How about going to university in China!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: How about going to university in China!
(16-06-2013 07:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Our job market and university degree market has near zero competitiveness, so there's no incentive for our universities to increase the quality of their services.

Bah, ... I mean baaaa, baaaa, I bet you got some of the top Animal Husbandry programs in the world. 'Course you prolly define "husbandry" a little different than the rest of the world. ... Goddam sheep-fucking Kiwis. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2013, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 08:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-06-2013 01:43 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As one who once studied in UW, by comparison, I am ashamed by my eagerness to achieve quick success and that eagerness also exists in many universities in my country , with attention far from being adequate towards fundamental research at that time, which I think was a common phenomenon.

Luckily, we can observe how US gets so successful in the realm of science and technology. We are getting better now.

After more than 4000 years of socio-cultural history, China is nothing if not patient. IMO, the difficulty they're having is trying to understand what motivates and how to deal with an infant bigass Baby Huey democratic republic sumo with the capacity to destroy the planet. Anticipating where the US is gonna be and what its political positions will be in 20-30 years is damn near impossible. That lack of predictability and stability understandably troubles China. Baby Huey, well hell, he's just playing it by ear. ... Reminds me of my children when they were infants. Why the fuck you having a hissy fit? You hungry? Dirty diaper? Sleepy? Teething? Colic?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-06-2013, 06:48 PM
(17-06-2013 01:12 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I think maybe you can find another Chinese university whose diploma is also accepted in your country and willing to provide you with a scholarship.

Besides, there is also this scholarship provided by the Chinese government, currently operated by the Chinese Scholarships Council, with a special attention to those who want to study Chinese. And these scholarships cover from undergrad education to doctoral researches.

I hope this might help.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would love to study Chinese again--I'm sure my knowledge of the cultural history shows through in my Yue Fei thread--but I personally feel my current course of study is more import.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post