How Sweet is This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 03:56 AM
RE: How Sweet is This?
Most romantic thing I done? I wrote a poem for girl I liked. It would be pretty romantic gesture I would say if not for quality of said poem - roses are red jokes were masterpieces compared to my creation Weeping

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
23-05-2015, 07:20 AM
(22-05-2015 08:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 08:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  ...
So what's the most romantic thing you've ever done for someone

I sometimes leave a tip.

Angel

You're gonna leave your tip, you keep it up. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-05-2015, 07:25 AM
I once farted under the covers and pulled them over our heads. The stench was pretty sweet.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
23-05-2015, 07:25 AM
You know, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the last time I had a romantic date. My 6th wedding anniversary we went to the Melting Pot...but I once again picked the place - at least I didn't have to make the damn reservations. Before that? Umm 2006, my honeymoon - we found a cute little wine shop with an outdoor patio at Rosemary Beach. We "celebrated" our divorce with a similar Pinot Gris. Undecided

Slow dancing in the kitchen while food was cooking was always one of my favorite things, but over the last few years he never wanted to...

Every few years I'd suggest he surprise me with a date. Never happened. No flowers between years 3 and 6. I only got my favorite flowers for my 22nd birthday and my 8th wedding anniversary. The flowers last year were to make up for doing absolutely nothing for our anniversary.

I guess that's what I get for marrying someone that was more of a friend than a lover.

What I've always wanted is for the man to plan the date, have me pack a bag, and not tell me where we're going and what we're doing - the only hint being what type of clothes and shoes to bring. I'd have loved to go camping/hiking and have the destination be one of the waterfalls in the region. Or a pretty mountain view.

So yeh. I want a man that will put on some music and dance with me in the kitchen or the living room and occasionally surprise me with doing something fun like a picnic. It's not romantic if I have to ask or plan it myself.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
23-05-2015, 08:15 AM
After all these years, we still don't know what makes a Date Roman tick...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-05-2015, 08:47 AM
(23-05-2015 07:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  You know, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the last time I had a romantic date. My 6th wedding anniversary we went to the Melting Pot...but I once again picked the place - at least I didn't have to make the damn reservations. Before that? Umm 2006, my honeymoon - we found a cute little wine shop with an outdoor patio at Rosemary Beach. We "celebrated" our divorce with a similar Pinot Gris. Undecided

Slow dancing in the kitchen while food was cooking was always one of my favorite things, but over the last few years he never wanted to...

Every few years I'd suggest he surprise me with a date. Never happened. No flowers between years 3 and 6. I only got my favorite flowers for my 22nd birthday and my 8th wedding anniversary. The flowers last year were to make up for doing absolutely nothing for our anniversary.

I guess that's what I get for marrying someone that was more of a friend than a lover.

What I've always wanted is for the man to plan the date, have me pack a bag, and not tell me where we're going and what we're doing - the only hint being what type of clothes and shoes to bring. I'd have loved to go camping/hiking and have the destination be one of the waterfalls in the region. Or a pretty mountain view.

So yeh. I want a man that will put on some music and dance with me in the kitchen or the living room and occasionally surprise me with doing something fun like a picnic. It's not romantic if I have to ask or plan it myself.

exactly.

in college I had the 3rd floor attic bedroom in a house. I was in my room, apparently my house mates were out, and my boyfriend at the time decided to stop by, he was ringing the doorbell which I couldnt hear. He decided to climb up the side of the house to my window. It was sweet because it was an unexpected visit. He just wanted to see me.

And it seems military (especially the navy IMO) guys can be quite charming in letters, even when seeing each other is a long, long way off.

when my husband and I started dating/living together he was frequently out of town on a project Monday thru Friday, he would write all sorts of poems and love letters in email, send flowers 'just because'. But now that children have arrived, eh...not so much anymore.

seems to me distance is connected to romance.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-05-2015, 08:57 AM
(23-05-2015 03:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  "No romance"
Said Juliet
"I haven't
Left school yet
We're friends
Just friends"

Said Samson
"Delilah?
She's my hairstyler
We're friends
Just friends"

When they whispered
"Napoleon pays Josephine's rent"
"Nonsense!" said Bonapart
"She lives on her own apart
And in her own
Apartment
We're friends
Just friends"

-- Flanders and Swann

Wut? No Hero and Leander?? Tongue They're the best ones!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-05-2015, 09:05 AM
(23-05-2015 07:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  You know, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the last time I had a romantic date. My 6th wedding anniversary we went to the Melting Pot...but I once again picked the place - at least I didn't have to make the damn reservations. Before that? Umm 2006, my honeymoon - we found a cute little wine shop with an outdoor patio at Rosemary Beach. We "celebrated" our divorce with a similar Pinot Gris. Undecided

Yes to all these things! The thing I liked about the article is that on their 57th wedding anniversary, the husband still wanted to do something romantic for his wife. I have been in rships (like the one with my ex) where things were romantic at the beginning and then the romance just fizzled out years later. It does take work when you've been in a rship for awhile to keep the romance alive, but I think it can be worth the effort--if both people want that. You gotta keep things hot and exciting, I say! Tongue
23-05-2015, 09:06 AM
(23-05-2015 12:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Romantic? A picnic out in the country, by a creek ... good food, good wine, good lovin'.

You're good Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-05-2015, 09:15 AM
(23-05-2015 08:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 03:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  "No romance"
Said Juliet
"I haven't
Left school yet
We're friends
Just friends"

Said Samson
"Delilah?
She's my hairstyler
We're friends
Just friends"

When they whispered
"Napoleon pays Josephine's rent"
"Nonsense!" said Bonapart
"She lives on her own apart
And in her own
Apartment
We're friends
Just friends"

-- Flanders and Swann

Wut? No Hero and Leander?? Tongue They're the best ones!

Anna Akhmatova is quite nice:

“You will hear thunder and remember me,
And think: she wanted storms. The rim
Of the sky will be the colour of hard crimson,
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.”

“Though you are three times more beautiful than angels,
Though you are the sister of the river willows,
I will kill you with my singing,
Without spilling your blood on the ground.
Not touching you with my hand,
Not giving you one glance, I will stop loving you,
But with your unimaginable groans
I will finally slake my thirst.
From her, who wandered the earth before me,
Crueler than ice, more fiery than flame,
From her, who still exists in the ether—
From her you will set me free.”

Sergey Yesenin also isn't worst:

"You were crying on a quiet night,
Those tears in your eyes you werenТt hiding,
I was so sad,а it was a real plight,
And yet we couldnТt overcome misunderstanding.

Now you are gone, IТm here, on my own,
My dreams have faded, losing tint and colour,
You left me, and again I am all alone,
Without tender word and greeting, in my parlour.

When evening comes I often,а crowned with rue,
Come to the place ofа our dating here,
And in my dreams I see the sight of you
And hear you crying bitterly, my dear".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post