How Sweet is This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: How Sweet is This?
Oh, no, I've got too much to work on myself to worry about anyone else. I'm a pretty big ass when I'm not happy. I've never had a relationship last more than six years -- and I'm 48 years old. That says something right there. For a long time I referred to myself as an "outside cat" (see my user title, though here at TTA it's a different, nonromantic context), because I didn't know if I was fit for settling down at all.

No, I've got much more learning than teaching to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-05-2015, 03:09 AM
(23-05-2015 10:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When my guy and I were still long distance I used to get a lovey letter a day in the mail.

Noted for future reference if / when he comes back here again. Evil_monster

btw, please tell him that our Library books need dusting and there are some vids to put back on the right shelves.

Thanks.

Cool

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-05-2015, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2015 04:43 AM by Marozz.)
I bought flowers once or twice, and I bought chocolates a few times ( dark chocolate, my favorite).....I don't remember anything else. I'll ask the wife if she can remember me doing anything romantic. ....... Nah, maybe that's not such a good idea. I don't think remembering her birthday can be regarded as romantic.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
24-05-2015, 04:49 AM
(24-05-2015 04:24 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I bought flowers once or twice, and I bought chocolates a few times ( dark chocolate, my favorite).....I don't remember anything else. I'll ask the wife if she can remember me doing anything romantic. ....... Nah, maybe that's not such a good idea. I don't think remembering her birthday can be regarded as romantic.

Big Grin

Do you remember that time when you didn't make her buy her own drink?

That counts.

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-05-2015, 04:51 AM
(24-05-2015 04:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 04:24 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I bought flowers once or twice, and I bought chocolates a few times ( dark chocolate, my favorite).....I don't remember anything else. I'll ask the wife if she can remember me doing anything romantic. ....... Nah, maybe that's not such a good idea. I don't think remembering her birthday can be regarded as romantic.

Big Grin

Do you remember that time when you didn't make her buy her own drink?

That counts.

Wink
Now that you mention it I do. I had a good win on the horses that day.Big Grin

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
24-05-2015, 07:02 AM
(24-05-2015 01:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, I've got much more learning than teaching to do.

That right there is key to anybody worth knowing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Re: How Sweet is This?
Not a big fan of mushy, romantic stuff in real life. I do enjoy poetry, though.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
24-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Fuken yank out the old Gibran or Murakami, turn to the relevant page and read it aloud... works like a charm Thumbsup Cheaper than drinks too. Dodgy Any girl that falls for that shit is gonna have a harrrrrrd time with me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2015, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2015 05:19 PM by Nurse.)
(24-05-2015 04:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  Fuken yank out the old Gibran or Murakami, turn to the relevant page and read it aloud... works like a charm Thumbsup Cheaper than drinks too. Dodgy Any girl that falls for that shit is gonna have a harrrrrrd time with me.

Oh come on.

"Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep..." That shit's deep..ity

...ok it's by N'Sync...but sounds the same.

You'd be surprised by the number of jackasses that try to pull that off. Gibran, Murakamo... fuck Deepak Chopra would be a step up. Weeping

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
24-05-2015, 11:52 PM
(24-05-2015 05:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  You'd be surprised by the number of jackasses that try to pull that off.

Big Grin

Quote: Gibran, Murakamo... fuck Deepak Chopra would be a step up. Weeping

They actually do say meaningful stuff, unlike D. Chopra Esquire. I actually really feel that Gibran's stuff on love is pretty spot on. But... like the other day I was talking about this stuff and I pulled it out and read the relevant passage to the chick I was chatting to at the time and instead of having a deep discussion about love she proceeded to swoon... it was like every word was a jolt to her clit. I mean it was hot, don't get me wrong but... I was actually more into literary criticism at the time... Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post