Poll: How will the Trump Presidency end?
He finishes his first term and loses his re-election bid
He finishes his term but doesn't seek reelection (or another Repub wins primary nomination)
He wins reelection and is president for 8 years
He is impeached
He resigns
He dies in office (I'll leave it vague here. This could mean he dies of unnatural causes or is killed in office)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: How Will the Trump Presidency end? (POLL)
(30-08-2017 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think Oprah may well win against Trump. Recognition, controversy, big mouth and unprecedented.

No doubt.

Hell, the corner fence post could win against Trump.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2017, 01:45 PM
(30-08-2017 01:24 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 01:02 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Reminds me of all of those fabled Christians who we are supposed to consider when we criticizing religion who NEED to cling to it in order to make their lives bearable.
It just defies belief that this is still being trotted around.
The term "put that in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster" comes to mind.
I do hope that a candidate with less baggage can win.
Although at this point I would say that being a Democrat IS baggage. Outside of the strongholds of course.
While I really can't say that about being a Republican. Being Trump is baggage for sure.
But I think that the pubs have maintained a small amount of crossover appeal.
While the Dems line is cut in stone.

(30-08-2017 01:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You misunderstand me. I am not complaining about Clinton getting robbed or any such thing. If you look at my posting history, you would see that I have actually defended the electoral college in this forum.

I was merely responding to your claim that a majority of the nation voted against Clinton. This is a blatantly false claim. A large percentage of eligible voters didn't bother to vote at all, and we have no way of knowing which way they would have voted. Of those who did vote, a majority voted for Clinton. Your claim is simply false, and I was merely pointing that out.

Well I do stand by that.
It depends on how you mean the "majority" of the nation.
Clinton got more votes but it was largely because she won certain states with huge populations by a large margin.
But Trump won more states and thereby more electoral votes. Which is in fact all that matters unless they plan on changing the electoral college.
And the fact that a large number of voters didn't vote is nothing more than disdain of both candidates to a certain extent. And one would have to suppose that a lightning rod candidate like Trump would drive independents toward the Dems.
If there are a substantial number of states that Dems simply cannot possibly make inroads into no matter who they run or who the right runs it's a very very bad omen.
After all on paper Trump should be a tough sell in most of the south. And yet he won by a landslide in most of those places.

This is nothing but a bunch of red herrings. You said "... was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?" Note that the electoral college (your post hoc interpretation of "the nation") wasn't "going to vote" any way except the way the voters of their respective states told them to. The only entities who could have had a pre-election intention to vote one way or the other were the individual voters -- and the majority of them voted for Clinton.

When I make an incorrect statement and someone points it out, I concede. I don't try to weasel out of it and pretend I said something else. In your initial statement, "the nation" could only have referred to the individual voters, and the majority of them did not vote against Clinton. Own your statements. You can't change them after the fact.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
30-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Actually I think a Black or Latino candidate might be their best hope.
In a lot of states they won't get the majority of the white vote no matter what so that's more or less a lost cause.
But they could get huge percentages of the black vote just by having another black candidate.
In the south that could win some of the battle grounds.
But I can't even contemplate a president Oprah.
I'll take president Larry the Cable Guy over that.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 01:52 PM
(30-08-2017 01:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This is nothing but a bunch of red herrings. You said "... was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?" Note that the electoral college (your post hoc interpretation of "the nation") wasn't "going to vote" any way except the way the voters of their respective states told them to. The only entities who could have had a pre-election intention to vote one way or the other were the individual voters -- and the majority of them voted for Clinton.

When I make an incorrect statement and someone points it out, I concede. I don't try to weasel out of it and pretend I said something else. In your initial statement, "the nation" could only have referred to the individual voters, and the majority of them did not vote against Clinton. Own your statements. You can't change them after the fact.

Now you're just being childish, Grasshopper Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-08-2017, 01:57 PM
(30-08-2017 01:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 01:24 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Well I do stand by that.
It depends on how you mean the "majority" of the nation.
Clinton got more votes but it was largely because she won certain states with huge populations by a large margin.
But Trump won more states and thereby more electoral votes. Which is in fact all that matters unless they plan on changing the electoral college.
And the fact that a large number of voters didn't vote is nothing more than disdain of both candidates to a certain extent. And one would have to suppose that a lightning rod candidate like Trump would drive independents toward the Dems.
If there are a substantial number of states that Dems simply cannot possibly make inroads into no matter who they run or who the right runs it's a very very bad omen.
After all on paper Trump should be a tough sell in most of the south. And yet he won by a landslide in most of those places.

This is nothing but a bunch of red herrings. You said "... was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?" Note that the electoral college (your post hoc interpretation of "the nation") wasn't "going to vote" any way except the way the voters of their respective states told them to. The only entities who could have had a pre-election intention to vote one way or the other were the individual voters -- and the majority of them voted for Clinton.

No by most of the nation I didn't mean individual voters.
I know that in California, NY etc the dems are strong.

I wouldn't be talking about the national popular vote. We just had an illustration in real numbers that that is not the case. By most of the nation I did mean in most of the nation as in outside of democratic strongholds which don't constitute most of the nation.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Puppet is getting huuuuger by the day. I could see him having a stroke or sudden cardiac event. I also wouldn't put it past Miller or another right wing nut to poison him, or for a left wing nut to try a more conventional assassination. Or for Putin to order a hit, if puppet gets out of line.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
30-08-2017, 02:13 PM
(30-08-2017 01:57 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 01:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This is nothing but a bunch of red herrings. You said "... was a majority of the nation going to vote against Hillary (and the democrats period) no matter who the alternative was?" Note that the electoral college (your post hoc interpretation of "the nation") wasn't "going to vote" any way except the way the voters of their respective states told them to. The only entities who could have had a pre-election intention to vote one way or the other were the individual voters -- and the majority of them voted for Clinton.

No by most of the nation I didn't mean individual voters.
I know that in California, NY etc the dems are strong.

I wouldn't be talking about the national popular vote. We just had an illustration in real numbers that that is not the case. By most of the nation I did mean in most of the nation as in outside of democratic strongholds which don't constitute most of the nation.

So you didn't mean what you said. Got it.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-08-2017, 02:32 PM
[Image: giant_meteor_2020_making_america_molten_...t=1.cf.jpg]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
30-08-2017, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 02:54 PM by adey67.)
Its going to be number 1 but I wish it was number 6 he deserves it. (sorry LDH and LDH clone) Drinking Beverage
30-08-2017, 03:20 PM
It will end in chaos.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post