How To Deal With Grandmother Who Complains?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 04:35 PM by Ruby Crystal.)
How To Deal With Grandmother Who Complains?
Set up here is that I got my grandmother some icing she likes and a cake she really wanted, Yellow Cake with Buttercream White Icing.

Okay, I'm not the best chief, but I have an idea. I baked the cake,a dn waited a good fifteen minuets, I did as she taught me and felt the surface, it was cool to the touch. I put on the icing, had some trouble, but it looks clean with the cake coming off in tact.

I tell you, 'Cakes ready'

she said 'Now just let it cool'

I said, 'I did for about thirty or fifteen minuets'

She went over and felt it and started to yell, "This cake isn't cool, it's still warm on the bottom!' granted i didn't know this, I just went by how she taught me, if the top is cool it's ready. And she keeps going off, 'This kind of icing doesn't work like that.'

I commented and said, "Well, what doe sit matter if the icing melts, it'll just be inside the cake, and still taste good.'

Apparently she didn't like that and kept on complaining, until I got fed up with it. "Mom, (I call ehr mom at times) you just like finding something to complain about." she denies it saying that if I 'get her going' she complains.

But I retorted back saying, "Mom all I did was tell you I let it cool and it was done and you come in here and start to yell and grip!" she didn't like that either.

Then she's complaining again because my real mom didn't get her a straw from mcdonalds to enjoy her shake, and no ranch for her salad. My real mom was already having trouble as it was, they didn't give her, her full order so she ahd to go back to get it, so the two shakes melted a bit. And in her haste she forgot the ranch, which she assumed that 'Well we have ranch dressing at the house, so that'll work.'

Nope, my om like McDonald ranch on her salad. And she also forgot straws, which most drive thur places don't often give you straws. And then she starts to complain about other places that don't give her 'what she says'. Even though she often just expects them to read her fucking mind and do that.

I said back, "Mom, just face facts that no one will be able to please you.'

"THEY SO CAN! If they would just do as I ask!"

I rolled my eyes, 'How can my grandmother be such a whining bitch?' then again, she's a 'evangelical' conservative Republican, and in her 50's so...

It's driving me up the wall that she claims I have to 'apologize' when she gets like this.
I'm getting to a breaking point where I ready to yell at her and tell her what's for and how her bitchyness affects me. And that she needs to 'get over herself' and start to realize the world can't read her mind and we are all human.

I can picture how it would go, in front of people so she can get the extent of how I feel when she does it to me. 'That's it I'm sick of it, if you're so 'Christian' act like it, dang it! Your the one who taught me to live life with what you have, enjoy what the Lord gives you, don't complain and grip for he can take it away from you. Yet you sit there and be a hypocrite!'

Though I know she would take it personally, or try to deny it. One thing every Christian hates it to be told they are going to Hell. She's already 50, and I know what it's like to live your life in fear that something nonexistent is going to take you're 'soul'. It's miserable, and depressing, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, the emotional pain it can bring.... But I wish my grandmother would understand how it feels when she gets like this.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: How To Deal With Grandmother Who Complains?
It's hard to take criticism when you're trying to do a loved one a favor. If it were me and my grandma, I'd shut up and take it. I don't know if that helps, but I hope it does.

Me being me, I never yelled at my grammas, and never would.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Some people are happier griping than they are eating cake.

If it was me, I'd tell to make her own fucking cakes.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
25-07-2017, 07:34 PM
I would just say "Oh sorry it's too hot for you, I'll save it for someone else. What would you like ?" (And DON'T allow her to say she'll have some later", after all).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-07-2017, 08:08 PM
You gotta let cakes cool a lot longer than 15 minutes before putting on the icing! Are you sure she wasn't talking about cupcakes? Next time let the cake cool for a couple hours. And be nice to granny even if she's surly. I'm old myself and I can tell you being old just ain't no good. Everyday you wake up and it's like I'm older than yesterday, damnit. She probably forgot how damn hard it is to bake a cake when you're new at it. It's like parallel parking. A lot of people won't even try.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
25-07-2017, 08:12 PM
She's already 50? Gasp

Oh.
My.
God.

The poor woman is almost on death's door. Be nice to her in her final days.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
25-07-2017, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 08:35 PM by jennybee.)
Maybe be thankful that this is the worst thing you have to deal with in life. I'm not trying to push away your feelings, so I'm sorry if it's coming out that way--I'm just saying there's so much shit and tragedy going on in the world. Sometimes looking at things on a bigger scope can help you better deal with things going on at home. And you can always use this as a motivating factor (i.e. not getting along with your grandma) to get out on your own and then you can bake cakes however you like. Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-07-2017, 08:34 PM
(25-07-2017 08:12 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  She's already 50? Gasp

Oh.
My.
God.

The poor woman is almost on death's door. Be nice to her in her final days.

Don't make me wave my cane at you, son!
26-07-2017, 03:06 AM
I know people who seem to live for complaining about things. It's really annoying. All I can suggest is to try not to take it personally, and to disengage from any pointless discussions. (Pointless because you know the other person is going to continue to be unreasonable.)

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
26-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Thanks everyone. I guess I'm at the ropes end. This is all she does now, even for the little things that don't matter she finds a reason to complain. Mostly politics. I do love her, but I feel she emotionally uses me and just likes to yell at me or her kids just because she can.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post