How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind
(18-06-2015 09:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 08:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There are a number of issues with your post. Most of which are simple to resolve. Two examples I'd highlight:

1. The "God is with us" belt buckle existed on German uniforms even prior to WWI. This is a skeptic's canard.

2. Hitler had to have doubted Jesus's divinity, since he made it plain HE, ADOLPH HITLER, WAS THE MESSIAH USHERING IN A 1,000 ARYAN MILLENNIUM.

No, Hitler wasn't an atheist. He was an antichrist.

Hitler was a theist who used his religion to move the masses.

Mentioning the belt buckle only proves that Germany was a Christian nation. The crosses on the side and wings of the aircraft are called balkenkreuz, a Christian symbol.

[Image: bf109-jg27.jpg]

Adolf Hitler always invoked god in his speeches. Especially in his book. Which I read.

"Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise."

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1

" "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." "

Here is a passage from the bible that is not that different in nature.

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers.”
—Acts 7:51-52

Hitler was not an anti Christ. That title is a pathetic excuse to avoid responsibility. Hitler was a devoted Catholic with delusions of grandeur and an anti Semite.

Repeating, Hitler claimed to be the Messiah of the millennium, biblically, this would rather be Jesus Christ. So go ahead and claim Hitler was a theist or deist, but he was no Christian!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 09:15 AM
(19-06-2015 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't understand. I thought you said I'm a Bible thumper and don't rely on non-Bible sources. Be consistent.

Please show where I ever said that.

I am consistent - the Bible is not evidence.

You've said many times I reject science, chains of evidence, rationality, etc. and have religious delusions. Be consistent.

You shifted the goal posts but I remember I was calling out a member to defend the vacuous shifting sands of atheist "morality". Be on message.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
19-06-2015, 09:17 AM
(19-06-2015 09:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
Quote:Only the killing of innocent adults? So, are you then excusing the killing of children? I don't need anything other than his own words to demonstrate you're wrong.

For a scientist, you sometimes come off as highly illogical. You are saying on one hand that children are innocent but also that adults, who are not innocent, commit no moral crimes (sin) because you don't believe in sin or judgment.

The very fact that you call children innocent is a witness to you that you know adults are sinners. This is one reason why Christians mark atheists as deniers.

More of your puerile illogic, Q.

Stating the innocence of children does not make all adults sinners - that does not logically follow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-07-2015, 09:37 AM
(19-06-2015 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  For a scientist, you sometimes come off as highly illogical. You are saying on one hand that children are innocent but also that adults, who are not innocent, commit no moral crimes (sin) because you don't believe in sin or judgment.

The very fact that you call children innocent is a witness to you that you know adults are sinners. This is one reason why Christians mark atheists as deniers.

More of your puerile illogic, Q.

Stating the innocence of children does not make all adults sinners - that does not logically follow.

If it doesn't, perhaps you would explain, then, how some adults are innocent and some are not. What measures/standards are you using, please?

Thank you.

07-07-2015, 10:09 AM
(19-06-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 09:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hitler was a theist who used his religion to move the masses.

Mentioning the belt buckle only proves that Germany was a Christian nation. The crosses on the side and wings of the aircraft are called balkenkreuz, a Christian symbol.

[Image: bf109-jg27.jpg]

Adolf Hitler always invoked god in his speeches. Especially in his book. Which I read.

"Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise."

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1

" "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." "

Here is a passage from the bible that is not that different in nature.

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers.”
—Acts 7:51-52

Hitler was not an anti Christ. That title is a pathetic excuse to avoid responsibility. Hitler was a devoted Catholic with delusions of grandeur and an anti Semite.

Repeating, Hitler claimed to be the Messiah of the millennium, biblically, this would rather be Jesus Christ. So go ahead and claim Hitler was a theist or deist, but he was no Christian!

Of COURSE Hitler was a Christian. You think he was a Pastafarian?

Just because you don't approve of him, doesn't make him any less of a theist.

And he's on your side of the fence, not mine.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-07-2015, 10:03 AM
(07-07-2015 09:37 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  More of your puerile illogic, Q.

If it doesn't, perhaps you would explain, then, how some adults are innocent and some are not. What measures/standards are you using, please?

Thank you.

Non sequitur. That has absolutely nothing to do with your logically invalid conclusion.

You are really not very good at this logic thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(08-07-2015 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 09:37 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If it doesn't, perhaps you would explain, then, how some adults are innocent and some are not. What measures/standards are you using, please?

Thank you.

Non sequitur. That has absolutely nothing to do with your logically invalid conclusion.

You are really not very good at this logic thing.

Repeating, if TTA members insist that children should not suffer because they are "innocent" there must logically be ways TTA members believe some or all adults to be "guilty". Either make a case for all adults being innocent or some being innocent or quit the discussion IMHO.

Thanks.

08-07-2015, 10:19 AM
(07-07-2015 10:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, Hitler claimed to be the Messiah of the millennium, biblically, this would rather be Jesus Christ. So go ahead and claim Hitler was a theist or deist, but he was no Christian!

Of COURSE Hitler was a Christian. You think he was a Pastafarian?

Just because you don't approve of him, doesn't make him any less of a theist.

And he's on your side of the fence, not mine.

Repeating, Hitler was an unusual Christian who failed to attend church following being a pre-teen, and who publicly and politically reviled and persecuted Christians as an adult. Based on those criteria, many TTA members are themselves Christians, not atheists.

You may not want to be called a Christians yourself. But you are at TTA hassling Christians. Perhaps we should call you a "Hitlerian Christian"? You can call me one, too, but since I'm not hassling other Christians and spreading the gospel, I prefer "witnessing Christian".

Thanks!

08-07-2015, 10:45 AM
(08-07-2015 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, Hitler was an unusual Christian who failed to attend church following being a pre-teen, and who publicly and politically reviled and persecuted Christians as an adult. Based on those criteria, many TTA members are themselves Christians, not atheists.

You may not want to be called a Christians yourself. But you are at TTA hassling Christians. Perhaps we should call you a "Hitlerian Christian"? You can call me one, too, but since I'm not hassling other Christians and spreading the gospel, I prefer "witnessing Christian".

Thanks!

I read Mein Kampf. Did you? Just how well do you understand Hitler? I even read the book written by his batman, called Getting Hitler into Heaven. Plus many many more. I even read Speer's book.

I am seriously curious, just how well versed are you on this subject?

Give me some clear examples. Not vague rubbish like "Well Hitler was not really a Christian" or some such.

Give me something someone who knows the subject would know. This is a sincere request Q.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2015, 10:04 AM
(08-07-2015 10:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, Hitler was an unusual Christian who failed to attend church following being a pre-teen, and who publicly and politically reviled and persecuted Christians as an adult. Based on those criteria, many TTA members are themselves Christians, not atheists.

Thanks!

I read Mein Kampf. Did you? Just how well do you understand Hitler? I even read the book written by his batman, called Getting Hitler into Heaven. Plus many many more. I even read Speer's book.

I am seriously curious, just how well versed are you on this subject?

Give me some clear examples. Not vague rubbish like "Well Hitler was not really a Christian" or some such.

Give me something someone who knows the subject would know. This is a sincere request Q.

I was fascinated/am fascinated by Shoah history. I've read works by the following multiple times--Primo Levi, Elie Wiesel, The Buchenwald Report, etc. I've visited the DC Holocaust Museum multiple times and visited other sites. I've probably read 20 (?) 30 (?) books on Hitler and the Holocaust? I dunno.

I can tell you this. Speer, despite later protestations of innocence, fawned over Hitler, so we have to be careful with his panegyric writings.

I can also tell you I've read a lot about Hitler and his metaphysics and occulting leanings. People like Meister Eckhart inundated Hitler with drugs, theosophy, Messianic delusions and more. I would not say Hitler was a Christian, but neither would I say he was an atheist. I say Hitler was an occultist/Luciferian.

Here's one telling article online: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ution.html