How/Why did Islam get founded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: How/Why did Islam get founded?
(25-03-2016 12:51 PM)Ned777 Wrote:  As a Muslim by affiliation, i think what's in this page should help, it's pretty correct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad%2...ws_on_Jews

Welcome to the forum, but I'm afraid that this particular thread has long since died.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 04:07 PM
(04-04-2012 04:24 PM)Crusher Wrote:  It's a complicated question with a difficult answer but what I mean is: Did Islam get founded because either Christianity or Judaism was increasing in popularity over the world but the people representing those religions realized the arabic world had nothing in common with either religions so they started to make an arabic version of it, namely Islam. Because teaching people about a religion they have nothing in common with is not good for business.
So basically the question is, was that the case, am I completely wrong about it or is there no definitive answer?

Also, hi, I'm new.

It got started for the same reason all religions get started, someone is mentally ill or deluded, they want attention and take surrounding and or prior motifs from what they see, incorporate stuff they like, demonize the things they don't to attract new customers. Marketing.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-03-2016, 04:12 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Islam

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-03-2016, 04:19 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Antiquity

25-03-2016, 04:26 PM
(05-04-2012 10:07 AM)Blood Wrote:  Mohammed and the boys figured out that the whole "single god + prophet = salvation and truth" concept would work great if it was written in Arabic with an Arab prophet rather than a Jewish or Gentile one. Pretty much the same thing that the early Christians figured out -- why be subservient to Jews and Judaism, when we can just steal their religion and make it our own under a new name? Thus the Jewish prophets and patriarchs magically transformed into Christian and Muslim saints. Specifically Jewish monotheism magically became "Abrahamic religion." Such wholesale theft was justified by pointing to the Prophetic books and saying, look at how badly these Jews disobeyed God. We won't disobey him, therefore we are the real Chosen Ones.

Shame they didn't have copyright laws in those days. It would have spared the world all of this retarded nonsense.

Copyright laws have very little bearing on religionists. Ellen G White the Seventh-Day-Adventist prophet has been proven to have plagerised a very high percentage of her writings, and Joseph Smith worked in a print shop, a guy brought in a manuscript of a novel. Joe stole it and pretended an Angel called Macaroni gave it to him with a few magic rocks etc.. Mary Baker Eddy of Christian SCience also had sever problems with plagiarism.
25-03-2016, 04:26 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic%E2..._relations

25-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Jewish, Christianity and Islam are all religions based around the Character of Abraham, so Islam simply got started for the same reason Christianity got started, delusion, the masses trying to make sense of the world, tribalism, and wanting a hero to come to save them in that time. But even the Jewish religion is based on prior Canaanite Polytheism. Baal and Yahweh were lesser gods in a "divine family".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Ca...e_religion

25-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Because we appear to have missed it: this thread has long since died. You are all responding to members who are no longer active.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-03-2016, 06:59 AM
(25-03-2016 04:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Because we appear to have missed it: this thread has long since died. You are all responding to members who are no longer active.

It's a damn good thread that doesn't deserve to die.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
05-04-2016, 07:09 AM
(04-04-2012 04:24 PM)Crusher Wrote:  It's a complicated question with a difficult answer but what I mean is: Did Islam get founded because either Christianity or Judaism was increasing in popularity over the world but the people representing those religions realized the arabic world had nothing in common with either religions so they started to make an arabic version of it, namely Islam. Because teaching people about a religion they have nothing in common with is not good for business.
So basically the question is, was that the case, am I completely wrong about it or is there no definitive answer?

Also, hi, I'm new.

It could be as simple as someone with power back in those days said "What do you mean I can sleep with 8 year olds anymore?". Then he started islam.