Poll: How will the Trump Presidency end?
He finishes his first term and loses his re-election bid
He finishes his term but doesn't seek reelection (or another Repub wins primary nomination)
He wins reelection and is president for 8 years
He is impeached
He resigns
He dies in office (I'll leave it vague here. This could mean he dies of unnatural causes or is killed in office)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)
Trump's future in the White House will be directly tied to economic fortunes. No matter how much of a douche he is, if the economy remains strong he will win reelection. If it doesn't, he won't. It's been that way since the end of WW2.

People vote with their wallets not their hearts. So, it all depends on the economy.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2017, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 01:08 PM by BikerDude.)
(30-08-2017 12:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  And yet he beat the "presumptive candidate" Hillary.
The thing I wonder is would anyone have lost to Hillary?
Did Trump have some magic mojo that actually convinced people to vote for him or was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?

News flash: a majority (albeit a small majority) of voters voted for Hillary Clinton, despite all her flaws. Trump won on a technicality. Anyone without Clinton's baggage would probably have beaten him easily.

Reminds me of all of those fabled Christians who we are supposed to consider when we criticizing religion who NEED to cling to it in order to make their lives bearable.
It just defies belief that this is still being trotted around.
The term "put that in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster" comes to mind.
I do hope that a candidate with less baggage can win.
Although at this point I would say that being a Democrat IS baggage. Outside of the strongholds of course.
While I really can't say that about being a Republican. Being Trump is baggage for sure.
But I think that the pubs have maintained a small amount of crossover appeal.
While the Dems line is cut in stone.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Surely a lot of this depends on if the Dems come up with somebody fresh and interesting. Trump has shown you can come from left field (right field?), maybe Mark Cuban will run as a fiscally conservative pragmatic liberal. Or maybe there is some charismatic Dem senator or governor out there laying low as not to get too much early exposure. I forget the names but I think some possibilities have come up on other threads. I'm on the poll as "one full term, won't bother running for reelection."
30-08-2017, 01:05 PM
I can't bring myself to vote on how I think it will end, cause it's too different from how I WISH it would end.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
30-08-2017, 01:09 PM
(30-08-2017 01:02 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 12:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  News flash: a majority (albeit a small majority) of voters voted for Hillary Clinton, despite all her flaws. Trump won on a technicality. Anyone without Clinton's baggage would probably have beaten him easily.

Reminds me of all of those fabled Christians who we are supposed to consider when we criticizing religion who NEED to cling to it in order to make their lives bearable.
The term "put that in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster" comes to mind.
Although at this point I would say that being a Democrat IS baggage.

You misunderstand me. I am not complaining about Clinton getting robbed or any such thing. If you look at my posting history, you would see that I have actually defended the electoral college in this forum.

I was merely responding to your claim that a majority of the nation voted against Clinton. This is a blatantly false claim. A large percentage of eligible voters didn't bother to vote at all, and we have no way of knowing which way they would have voted. Of those who did vote, a majority voted for Clinton. Your claim is simply false, and I was merely pointing that out.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-08-2017, 01:24 PM
(30-08-2017 01:02 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 12:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  News flash: a majority (albeit a small majority) of voters voted for Hillary Clinton, despite all her flaws. Trump won on a technicality. Anyone without Clinton's baggage would probably have beaten him easily.

Although at this point I would say that being a Democrat IS baggage. Outside of the strongholds of course.
While I really can't say that about being a Republican. Being Trump is baggage for sure.
But I think that the pubs have maintained a small amount of crossover appeal.
While the Dems line is cut in stone.

(30-08-2017 01:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 01:02 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Reminds me of all of those fabled Christians who we are supposed to consider when we criticizing religion who NEED to cling to it in order to make their lives bearable.
Although at this point I would say that being a Democrat IS baggage.

You misunderstand me. I am not complaining about Clinton getting robbed or any such thing. If you look at my posting history, you would see that I have actually defended the electoral college in this forum.

I was merely responding to your claim that a majority of the nation voted against Clinton. This is a blatantly false claim. A large percentage of eligible voters didn't bother to vote at all, and we have no way of knowing which way they would have voted. Of those who did vote, a majority voted for Clinton. Your claim is simply false, and I was merely pointing that out.

Well I do stand by that.
It depends on how you mean the "majority" of the nation.
Clinton got more votes but it was largely because she won certain states with huge populations by a large margin.
But Trump won more states and thereby more electoral votes. Which is in fact all that matters unless they plan on changing the electoral college.
And the fact that a large number of voters didn't vote is nothing more than disdain of both candidates to a certain extent. And one would have to suppose that a lightning rod candidate like Trump would drive independents toward the Dems.
If there are a substantial number of states that Dems simply cannot possibly make inroads into no matter who they run or who the right runs it's a very very bad omen.
After all on paper Trump should be a tough sell in most of the south. And yet he won by a landslide in most of those places.

30-08-2017, 01:24 PM
(30-08-2017 12:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It did... and there's the flaws of 2004 in if the democratic party just picks someone that supports the actions that people dislike most of the president.

Maybe they'll just choose some celebrity who "tells it like it is" but as a liberal and think the counter is to match him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Could happen if you Dems nominate her....
President Oprah Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
30-08-2017, 01:28 PM
(30-08-2017 01:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 12:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It did... and there's the flaws of 2004 in if the democratic party just picks someone that supports the actions that people dislike most of the president.

Maybe they'll just choose some celebrity who "tells it like it is" but as a liberal and think the counter is to match him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Could happen if you Dems nominate her....
President Oprah Big Grin

Oh fuck!
I'll vote for Trump and you have no idea how unprecedented that would be.
(Disclaimer: My family has been involved in the Democratic party for years. On a state and national level)

30-08-2017, 01:33 PM
That all depends..

Are the dumbassed going to nominate Hillary again??

Bwaaahahahahaha!

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-08-2017, 01:39 PM
I think Oprah may well win against Trump. Recognition, controversy, big mouth and unprecedented.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man