How To Stay Young

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2009, 03:41 AM

How To Stay Young
Hi everyone,

First by reading the title you may laugh. By posting this thread I want to say the ways to live long.

1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)

3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things

5. Laugh often, long and loud: Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with her/him!

6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with you your entire life, is yourself. LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the shops, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love, that you love them - at every opportunity.
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2014, 03:15 AM
RE: How To Stay Young
Angel

I mean... since we're necro'ing threads and all..... might as well do it the best I can.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Charis's post
20-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Eat SOULS!

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-06-2014, 05:53 AM
(20-06-2014 03:15 AM)Charis Wrote:  Angel

I mean... since we're necro'ing threads and all..... might as well do it the best I can.

I'm confused. Is this how we stay young? Necroing threads is something even I can do!
20-06-2014, 05:55 AM
(03-11-2009 03:41 AM)embertin Wrote:  Hi everyone,

First by reading the title you may laugh. By posting this thread I want to say the ways to live long.

1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

5. Laugh often, long and loud: Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with her/him!

6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with you your entire life, is yourself. LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the shops, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

I fail to see how any of that slows the biological aging process. Drinking Beverage

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
20-06-2014, 06:14 AM
This thread should be renamed as 'how to stay mentally and physically healthy'.
And if you want to stay young, quit smoking and eat fruit Big Grin

All great truths begin as blasphemy - George Bernard Shaw
20-06-2014, 06:18 AM
(03-11-2009 03:41 AM)embertin Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm not sure most of these will help one live longer but it's all excellent advise. It might not help but it certainly can't hurt.