Poll: How will the Trump Presidency end?
He finishes his first term and loses his re-election bid
He finishes his term but doesn't seek reelection (or another Repub wins primary nomination)
He wins reelection and is president for 8 years
He is impeached
He resigns
He dies in office (I'll leave it vague here. This could mean he dies of unnatural causes or is killed in office)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 10:53 AM
How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)
How do you think the Trump presidency will end? I'll list as many options as I think are realistic and if you don't see one you agree with, comment on what you think will happen.

I think the most likely option is that he will resign. I think it will go something like this:
1) He makes up some excuse as to why his presidency is floundering and it won't be his fault. Maybe he makes up a health excuse or blames the Democrats or a witch-hunt or whatever
2) He resigns so as to save face with his supporters and Republicans specifically. He will, in a sense, be a hero to the conservatives if he does this because it will mean he placed Pence in the presidency
3) He will try to remain in the spotlight in some way. Maybe he starts that "News" service he was rumored to be interested in doing if he lost the election

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-08-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)
In tears, it'll all end in tears, man.

Actually, tears and oil.

And then the oil will end and...

[Image: 775185.png]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
30-08-2017, 11:07 AM
He will be re-elected.
I hope not but I'm not hopeful.
I see the Republicans gaining seats and any investigations just become irrelevant.
There will be no way to impeach him. The numbers won't be there.
Accomplishing nothing doesn't matter because most people that voted for him actually voted against Hillary and they call Donald Trump sitting in the white house doing nothing a victory. And because he is doing exactly what the wealthy and corporations want him to do so they will support him. Any acts of PR by CEO's in response to his nonsense is nothing more than PR. It's all about money. They don't care about racism or abortion or guns or anything else. They just want to make each other rich.
And the Democrats will run another flawed candidate.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 11:08 AM
(30-08-2017 11:07 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  He will be re-elected.
I see the Republicans gaining seats and any investigations just become irrelevant.
Accomplishing nothing doesn't matter because most people that voted for him actually voted against Hillary and they call Donald Trump sitting in the white house doing nothing a victory. And because he is doing exactly what the wealthy and corporations want him to do so they will support him. Any acts of PR by CEO's in response to his nonsense is nothing more than PR. It's all about money. They don't care about racism or abortion or guns or anything else they just want to make each other rich.

He won't be reelected unless he can get that approval rating up dramatically. He already lost the popular vote once.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
30-08-2017, 11:12 AM
(30-08-2017 11:08 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:07 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  He will be re-elected.
Accomplishing nothing doesn't matter because most people that voted for him actually voted against Hillary and they call Donald Trump sitting in the white house doing nothing a victory. And because he is doing exactly what the wealthy and corporations want him to do so they will support him. Any acts of PR by CEO's in response to his nonsense is nothing more than PR. It's all about money. They don't care about racism or abortion or guns or anything else they just want to make each other rich.

He won't be reelected unless he can get that approval rating up dramatically. He already lost the popular vote once.

Ah yes.
Just like the polls that were predicting Hillary would win.
It's bullshit.
Watch his rallies. He's drawing as many people as he was before the election.
The same groundswell is in place and it hasn't changed one bit.

30-08-2017, 11:15 AM
(30-08-2017 11:12 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:08 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He won't be reelected unless he can get that approval rating up dramatically. He already lost the popular vote once.

Ah yes.
It's bullshit.

The polls correctly predicted who had more support, but the electoral college system and how votes end up being distributed shifted the election to Trump.

Trump has a universally poor approval rating and a universally high disapproval rating.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
30-08-2017, 11:18 AM
(30-08-2017 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:12 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Ah yes.
It's bullshit.

The polls correctly predicted who had more support, but the electoral college system and how votes end up being distributed shifted the election to Trump.

Trump has a universally poor approval rating and a universally high disapproval rating.

Ah I see.
Well that changes everything.
Great we're saved!

30-08-2017, 11:22 AM
(30-08-2017 11:18 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The polls correctly predicted who had more support, but the electoral college system and how votes end up being distributed shifted the election to Trump.

Ah I see.
Great we're saved!

Location, location, location. Elections here are not about the number of votes but all about the location of said votes.

I say he goes to jail for huge financial crimes - at least. Could even be some treason in there.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
30-08-2017, 11:31 AM
(30-08-2017 11:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:18 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Ah I see.
Great we're saved!

Location, location, location. Elections here are not about the number of votes but all about the location of said votes.

I say he goes to jail for huge financial crimes - at least. Could even be some treason in there.

That would be cool.
Especially after the huge and completely transparent crimes committed by the huge banks in the 2008 "crisis" where not a single person ever even saw a court room.
Or Libor, or the HSBC money laundering case.
It would be magnificent if the justice system started to actually prosecute rich people for financial crimes. Usually they only prosecute rich people who steal from other rich people like Bernie Madoff.

30-08-2017, 11:42 AM
(30-08-2017 11:31 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  Location, location, location. Elections here are not about the number of votes but all about the location of said votes.

That would be cool.
Especially after the huge and completely transparent crimes committed by the huge banks in the 2008 "crisis" where not a single person ever even saw a court room.
Or Libor, or the HSBC money laundering case.
It would be magnificent if the justice system started to actually prosecute rich people for financial crimes. Usually they only prosecute rich people who steal from other rich people like Bernie Madoff.

Trump leaves a lot of pissed off people in his path and has for a long time. I don't think he can find support should he turn out to be guilty. And I bet he is.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post