the way they are. Who are *you* to criticise the way he saw fit to create us? Finding faults with his creation? Isn't this a bit arrogant? Not to mention self-contradictory?

You are simply asking too much for dingleberry to contemplate and consider. We’d be better off asking if he likes the red M&Ms or the blue ones. Wink

Red ones taste a little better for some reason
18-08-2017, 05:35 PM
(18-08-2017 05:17 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:08 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  When and why is it necessary to kill people? what makes people expendable?

Intelligence/awareness/relationship with God

Fish?
Green?
Tomorrow?
Or rather big?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
18-08-2017, 05:37 PM
(18-08-2017 05:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You are simply asking too much for dingleberry to contemplate and consider. We’d be better off asking if he likes the red M&Ms or the blue ones. Wink

What I don't get is cake with M&M's on it. What is wrong with you, people?! Gasp

Also, when their poedom reaches this level of obviousness the chew toys are no fun anymore [Image: yawn.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
18-08-2017, 05:43 PM
(18-08-2017 05:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You are simply asking too much for dingleberry to contemplate and consider. We’d be better off asking if he likes the red M&Ms or the blue ones. Wink

What I don't get is cake with M&M's on it. What is wrong with you, people?! Gasp

Also, when their poedom reaches this level of obviousness the chew toys are no fun anymore [Image: yawn.gif]

Are you talking about me?
18-08-2017, 06:05 PM
(18-08-2017 05:30 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  

Red ones taste a little better for some reason

See? Finally, you and I can have a tête-à-tête on something you might actually have first hand experience with. Thumbsup

So why do you think the red ones might taste a little better? Could it be the red coloring has more sugar?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-08-2017, 06:06 PM
(18-08-2017 05:43 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  What I don't get is cake with M&M's on it. What is wrong with you, people?! Gasp

Are you talking about me?

Of course not, wipe that thought from your mind. Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-08-2017, 06:14 PM
(18-08-2017 06:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Of course not, wipe that thought from your mind. Rolleyes

Wipe what from where? Huh

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
18-08-2017, 06:52 PM
(18-08-2017 06:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:30 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Red ones taste a little better for some reason

See? Finally, you and I can have a tête-à-tête on something you might actually have first hand experience with. Thumbsup

So why do you think the red ones might taste a little better? Could it be the red coloring has more sugar?

It's probably just psychological, red's my favorite color Big Grin