How Sweet is This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: How Sweet is This?
(23-05-2015 12:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 12:13 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Certainly. But it could remain sweet, yet unknown gesture. Who in this time check their malibox? Wink

Still, it would be kinda nice to find letter like this.

If I knew I was getting a love letter every day--I know I would check! Tongue

Love letters are easy Wink I can just write a bot. Mail you once a day. Vary the times a bit to make it more realistic... Nothing too hectic. Just "Thinking of you". "Check out this cool picture of a hyaena that I found". "Love you xxxxx"

Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-05-2015, 12:48 PM
(23-05-2015 12:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 12:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If I knew I was getting a love letter every day--I know I would check! Tongue

You can always check your PM box Wink It's kinda more modern.

I dunno--I guess I'm old school--I'd prefer the actual letter. Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-05-2015, 12:51 PM
(23-05-2015 12:48 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 12:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You can always check your PM box Wink It's kinda more modern.

I dunno--I guess I'm old school--I'd prefer the actual letter. Thumbsup

It could be a problem, but if lady preffer such then there is nothing more than can be done about it, apart from sending such letters that is Big Grin

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-05-2015, 12:59 PM
(23-05-2015 12:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 12:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If I knew I was getting a love letter every day--I know I would check! Tongue

Love letters are easy Wink I can just write a bot. Mail you once a day. Vary the times a bit to make it more realistic... Nothing too hectic. Just "Thinking of you". "Check out this cool picture of a hyaena that I found". "Love you xxxxx"

Big Grin

Like this?

[Image: All-purpose-Love-letter-578012.jpeg]
23-05-2015, 01:41 PM
(23-05-2015 10:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When my guy and I were still long distance I used to get a lovey letter a day in the mail. Some where long, others were just short words of love, but it was always very sweet.

These days a romantic gesture to me is him letting me sleep in the morning while he cares for the baby. Lol

OMG I'm swooning over the letters - that's really thoughtful. And oh my god at the dream dates Thumpalumpacus shared!

Ugh. I think tonight I'll get my romance fix by watching a movie with one of these lines:

[Image: Romantic_movie_quotes_20140226_Romanticmoviequotes.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
23-05-2015, 01:55 PM
OH! Also this last mothers day was my first. The card he got me he wrote on like he did the love letters, and told me he remembered I'd mentioned a while back how much I liked those letters, so he wanted to give me a new one. Smile
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
23-05-2015, 02:11 PM
(23-05-2015 12:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  

You can always check your PM box Wink It's kinda more modern.

The PM box is great for quick turn around Smile

But there is a certain sexiness to a hand written note, for sure...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
23-05-2015, 02:29 PM
(23-05-2015 02:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 12:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You can always check your PM box Wink It's kinda more modern.

The PM box is great for quick turn around Smile

But there is a certain sexiness to a hand written note, for sure...

Certainly. I can't disagree with such statement. Flower/flowers also dont hurt I suppose.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-05-2015, 01:02 AM
(23-05-2015 01:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  OMG I'm swooning over the letters - that's really thoughtful. And oh my god at the dream dates Thumpalumpacus shared!

Ugh. I think tonight I'll get my romance fix by watching a movie with one of these lines:

I'm gonna catch shit from the guys about this, but one of the lines I loved from When Harry Met Sally needs to be on there -- it's what I told my dearest early on in our relationship -- "When you meet someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right now."

As for the dream dates, I've always believed that relationships take work. And part of that work is for each of you to make those special times happen. Even after we'd been together for five years, my son's mom and I went out twice a month or more, a nice restaurant, a movie, something. Not every date was like the ones above -- but we continued dating long after we moved in together.

Another thing we'd do is leave little surprise notes around the house for each other. Little things like that go a long ways, in my book.

Love is a garden -- all the beauty one sees in it represent many, many hours of work.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-05-2015, 01:05 AM
(24-05-2015 01:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 01:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  OMG I'm swooning over the letters - that's really thoughtful. And oh my god at the dream dates Thumpalumpacus shared!

I'm gonna catch shit from the guys about this, but one of the lines I loved from When Harry Met Sally needs to be on there -- it's what I told my dearest early on in our relationship -- "When you meet someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right now."

As for the dream dates, I've always believed that relationships take work. And part of that work is for each of you to make those special times happen. Even after we'd been together for five years, my son's mom and I went out twice a month or more, a nice restaurant, a movie, something. Not every date was like the ones above -- but we continued dating long after we moved in together.

Another thing we'd do is leave little surprise notes around the house for each other. Little things like that go a long ways, in my book.

Love is a garden -- all the beauty one sees in it represent many, many hours of work.

You need to teach workshops lol Tongue