How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: How Religion Destroys a Civilization (A Warning For The Present Day)
(16-08-2017 11:06 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 08:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Forgive my ignorance of the history of past murderous atheistic regimes, I'm admittedly not an astute student of history. I am aware of the great tragedies and that some were committed by avowed atheists.

My question is, what exactly was the reasoning behind the massacres committed and what exactly did it have to do with atheism at face value? I don't ever hear this discussed in any detail.

I appreciate any and all answers given. Thanks.

Actually, astuteness is not required; just an interest in educating yourself:

When Atheists Rule, they reason:
1) There is no deity.
2) There are no rules or morality given by deities.
3) We Atheists make the rules and decide what is moral.

Hitchens specific reasoning:
1) "I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful." C. Hitchens

2) "I'm not going to love them. You go love them if you want. Don't love them on my behalf. I'll get on with killing them, destroying them, erasing them. And you can love them. But the idea that you ought to love them is not a moral idea at all. It's a wicked idea." C. Hitchens

From First Amendment to Auschwitz in just a few easy steps.
---

Quotes and reasoning from other Atheists could be added; specifically those of Lenin, Russell, and Harris.

For example, an Atheist on this forum has a catch phrase that read: "Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse," which is Latin for: "But I think that religion must be destroyed." A sentiment Lenin, Hitchens, Harris and a bunch of other Atheists shared/share.

The Atheist posters on this forum prove my point. They pontificate about their claim to morals, but they will likely never try to convince any other Atheists the killing Christians will not reduce their numbers.

Well thanks for the response, but at no point did you actually address my question. Maybe try again and instead of talking about Hitchens or forum members, you could try to give some insight into the connection between atheism and murderous regimes, besides your own obvious biases.

I'd like to see the "reasoning" used by past dictators, from their own words, that explains why atheism can be used as a source of reasoning to kill people.

If you can provide that, in full context of course, then maybe I'll consider anything you say to have any worth.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
19-08-2017, 01:30 AM
(16-08-2017 11:06 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  For example, an Atheist on this forum has a catch phrase that read: "Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse," which is Latin for: "But I think that religion must be destroyed." A sentiment Lenin, Hitchens, Harris and a bunch of other Atheists shared/share.

You keep doubling down on your lies, dont you? I have already explained that religion should be destroyed, not people. Religion is not people.
And i dont care what hitches thinks about it, and Hitchens wouldnt give a shit about my catch phrase. You are obsessive, you need help, professional help...with your compulsive lying too.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
19-08-2017, 01:47 AM
(19-08-2017 01:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 11:06 PM)FarSeeker Wrote:  For example, an Atheist on this forum has a catch phrase that read: "Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse," which is Latin for: "But I think that religion must be destroyed." A sentiment Lenin, Hitchens, Harris and a bunch of other Atheists shared/share.

You keep doubling down on your lies, dont you? I have already explained that religion should be destroyed, not people. Religion is not people.
And i dont care what hitches thinks about it, and Hitchens wouldnt give a shit about my catch phrase. You are obsessive, you need help, professional help...with your compulsive lying too.

Religion is very much people. What about everyone who adheres to a religion, a religious mindset? You're willing to throw all of them under the bus just to have your perfect little world? Sounds like playing God to me.
19-08-2017, 01:59 AM
(19-08-2017 01:47 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 01:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You keep doubling down on your lies, dont you? I have already explained that religion should be destroyed, not people. Religion is not people.

Religion is very much people. What about everyone who adheres to a religion, a religious mindset? You're willing to throw all of them under the bus just to have your perfect little world? Sounds like playing God to me.

Facepalm

No

Rolleyes
19-08-2017, 02:29 AM
(19-08-2017 01:47 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 01:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You keep doubling down on your lies, dont you? I have already explained that religion should be destroyed, not people. Religion is not people.

Read it from my lips: religion.is.not.even.a.thing.
Its a fucking idea. Its something people do. Its a mindset. Mindsets are not people you idiot. People have mindsets. You can erase a mindset but keep the person alive. Fascinating isnt it?
How much more often do i have to explain this to stupid motherfuckers like you? If i said "stupidity needs to be deleted", would you conclude i am advertising genocide on the stupid? Right, so stop your fucking dishonest and stupid bullshit misinterpretations, will you?

You telling me about "perfect little world"? I am just sceptic and dont buy any ancient incoherent, immoral bullshit. What about you and your little world? As soon as you can substantiate your little world (of horrors) i will join it. But until then, fuck off with your idiocy.
And yes, i am throwing all of religion under the bus. Thats why i am an atheist, you know, its the definition of atheism, stupid. I believe exactly zero silly, unsubstantiated god claim. Thats what atheism is. And atheism is not a person as well, so go and claim that atheism needs to be destroyed, if you want.

Stop your fucking lies about me trying to hurt people! I never said and will say religious people should be hurt or killed. STOP.LYING

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
19-08-2017, 02:45 AM
(19-08-2017 02:29 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Stop your fucking lies about me trying to hurt people! I never said and will say religious people should be hurt or killed. STOP.LYING

He's trolling Deesse. This reaction is what he's looking for. Not that he really believes any of that stupid bullshit that he types. If he thought he could get this reaction by being anti-gay or racist, he'd do that. He's not here for real discussion.

I will freely admit that this kind of person does get under my skin. I hate this stupidity the most. Sometimes I can't control my reaction to it. Also just letting this piece of shit say what he likes goes against my nature. So... I dunno. It may be that we just have to continuously counter his bullshit. But I think I've reached a point where I can at least see what he's doing. He's a little basement-dwelling cretin who desperately wants attention, that's all.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-08-2017, 03:20 PM
(19-08-2017 02:29 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Stop your fucking lies about me trying to hurt people! I never said and will say religious people should be hurt or killed. STOP.LYING

That's why I like discussing things with you. We can respectfully disagree with each other's views and it never turns ugly, hateful, or personal.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-08-2017, 09:11 PM
(19-08-2017 03:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

That's why I like discussing things with you. We can respectfully disagree with each other's views and it never turns ugly, hateful, or personal.

This is meant to be ironic, of course?
19-08-2017, 10:00 PM
(19-08-2017 09:11 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 03:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  That's why I like discussing things with you. We can respectfully disagree with each other's views and it never turns ugly, hateful, or personal.

This is meant to be ironic, of course?

Isn't there a cockroach you can fuck to keep yourself entertained and spare us your imbecility?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
21-08-2017, 12:09 PM
(18-08-2017 05:43 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  What I don't get is cake with M&M's on it. What is wrong with you, people?! Gasp

Also, when their poedom reaches this level of obviousness the chew toys are no fun anymore [Image: yawn.gif]

Are you talking about me?

Your powers of deduction are amazing.