How To Get Positive Rep?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: How To Get Positive Rep?
(10-01-2013 12:16 AM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Any advise, guys?
It often happens that I have a meditation scheduled on that day, so afterwards when replying to an interesting post I'm well-connected to the wisdom of the universe Smile What of it gets through my imperfect brain, seems to be well-appreciated. It took several years to get to that proficiency, though. Plus a school course of all ten fingers writing Big Grin

I only regret I often don't know how to write something back. You guys are so awesome, that I can't exactly differentiate. You have mature opinions, you ask intelligent questions, you understand the answers... equally. I'll have to read through more people's reps. Writing reputations is a social skill, that's my weakness Wink

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
12-01-2013, 01:25 PM
(11-01-2013 07:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  In other words, even by not using the 'rep' functionality one is still sending a message.

Fuck. ... Consider ... I never even thought of it that way before. I use the like button a lot for posts I find interesting and/or entertaining but generally just ignore the rep shit. ... Doesn't look like I've repped you yet, and now I'm not sure whether to give you a positive for your excellent poetry and pleasant disposition or a negative for pointing out cracks in Girly's solipsistic world view. ... Aw fuck it, don't think I've ever given negative rep before (Chas can check me on this) so I guess I'll spend the rest of the day trying to figure who I should've repped because I really appreciate the totality of their contributions and haven't acknowledged it. ... Fuck, this is gonna take some time and effort.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-01-2013, 01:25 PM
(12-01-2013 12:29 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 12:16 AM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Any advise, guys?
It often happens that I have a meditation scheduled on that day, so afterwards when replying to an interesting post I'm well-connected to the wisdom of the universe Smile What of it gets through my imperfect brain, seems to be well-appreciated. It took several years to get to that proficiency, though. Plus a school course of all ten fingers writing Big Grin

I only regret I often don't know how to write something back. You guys are so awesome, that I can't exactly differentiate. You have mature opinions, you ask intelligent questions, you understand the answers... equally. I'll have to read through more people's reps. Writing reputations is a social skill, that's my weakness Wink
I'm on the same boat. People here seem to read up so much to debate. I'm not much of a debater. If someone is genuinely interested in what I have to say then I'm always up for a discussion. And in my family full of non-christians who aren't terribly fond of christians the conversations can become quite lively (my last poor boyfriend was christian, i always felt bad for him when we visited my family lol)

But I think that's one of the big draws of this place. People are so intelligent and knowledgeable and you learn so much more by being surrounded by people who share the same thoughts as you on a subject. (Besides, I only know two real atheists in person, one lives in Australia and one is my sister, so it gets awfully lonely. lol)

The Out Crowd.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-01-2013, 01:29 PM
(12-01-2013 01:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  People here seem to read up so much to debate. I'm not much of a debater.

But I think that's one of the big draws of this place. People are so intelligent and knowledgeable and you learn so much more by being surrounded by people who share the same thoughts as you on a subject. (Besides, I only know two real atheists in person, one lives in Australia and one is my sister, so it gets awfully lonely. lol)
Oh we're all master debaters Big Grin Sometimes I debate so hard I have to go lie down Tongue

Srsly only two ? How many do I know ? Hmmm... my bro, one close friend... eish Weeping
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
I lie, at least 3 friends and several acquaintances. Haha, so I win Smile
12-01-2013, 01:35 PM
(12-01-2013 01:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 01:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  People here seem to read up so much to debate. I'm not much of a debater.

Oh we're all master debaters Big Grin Sometimes I debate so hard I have to go lie down Tongue

Srsly only two ? How many do I know ? Hmmm... my bro, one close friend... eish Weeping
If you're that tired after using your master debator skills you obviously aren't getting enough practice Wink

But yeah. My family is religious (not christians however) and EVERYONE else is sky father butt kisser. It's sad really.

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-01-2013, 01:46 PM
(12-01-2013 01:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 12:29 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It often happens that I have a meditation scheduled on that day, so afterwards when replying to an interesting post I'm well-connected to the wisdom of the universe Smile What of it gets through my imperfect brain, seems to be well-appreciated. It took several years to get to that proficiency, though. Plus a school course of all ten fingers writing Big Grin

I'm on the same boat. People here seem to read up so much to debate. I'm not much of a debater. If someone is genuinely interested in what I have to say then I'm always up for a discussion. And in my family full of non-christians who aren't terribly fond of christians the conversations can become quite lively (my last poor boyfriend was christian, i always felt bad for him when we visited my family lol)

My husband is atheist, my kids -- I guess are (one for sure -- the other one has no understanding of religion). But we don't discuss religion in our home. We don't discuss much around here. No political discussions and never debate. We all kinda share similar views.

That's why I like coming here and I enjoy learning and sharing knowledge. I also like discussions about nothing too.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-01-2013, 01:51 PM
(12-01-2013 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I also like discussions about nothing too.

Those are Girly's favorite. Big Grin

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-01-2013, 01:55 PM
(12-01-2013 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I also like discussions about nothing too.
Theology section is for you Laughat
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-01-2013, 02:06 PM
(12-01-2013 01:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm on the same boat. People here seem to read up so much to debate. I'm not much of a debater. If someone is genuinely interested in what I have to say then I'm always up for a discussion. And in my family full of non-christians who aren't terribly fond of christians the conversations can become quite lively (my last poor boyfriend was christian, i always felt bad for him when we visited my family lol)

I'm with you on the whole debating thing. I like discussions and exchanges of ideas but have never felt the need to convince the other party I'm right (and they're wrong). Don't much care for people trying to influence the way I think, so I don't do it to them either. Plus, I'm secure enough in my opinions, likes and dislikes to try to force them on others, through whatever means.

Which is why while I do have atheist friends, I do not feel the need to talk about it with them. Atheism is a part of who I am, not something I need to discuss on a everyday basis.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post