How Sweet is This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: How Sweet is This?
(26-05-2015 09:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't think theres anything wrong with using love poetry. I was just making a comment on what was said before.

Since I was the one what said what was said before...

I'll disagree with your disagreement. What I said was in the context of Chas's comment that there's a whole bunch of half-naked firemen pinin' in the fjords 'cos they can't find love. I was saying it's easy enough to attract a partner. If those jokers are what they're cracked up to be they should be able to do it, *even if* they have to resort to half-baked renditions of other people's poetry.

Actual poetry is good stuff and not just for getting into people's pants.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2015, 10:13 AM
(26-05-2015 10:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 09:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't think theres anything wrong with using love poetry. I was just making a comment on what was said before.

Since I was the one what said what was said before...

I'll disagree with your disagreement. What I said was in the context of Chas's comment that there's a whole bunch of half-naked firemen pinin' in the fjords 'cos they can't find love. I was saying it's easy enough to attract a partner. If those jokers are what they're cracked up to be they should be able to do it, *even if* they have to resort to half-baked renditions of other people's poetry.

Actual poetry is good stuff and not just for getting into people's pants.

Poetry can be lovely, totally agree.

Perhaps you are right. However if firemen in fjords cant think of any way to attract a mate...perhaps they are better off not doing so Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
26-05-2015, 11:19 AM
(26-05-2015 10:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Actual poetry is good stuff and not just for getting into people's pants.

For those not capable of reciting poetry there is always alcohol and music. Some of these people drive "Fjords." Laugh out load
26-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Sure, attracting a *sex* partner is pretty easy - red lipstick, push up bra, skinny jeans, heels and alcohol = done.

As far as dating - Physically and intellectually attractive to me? Few and far between. Most men that fall into that category aren't single - because they've already attracted a partner. Thus my dilemma. I have no shortage of men knocking on my door, but I'm not looking to settle. At present the only single man I even know that actually *meets* my standards is a Christian and knows I'm an atheist - meaning I don't meet his standards. Although I'm not so sure I want to get mixed up with a Christian again, anyway.

Ok. I take that back. There's a man I once knew in Birmingham that could garner my interest - he's the total package - I get the impression he's a closeted atheist - he attended the church I worked for. I had to remind myself I had an engagement ring on my finger whenever we interacted (should have been my sign to break off my engagement). But he's in Birmingham, and it's been years since we've been in touch. Granted I'll eventually be moving there, but that's a ways off. That's the thing with relationships - timing is everything, as is geographical location.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-05-2015, 05:02 PM
(26-05-2015 04:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  as is geographical location.

Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-05-2015, 05:18 PM
From my personal experience, writing a poem for a girlfriend isn't always a good idea.

It can be, just not always.
26-05-2015, 05:20 PM
(26-05-2015 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 04:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  alcohol is bad, so I ain't drinking it.

Alcohol drunk to excess leads to some interesting results yes...

Regrettable,yes. Besides if I have to drink to think a girl looks good, then I should not be with her period.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-05-2015, 06:03 PM
(26-05-2015 05:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 04:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  as is geographical location.

Weeping

Heart

If you ever need a change of scenery, you know where to find me. Wink

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
26-05-2015, 06:14 PM
(26-05-2015 05:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  Alcohol drunk to excess leads to some interesting results yes...

Regrettable,yes. Besides if I have to drink to think a girl looks good, then I should not be with her period.

It's to loosen inhibitions and quell the anxiety. Not make them look better - or at least for my experience. That, and it makes me not care that the guy I'm chatting up is dumb as a bag of rocks.

26-05-2015, 07:15 PM
(26-05-2015 06:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 05:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Regrettable,yes. Besides if I have to drink to think a girl looks good, then I should not be with her period.

It's to loosen inhibitions and quell the anxiety. Not make them look better - or at least for my experience. That, and it makes me not care that the guy I'm chatting up is dumb as a bag of rocks.

Fair enough, i feel that only muscles attract girls now adays.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube