Poll: How will the Trump Presidency end?
He finishes his first term and loses his re-election bid
He finishes his term but doesn't seek reelection (or another Repub wins primary nomination)
He wins reelection and is president for 8 years
He is impeached
He resigns
He dies in office (I'll leave it vague here. This could mean he dies of unnatural causes or is killed in office)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)
He will be re-elected in 2020 despite all odds and rumors to the opposite following a string of foreign and domestic crisis that will solidify momentarily the population behind an established leader with a manichean rethoric and a strong position on ''Law and Order''.

The foreign Crisis will probably involved North Korea Nuclear and ballistic arsenal and the aftermath of ISIS defeat in Syria.

The domestic crisis will probably involved the rising national debt and structural problems linked to healthcare reforms.

People will seek stability over innovative and problem solving politics as they do most of the time in time of Crisis, but they will remain very unhappy of Trump politics and position.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2017, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 12:17 PM by BikerDude.)
(30-08-2017 11:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump leaves a lot of pissed off people in his path and has for a long time. I don't think he can find support should he turn out to be guilty. And I bet he is.

And yet he beat the "presumptive candidate" Hillary.
The thing I wonder is would anyone have lost to Hillary?
Did Trump have some magic mojo that actually convinced people to vote for him or was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?
I mean Trump made 5 or more total screw ups per week that would generally sink any candidate's chances at a win. And yet...
Did he have magic underpants or has the label of Democrat in a national election become like the label of Yugo on a car?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 11:49 AM
(30-08-2017 11:46 AM)epronovost Wrote:  He will be re-elected in 2020 despite all odds and rumors to the opposite following a string of foreign and domestic crisis that will solidify momentarily the population behind an established leader with a manichean rethoric and a strong position on ''Law and Order''.

The foreign Crisis will probably involved North Korea Nuclear and ballistic arsenal and the aftermath of ISIS defeat in Syria.

The domestic crisis will probably involved the rising national debt and structural problems linked to healthcare reforms.

People will seek stability over innovative and problem solving politics as they do most of the time in time of Crisis, but they will remain very unhappy of Trump politics and position.

Oh my dog, Trump for life... that's cruel and unusual punishment!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2017, 11:53 AM
(with apologies to T.S. Elliot)

This is the way his term ends
This is the way "The Don" ends
This is the way the crap ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

One thing for certain: whether he is "forced to" resign, or gets replaced in the next primary, or whatever - it will be someone else's fault. And he will rant and wail and point fingers in all directions at the numerous groups who conspired to see that he failed, when all he wanted to do was Make America Great Again. And his base will scream and have rallies and destroy stuff.
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
30-08-2017, 12:01 PM
(30-08-2017 11:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump leaves a lot of pissed off people in his path and has for a long time. I don't think he can find support should he turn out to be guilty. And I bet he is.

And yet he beat the "presumptive candidate" Hillary.
Did Trump have some magic mojo that actually convinced people to vote for him or was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?

News flash: a majority (albeit a small majority) of voters voted for Hillary Clinton, despite all her flaws. Trump won on a technicality. Anyone without Clinton's baggage would probably have beaten him easily.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-08-2017, 12:04 PM
(30-08-2017 11:53 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  (with apologies to T.S. Elliot)

This is the way his term ends
This is the way "The Don" ends
This is the way the crap ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

One thing for certain: whether he is "forced to" resign, or gets replaced in the next primary, or whatever - it will be someone else's fault. And he will rant and wail and point fingers in all directions at the numerous groups who conspired to see that he failed, when all he wanted to do was Make America Great Again. And his base will scream and have rallies and destroy stuff.

Good quote!
Big Eliot fan here.

Of course in these times Yates more comes to mind.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
30-08-2017, 12:29 PM
(30-08-2017 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:12 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Ah yes.
Just like the polls that were predicting Hillary would win.
It's bullshit.
Watch his rallies. He's drawing as many people as he was before the election.
The same groundswell is in place and it hasn't changed one bit.

The polls correctly predicted who had more support, but the electoral college system and how votes end up being distributed shifted the election to Trump.

Trump has a universally poor approval rating and a universally high disapproval rating.

From what I read, the polls were no less accurate this time around, and in fact pointed to a fair chance of Trump winning the electoral college. Problem is, too many people did not listen to people like Nate Silver who correctly focused on state-by-state polls and instead paid attention to the national polls. All the way up to the election, Silver was telling his readers that Trump had a chance to win the election. But nobody on the left believed him--it was kind of like how Romney thought he was winning and his supporters all believed the polls were wrong. The polls were not wrong in either election--the losing side just chose to believe what they wanted to see.
30-08-2017, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 01:03 PM by BikerDude.)
(30-08-2017 12:29 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The polls correctly predicted who had more support, but the electoral college system and how votes end up being distributed shifted the election to Trump.

Trump has a universally poor approval rating and a universally high disapproval rating.

From what I read, the polls were no less accurate this time around, and in fact pointed to a fair chance of Trump winning the electoral college. Problem is, too many people did not listen to people like Nate Silver who correctly focused on state-by-state polls and instead paid attention to the national polls. All the way up to the election, Silver was telling his readers that Trump had a chance to win the election. But nobody on the left believed him--it was kind of like how Romney thought he was winning and his supporters all believed the polls were wrong. The polls were not wrong in either election--the losing side just chose to believe what they wanted to see.

Yeah I guess.
There's been a lot of post election "analysis" of it.
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-hil...ong-2017-5

Perhaps the polls don't matter is more correct?
Taking into account the disdain that most people have for politics in general does a disapproval rating mean as much on it's own?
I mean it's entirely possible that you could take a poll of people on Trump and have them express disapproval and turn around and vote for him because they believe the other candidate is lower than whale shit.
I actually think that happened.

30-08-2017, 12:56 PM
(30-08-2017 12:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  And yet he beat the "presumptive candidate" Hillary.

News flash: a majority (albeit a small majority) of voters voted for Hillary Clinton, despite all her flaws. Trump won on a technicality. Anyone without Clinton's baggage would probably have beaten him easily.

And yet 12 percent of Bernie supporters actually were soooooo despondent over Clinton getting the nomination they jumped ship and voted for trump.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545812242/...rvey-finds

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-08-2017, 12:57 PM
It did... and there's the flaws of 2004 in if the democratic party just picks someone that supports the actions that people dislike most of the president.

Maybe they'll just choose some celebrity who "tells it like it is" but as a liberal and think the counter is to match him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson