How White Nationalism Was Reinvigorated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: How White Nationalism Was Reinvigorated
(19-10-2017 03:35 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 02:53 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  To me however word "propaganda" implies dishonesty.

Maybe its because the definition of propaganda in french is broader, but propaganda isn't as much dishonest as it is manipulative. The difference may seem pendantic, but to me its still an important distinction. Propaganda, at least the best one, isn't false or deceptive at face value. Its in the framing and contextualisation of the information that it reveal its strength and capacity to modulate beliefs and even, behaviors. It uses rethorical effects, facts and image to push people to draw an inevitable conclusion from it.

Indeed. Propaganda without any shred of truth would not be very effective, or at least less effective. It is often said that the most believable lies contain an element of truth to give them a veneer of verisimilitude, and that is certainly true with propaganda. But that truth is slanted to lead the masses to a desirable and predetermined conclusion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
19-10-2017, 04:01 PM
(19-10-2017 03:38 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Sorry, still not reading.
Good for you, doesn't change that you're demonstrably wrong and a coward. Now I don't know what it's like where you live but where I live a person who's willing to dish criticism out but can't take it when he's criticised back is known as a little bitch.

(19-10-2017 02:11 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  You misinterpreted Rachel's point, and went down a rabbit hole of your own making. Everything else after that is just sound and fury signifying nothing.
You keep asserting that but every time I ask you to demonstrate it you suddenly have nothing to say. You can hold whatever position you want about me, even if it is demonstrably fucking idiotic, but at the end of the day, I'm the one who defended my position and you're the one that felt acting like a cunt was a good enough defence.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
19-10-2017, 04:59 PM
(19-10-2017 01:56 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 01:49 PM)epronovost Wrote:  When did I said they were duped? I said they were convinced (or saw their views reinforced) by propagandist, not duped. There's a difference between the two.

Oh ok so anything that is not your view is propaganda?

Now yer giddenit!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Whiskey I hope you don't think you wasted your time in this thread (though, fuck it, you did). Ad Hominem is a shit tactic no matter who uses it and in what cause. Your replies to it (and a lot of efforts to defend it; just because you agree with the cause doesn't mean you should defend insults and insinuations) are a breath of fresh air.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
20-10-2017, 01:43 AM
(19-10-2017 02:53 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 02:48 PM)Emma Wrote:  Ah, you're right- I stand corrected. I had thought it was necessarily meant to mislead- more just information put out without support (could be true, but might not be) for political purposes.

No need for "standing corrected. It's one definition among many.

To me however word "propaganda" implies dishonesty.

I agree, that is how it is colloquially and most commonly used. However a sign in a park asking you to pick up after your dog does fit the technical definition of propaganda. It's just that when most people think of propaganda, they're usually referring to big 'P' Propaganda, as in works by governments used to deceptively reinforce a point of view (i.e. Triumph of the Will).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-10-2017, 09:08 AM
(19-10-2017 04:01 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 03:38 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Sorry, still not reading.
Good for you, doesn't change that you're demonstrably wrong and a coward. Now I don't know what it's like where you live but where I live a person who's willing to dish criticism out but can't take it when he's criticised back is known as a little bitch.

(19-10-2017 02:11 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  You misinterpreted Rachel's point, and went down a rabbit hole of your own making. Everything else after that is just sound and fury signifying nothing.
You keep asserting that but every time I ask you to demonstrate it you suddenly have nothing to say. You can hold whatever position you want about me, even if it is demonstrably fucking idiotic, but at the end of the day, I'm the one who defended my position and you're the one that felt acting like a cunt was a good enough defence.

You like to swear a lot, huh? Kinda detracts from any point you might be trying to make. Impotence often leads to frustration and anger.

I think your a hyper-aggressive online bully who hasn't got the first clue about anything, since you couldn't even correctly parse the first post you responded to.

I've responded to your request for WHAT you misinterpreted. The fact that you chose to disagree doesn't alter the existence of that response. That's why I ignored all you other garbage, well, that and the fact that it was stupidly long and overly abrasive.
20-10-2017, 09:21 AM
(19-10-2017 06:17 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Whiskey I hope you don't think you wasted your time in this thread (though, fuck it, you did). Ad Hominem is a shit tactic no matter who uses it and in what cause. Your replies to it (and a lot of efforts to defend it; just because you agree with the cause doesn't mean you should defend insults and insinuations) are a breath of fresh air.

LOL Think you forgot your sarcasm font, dude.
20-10-2017, 05:30 PM
(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  You like to swear a lot, huh?
Sure do, but before you try and play that card keep in mind it was YOU who decided to start our first interaction by swearing at me so maybe keep your hypocrisy in check.

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Kinda detracts from any point you might be trying to make.
[Image: ksbp.gif]
There's an argument you could make if you weren't stupid enough to repeatedly made a point of telling me you don't even bother to read my posts let alone try and understand them. Could you be anymore dishonest?

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Impotence often leads to frustration and anger.
He said, while being the one who couldn't find his balls long enough to counter a single argument his opponent made or demonstrate his own assertions.Drinking Beverage

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I think your a hyper-aggressive online bully

Another great example of your fucked up moral compass, you start our conversation with hostility by calling me an asshole, I call you an asshole back and defend my position and you...just act like a belligerent cunt and make ZERO attempt to support your position or assertions and I'M some how the bad guy? And you think you have the moral standing to label me a bully? Seriously?

You would be hilarious if you weren't so transparently dishonest. "You're a bully, who likes to swear! Oh and also you have a limp dick and are an asshole." Derpy assed child.

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  who hasn't got the first clue about anything, since you couldn't even correctly parse the first post you responded to.
An assertion you keep repeating over and over and over and over yet never actually providing a single thing close to a demonstration of that assertion over and over and over and over.

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I've responded to your request for WHAT you misinterpreted.
Except, you dishonest cunt, I didn't ask for what you thought I was misinterpreting, I already know that and have since the start, I asked you to actually provide support for your fucking assertion that I am misinterpreting something. Which you and Rachel have both failed wildly and hilariously to do, to the point of actively refusing to do so.

I don't care about your assertions one bit. I've defended my position repeatedly against people who can't and won't point how how I'm wrong or or even defend their own position. This doesn't fly with me in the Atheism and Theism section when fundies do it and it doesn't fly with me here when intentionally dishonest people like you do it. Either prove it or shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  That's why I ignored all you other garbage, well, that and the fact that it was stupidly long...
Wooooooooowwww........books that don't come with pencil crayons packaged inside must be really daunting for you if a post that took me less than 6 minutes to write is too long for you. Why its almost like taking the time and effort to explain, substantiate, demonstrate and support an argument when it's challenged requires more words than "naw bruh, too long, didn't read lololol".

My posts were ignored by you because as you have demonstrated repeatedly you can't support your own argument, can't debunk mine, have nothing to offer but unsupported assertions, and are too cowardly and dishonest to make the attempt so you stick your fingers in your ears stomp your feet and yell "I'm not listening I'm not listening! Lalalalala, I'M NOT FUCKING LISTENING!!!".

All the effort you have put into being a cunt in multiple posts could have been spent in a single post just simply demonstrating your assertion. But that requires effort far far too much for you apparently. You can be an asshole to me, but you best do something more than that if you want me to take you seriously. I at least defended my position., what the fuck did you do? Nothing.

(20-10-2017 09:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  and overly abrasive.
Who started our conversation by being hostile and abrasive to the other OH RIGHT it was you. Sorry if my kitchen is too hot for you to handle. I'm abrasive. You're abrasive. I support and explain my position. You......don't. Like....at all. In fact you seem generally pleased with your self for your refusal to defend your position in the slightest like it's a thing worth merit. Which makes you the cunt and not me.

You walked up and took a swing at me, I took a swing back, and now you wanna pretend like I'm a mugger and you're a pacifist. Fuck off Stefan, and take your unearned and fake moral outrage with you.
[Image: tumblr_llcuj3vt5n1qagjn7o1_500.gif]

20-10-2017, 05:36 PM
(20-10-2017 09:21 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 06:17 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Whiskey I hope you don't think you wasted your time in this thread (though, fuck it, you did). Ad Hominem is a shit tactic no matter who uses it and in what cause. Your replies to it (and a lot of efforts to defend it; just because you agree with the cause doesn't mean you should defend insults and insinuations) are a breath of fresh air.

Or maybe, like me, he's not a fan of people who defend implications of values consisting of child rape as a debate tactic, lying, and little wee bitches who can't handle criticism thrown their way directly after doing it themselves? Maybe he'd rather side with the person repeatedly demonstrating his position and not the people shoving their fingers in their ears and their heads up there asses.

Couldn't possibly be that could it you dishonest prick?

20-10-2017, 05:47 PM
(20-10-2017 09:21 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  

No, it's a sincere and I think reasonable opinion.