How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 07:34 AM
RE: How Religion Nearly Shattered my Mind
(15-07-2015 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'd say the word salad is yours, since you normally limit your "factual posts" to a sentence or two including, if theists are involved, perjoratives and/or ad hom attacks. [Yawn.]

Children are sinners. Kindly explain why a god shouldn't kill them with natural disasters like floods or earthquakes or leave the argument to those who actually wish to argue. Rolleyes

You made the following statements:
"Repeating, if TTA members insist that children should not suffer because they are "innocent" there must logically be ways TTA members believe some or all adults to be "guilty". Either make a case for all adults being innocent or some being innocent or quit the discussion IMHO."

These statements make no logical sense; each sentence is a non sequitur.

I am pointing out that your argument is not just flawed, it doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. Many atheists refuse to say that innocence and guilt are moral truths. If there are no sins, everyone is innocent of sin. Every time a TTA member screams "God was guilty of killing innocent children!" they are undoing their stance regarding the amoral nature of the natural world and us in it.

Do not dare tell me or anyone else God is guilty and children are innocent unless you are willing to define those terms. Kindly define them or stop writing on the thread.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 08:00 AM
(16-07-2015 07:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  You made the following statements:
"Repeating, if TTA members insist that children should not suffer because they are "innocent" there must logically be ways TTA members believe some or all adults to be "guilty". Either make a case for all adults being innocent or some being innocent or quit the discussion IMHO."

These statements make no logical sense; each sentence is a non sequitur.

I am pointing out that your argument is not just flawed, it doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. Many atheists refuse to say that innocence and guilt are moral truths. If there are no sins, everyone is innocent of sin. Every time a TTA member screams "God was guilty of killing innocent children!" they are undoing their stance regarding the amoral nature of the natural world and us in it.

Do not dare tell me or anyone else God is guilty and children are innocent unless you are willing to define those terms. Kindly define them or stop writing on the thread.

Thanks.

You are still utterly missing the point.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-07-2015, 10:27 AM
(16-07-2015 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 07:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It makes perfect sense. Many atheists refuse to say that innocence and guilt are moral truths. If there are no sins, everyone is innocent of sin. Every time a TTA member screams "God was guilty of killing innocent children!" they are undoing their stance regarding the amoral nature of the natural world and us in it.

Thanks.

You are still utterly missing the point.

You are continuing to shift the goal posts. I was neither illogical nor overly burdensome. (Kindly I say) stop whining about "If God exists, he is cruel to the innocent," when in typical skeptic's fashion you won't say one sentence about what innocence is when asked to do so a half-dozen times by me.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
17-07-2015, 10:36 AM
(17-07-2015 10:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are still utterly missing the point.

You are continuing to shift the goal posts. I was neither illogical nor overly burdensome. (Kindly I say) stop whining about "If God exists, he is cruel to the innocent," when in typical skeptic's fashion you won't say one sentence about what innocence is when asked to do so a half-dozen times by me.

I don't care about discussing innocence - that wasn't the point.

I have shifted nothing; I pointed out your non sequiturs and you don't get it.

20-07-2015, 10:09 AM
(17-07-2015 10:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 10:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are continuing to shift the goal posts. I was neither illogical nor overly burdensome. (Kindly I say) stop whining about "If God exists, he is cruel to the innocent," when in typical skeptic's fashion you won't say one sentence about what innocence is when asked to do so a half-dozen times by me.

I don't care about discussing innocence - that wasn't the point.

I think you do care about discussing innocence, and are following path of avoidance.

20-07-2015, 06:50 PM
(20-07-2015 10:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 10:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't care about discussing innocence - that wasn't the point.

I think you do care about discussing innocence, and are following path of avoidance.

You are delusional. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-07-2015, 07:34 AM
(20-07-2015 06:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 10:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I think you do care about discussing innocence, and are following path of avoidance.

You are delusional. Drinking Beverage

No, sir. I am biased. It is you who expects that every theist commentator is biased (and every pantheist commentator, too) while assuming that atheists simply all soak in plain, unvarnished truth. You have a bias, unless you wish to (falsely) protest that you will follow the evidence wherever it leads regarding a god(s).

21-07-2015, 08:18 AM
(21-07-2015 07:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 06:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are delusional. Drinking Beverage

No, sir. I am biased. It is you who expects that every theist commentator is biased (and every pantheist commentator, too) while assuming that atheists simply all soak in plain, unvarnished truth. You have a bias, unless you wish to (falsely) protest that you will follow the evidence wherever it leads regarding a god(s).

You continue to miss the obvious: the need for evidence. If there were evidence for any gods, I would follow that evidence.

"unless you wish to (falsely) protest" Fuck you. You are such an asshole.

21-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Q - When you assert that such a thing as "sin" (and therefore the concept of innocence from sin) exists, and that your religion offers the solution to this new problem, we're perfectly within our rights (indeed, within Reason) to skeptically question this concept, and require specific definitions of the new idea you're presenting to us.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
22-07-2015, 10:44 AM
(21-07-2015 08:55 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q - When you assert that such a thing as "sin" (and therefore the concept of innocence from sin) exists, and that your religion offers the solution to this new problem, we're perfectly within our rights (indeed, within Reason) to skeptically question this concept, and require specific definitions of the new idea you're presenting to us.

Absolutely, of course, you are. So perhaps tell us why children have no sin (I say they do but are exempted from many of, not all of, sin's punishments).