How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 07:13 PM by Chas.)
RE: How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind
(08-07-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Non sequitur. That has absolutely nothing to do with your logically invalid conclusion.

You are really not very good at this logic thing.

Repeating, if TTA members insist that children should not suffer because they are "innocent" there must logically be ways TTA members believe some or all adults to be "guilty". Either make a case for all adults being innocent or some being innocent or quit the discussion IMHO.

Thanks.

Children being innocent has nothing whatsoever to do with the guilt or innocence of adults.

You are an illogical idiot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2015, 10:25 AM
(09-07-2015 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, if TTA members insist that children should not suffer because they are "innocent" there must logically be ways TTA members believe some or all adults to be "guilty". Either make a case for all adults being innocent or some being innocent or quit the discussion IMHO.

Thanks.

Children being innocent has nothing whatsoever to do with the guilt or innocence of adults.

Very well then, sir, why are children "innocent", and of what are they innocent?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
10-07-2015, 11:01 AM
(10-07-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Children being innocent has nothing whatsoever to do with the guilt or innocence of adults.

Very well then, sir, why are children "innocent", and of what are they innocent?

I have made no claim about innocence. Try to follow along here.

I am criticizing your illogical statements. You keep drawing unwarranted conclusions - your arguments are not logically valid.

10-07-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 12:58 PM by Grasshopper.)
(09-07-2015 10:04 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  People like Meister Eckhart inundated Hitler with drugs, theosophy, Messianic delusions and more.

???

Maybe I'm misreading something here -- but Meister Eckhart was a medieval theologian (early 14th century), not a contemporary of Hitler. His writings may have influenced Hitler, but he certainly wasn't giving him any drugs.
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2015, 04:39 PM
(10-07-2015 12:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 10:04 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  People like Meister Eckhart inundated Hitler with drugs, theosophy, Messianic delusions and more.

???

Maybe I'm misreading something here -- but Meister Eckhart was a medieval theologian (early 14th century), not a contemporary of Hitler. His writings may have influenced Hitler, but he certainly wasn't giving him any drugs.

Q is utterly delusional. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-07-2015, 01:31 PM
(10-07-2015 11:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Very well then, sir, why are children "innocent", and of what are they innocent?

I have made no claim about innocence. Try to follow along here.

I am criticizing your illogical statements. You keep drawing unwarranted conclusions - your arguments are not logically valid.

You may not have, but other TTA members have repeatedly stated that children should never die at God's hands because they are innocent. Either defend the innocence of children or declare them guilty. We're all tired of your word salad, Chas. It's trite at this point.

Biblically, by the way, children are guilty of sin, yet Jesus exonerates them because He tempers justice with wisdom. Something I cannot say for many TTA members. I'm sorry but that's how it reads to me.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-07-2015, 05:19 PM
(13-07-2015 01:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 11:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  I have made no claim about innocence. Try to follow along here.

You may not have, but other TTA members have repeatedly stated that children should never die at God's hands because they are innocent. Either defend the innocence of children or declare them guilty. We're all tired of your word salad, Chas. It's trite at this point.

Biblically, by the way, children are guilty of sin, yet Jesus exonerates them because He tempers justice with wisdom. Something I cannot say for many TTA members. I'm sorry but that's how it reads to me.

This always is so baffling how people discussing things don't grasp it. Sure some posters are saying their innocent.. Because in the context they are talking in YOUR biblical terms. It's not saying that it's their point, it's saying, In your context of this godly view X... It shouldn't be going over the heads of theists that this is happening. It's not hard to see.

So children have sin... but it doesn't matter because they go to heaven anyway and aren't judged so by any standard sense of any value. Yes they are what you would call "innocent" because they haven't yet been morally accountable yet.

The "justice" is nonsensical because you're indicating the "crime" is not "trusting" in Jesus as you've stated. Actual justice systems wouldn't give two seconds to care about if you believed it or not. It just goes on accordingly and should have no value. The concept that believing demonstrates there is desire to be believed for some reason via Jesus/God which goes straight back to the selfish God element.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
14-07-2015, 01:36 AM
(10-07-2015 12:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

???

Meister is also a title so it may be about Dietrich Eckart, guy involved with Thule Society.

As for Meister Eckhart Wikipedia says he was used by Alfred Rosenberg who in his book Der Mythos des XX wrote that Eckhart was greatest Germanic apostle.

About drugs - Hitler was given eyedrops with 1% cocaine after attempt on his life in 1944 and probably one time in previous years. I don't exactly remember what's written in the books but it seems to me that drugs are more a myth than a truth.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-07-2015, 10:56 AM
(13-07-2015 05:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 01:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You may not have, but other TTA members have repeatedly stated that children should never die at God's hands because they are innocent. Either defend the innocence of children or declare them guilty. We're all tired of your word salad, Chas. It's trite at this point.

This always is so baffling how people discussing things don't grasp it. Sure some posters are saying their innocent.. Because in the context they are talking in YOUR biblical terms. It's not saying that it's their point, it's saying, In your context of this godly view X... It shouldn't be going over the heads of theists that this is happening. It's not hard to see.

So children have sin... but it doesn't matter because they go to heaven anyway and aren't judged so by any standard sense of any value. Yes they are what you would call "innocent" because they haven't yet been morally accountable yet.

The "justice" is nonsensical because you're indicating the "crime" is not "trusting" in Jesus as you've stated. Actual justice systems wouldn't give two seconds to care about if you believed it or not. It just goes on accordingly and should have no value. The concept that believing demonstrates there is desire to be believed for some reason via Jesus/God which goes straight back to the selfish God element.

No, sorry. The context is TTA'ers cursing and "screaming" at me online that God would be vicious for killing what they call innocent children. Someday atheists at TTA will unite and decide whether terms like innocence and guilt, good and evil have any objective meaning at all--and then we can talk about it.

14-07-2015, 11:48 AM
(14-07-2015 10:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 05:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  This always is so baffling how people discussing things don't grasp it. Sure some posters are saying their innocent.. Because in the context they are talking in YOUR biblical terms. It's not saying that it's their point, it's saying, In your context of this godly view X... It shouldn't be going over the heads of theists that this is happening. It's not hard to see.

No, sorry. The context is TTA'ers cursing and "screaming" at me online that God would be vicious for killing what they call innocent children. Someday atheists at TTA will unite and decide whether terms like innocence and guilt, good and evil have any objective meaning at all--and then we can talk about it.

Q is becoming a big baby that has these fits because nobody will play in his land of make believe, and with his imaginary friends. BTW, I can come up with imaginary friends that are way more likable than yours.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post