How about a little war on Christmast?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2011, 07:21 PM
How about a little war on Christmast?
Not sure how forum subscribers celebrate Christmas - we treat Christmas as the Santa-secular-pagan holiday it is with decked out tree and all. Apparently there are some out there that find wishing people "Happy Holidays" offensive and they want their Merry Christ-mas back...

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/12/...stmas.html

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
17-12-2011, 07:45 PM
RE: How about a little war on Christmast?
This is how I like to celebrate... no need for war.. just a rockin' good time.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
That's funny! I also had a cute little "war on Christmas" pic to post from Facebook.

.bmp  Yay004.bmp (Size: 422.04 KB / Downloads: 38)

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
(17-12-2011 07:21 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Not sure how forum subscribers celebrate Christmas - we treat Christmas as the Santa-secular-pagan holiday it is with decked out tree and all. Apparently there are some out there that find wishing people "Happy Holidays" offensive and they want their Merry Christ-mas back...

Yup, that's what we do. I've been trying to get the rest of my family to dance naked under the moon during the Winter Solstice but so far it's just been me. Pussies say it's too cold.

And if you haven't watched Seth's video TO XMAS AND BEYOND, well now you got something to do.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-12-2011, 08:15 PM
(17-12-2011 07:45 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  That's funny! I also had a cute little "war on Christmas" pic to post from Facebook.

That's good! Sometimes I love Facebook for the idiocy value.

The guy's comments I posted is a douchy neo-Christian conservative that I recently unfriended. I was in the Army with him over 20 years ago - he was dick then, and 20 years later - same guy...always feels it necessary to slam anything I post, so I finally canned him. But, since he addressed his post to his "Liberal friends that think they are moderates" I assumed he was directing it to me - which was an open invitation to blog about it...Did I mention he's a douche? Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
17-12-2011, 10:55 PM
On FB today I came across the funniest status from a friend. It read " OK you guys need to vouch for me. I accidentally spelled Satan instead of Santa in Christmas lights and my neighbors think my star of bethlehem is a pentagram. "

I laughed so hard! We have fundi friends in common that I know were cringing, but they always post against his lifestyle so I think his tongue-in-cheek response was funny.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-12-2011, 12:46 AM
(17-12-2011 10:55 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  On FB today I came across the funniest status from a friend. It read " OK you guys need to vouch for me. I accidentally spelled Satan instead of Santa in Christmas lights and my neighbors think my star of bethlehem is a pentagram. "

I laughed so hard! We have fundi friends in common that I know were cringing, but they always post against his lifestyle so I think his tongue-in-cheek response was funny.

Don't celebrate it at all.

Saw a movie on telly, or part of it. Something like the Kranks and xmas
This couple decide to abandon Xmas and all the neighbours get really stroppy.
Did'nt watch the end Happy solstice ...or whatever.Rolleyes......Can be pushing 40 deg where I live, so no snow men.
18-12-2011, 10:41 AM
(18-12-2011 12:46 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Saw a movie on telly, or part of it. Something like the Kranks and xmas
This couple decide to abandon Xmas and all the neighbours get really stroppy.
Did'nt watch the end Happy solstice ...or whatever.Rolleyes......Can be pushing 40 deg where I live, so no snow men.

Christmas with the Kranks. I just watched it this morning.

It's funny because it's true. Whenever I'm asked if I celebrate Christmas, I wonder "How could I not? People are giving me gifts and will be offended if I don't reciprocate." Everyone just assumes you're celebrating it, and some people even get offended when you don't, such as the namesakes of this movie (I'd recommend it just for the thoughts it prompts on this discussion).

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.