How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind
(14-07-2015 10:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Someday atheists at TTA will unite and decide whether terms like innocence and guilt, good and evil have any objective meaning at all--and then we can talk about it.
And maybe some day theists will unite and decide which god(s) is/are real, and stop having thousands of religions and denominations. Then we can talk about religion without laughing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
14-07-2015, 11:56 AM
(14-07-2015 10:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Someday atheists at TTA will unite and decide whether terms like innocence and guilt, good and evil have any objective meaning at all--and then we can talk about it.

They don't. Would you like to talk bout it? Tell me about your mother.

#sigh
14-07-2015, 12:00 PM
(14-07-2015 10:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 05:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  This always is so baffling how people discussing things don't grasp it. Sure some posters are saying their innocent.. Because in the context they are talking in YOUR biblical terms. It's not saying that it's their point, it's saying, In your context of this godly view X... It shouldn't be going over the heads of theists that this is happening. It's not hard to see.

So children have sin... but it doesn't matter because they go to heaven anyway and aren't judged so by any standard sense of any value. Yes they are what you would call "innocent" because they haven't yet been morally accountable yet.

The "justice" is nonsensical because you're indicating the "crime" is not "trusting" in Jesus as you've stated. Actual justice systems wouldn't give two seconds to care about if you believed it or not. It just goes on accordingly and should have no value. The concept that believing demonstrates there is desire to be believed for some reason via Jesus/God which goes straight back to the selfish God element.

No, sorry. The context is TTA'ers cursing and "screaming" at me online that God would be vicious for killing what they call innocent children. Someday atheists at TTA will unite and decide whether terms like innocence and guilt, good and evil have any objective meaning at all--and then we can talk about it.

Yes people need to unite because individuals can't have meanings of their own individual meaning and all ideas need to be united... No that's ignorance of how reality and peoples minds work. I'm sorry you still have that and don't see around it.

well at least you do think so with your whole silly Q thing.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-07-2015, 12:04 PM
(13-07-2015 01:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 11:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  I have made no claim about innocence. Try to follow along here.

I am criticizing your illogical statements. You keep drawing unwarranted conclusions - your arguments are not logically valid.

You may not have, but other TTA members have repeatedly stated that children should never die at God's hands because they are innocent. Either defend the innocence of children or declare them guilty. We're all tired of your word salad, Chas. It's trite at this point.

Biblically, by the way, children are guilty of sin, yet Jesus exonerates them because He tempers justice with wisdom. Something I cannot say for many TTA members. I'm sorry but that's how it reads to me.

Word salad? Projecting at its finest.

You are obviously just too stupid to understand that I have pointed out the your argument is illogical in form; you made an invalid inference that has nothing to do with my defending innocence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2015, 10:07 AM
(14-07-2015 11:52 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
And maybe some day theists will unite and decide which god(s) is/are real, and stop having thousands of religions and denominations. Then we can talk about religion without laughing.

Yours would be an accurate comment except that there are thousands of demonic spirits involved in false religions.

However, TTA members needn't unite on these points. How about you define good and evil, innocence and guilt--and then you can defend your stance that children are de facto innocent, and God guilty of some imagined crimes against justice.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
15-07-2015, 10:11 AM
(14-07-2015 12:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 01:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You may not have, but other TTA members have repeatedly stated that children should never die at God's hands because they are innocent. Either defend the innocence of children or declare them guilty. We're all tired of your word salad, Chas. It's trite at this point.

Biblically, by the way, children are guilty of sin, yet Jesus exonerates them because He tempers justice with wisdom. Something I cannot say for many TTA members. I'm sorry but that's how it reads to me.

Word salad? Projecting at its finest.

You are obviously just too stupid to understand that I have pointed out the your argument is illogical in form; you made an invalid inference that has nothing to do with my defending innocence.

I'd say the word salad is yours, since you normally limit your "factual posts" to a sentence or two including, if theists are involved, perjoratives and/or ad hom attacks. [Yawn.]

Children are sinners. Kindly explain why a god shouldn't kill them with natural disasters like floods or earthquakes or leave the argument to those who actually wish to argue. Rolleyes

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
15-07-2015, 10:16 AM
(15-07-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yours would be an accurate comment except that there are thousands of demonic spirits involved in false religions.

OOooookay.....

NOW I get it......

Q is all satire......................

Gotta be, right????

NOBODY is so whacked out as to believe such utter garbage, are they????

at least nobody that's not in a jacket that has the arms laced up in the back...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-07-2015, 11:35 AM
(15-07-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 11:52 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  And maybe some day theists will unite and decide which god(s) is/are real, and stop having thousands of religions and denominations. Then we can talk about religion without laughing.

Yours would be an accurate comment except that there are thousands of demonic spirits involved in false religions.

However, TTA members needn't unite on these points. How about you define good and evil, innocence and guilt--and then you can defend your stance that children are de facto innocent, and God guilty of some imagined crimes against justice.
As usual you have entirely missed the point.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
15-07-2015, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 10:53 PM by Chas.)
(15-07-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 12:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Word salad? Projecting at its finest.

I'd say the word salad is yours, since you normally limit your "factual posts" to a sentence or two including, if theists are involved, perjoratives and/or ad hom attacks. [Yawn.]

Children are sinners. Kindly explain why a god shouldn't kill them with natural disasters like floods or earthquakes or leave the argument to those who actually wish to argue. Rolleyes

You made the following statements:
"Repeating, if TTA members insist that children should not suffer because they are "innocent" there must logically be ways TTA members believe some or all adults to be "guilty". Either make a case for all adults being innocent or some being innocent or quit the discussion IMHO."

These statements make no logical sense; each sentence is a non sequitur.

I am pointing out that your argument is not just flawed, it doesn't make any sense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
15-07-2015, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 01:35 PM by Leo.)
(14-07-2015 11:52 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  

Nope. I will still be laughing. One christianity or 20,000 christianity sects , it doesn't matter . This religion is a joke. Islam and Judaism are a huge joke too. Hinduism is also a very silly religion.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post