How about that 2 month hunger strike that the U.S. media isn't covering?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
How about that 2 month hunger strike that the U.S. media isn't covering?
in another thread people actually believe the idiotic idea that the media in the U.S. isn't state ran.

Why is the media silent on this issue? There has been a two month hunger strike in guantanamo bay prison and now they are being force fed, which means they are close to skin and bones by now.

http://rt.com/news/gitmo-prisoner-suicide-attempt-607/

On a side note I find it totally fucking entertaining that for all these years the U.S. claimed that Fidel Castro tortures people yet the most notorious torture facility in the world is in cuba but it is ran by the U.S.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: How about that 2 month hunger strike that the U.S. media isn't covering?
complete and total U.S. media complicity in hiding this story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IbCp5qTRM4
10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
I saw this on the news like a week ago. And I don't even watch the news. Maybe you think there's nothing on "state media" because you've never watched it? How do you know that your media isn't also state run and made to distract you from other, real, important issues?

You are, as usual, an idiot.

Love,
Someone with a sense of fucking perspective

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 5 users Like Phaedrus's post
10-04-2013, 10:38 AM
(10-04-2013 10:35 AM)I and I Wrote:  complete and total U.S. media complicity in hiding this story.

Actually I have seen this story mentioned on US media but it doesn't rate very high because as a whole the US public doesn't care about the inmates in Guantanamo bay. The media is a for profit industry so they don't report on stories that have no public interest.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-04-2013, 10:42 AM
(10-04-2013 10:35 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I saw this on the news like a week ago. And I don't even watch the news. Maybe you think there's nothing on "state media" because you've never watched it? How do you know that your media isn't also state run and made to distract you from other, real, important issues?

You are, as usual, an idiot.

Love,
Someone with a sense of fucking perspective

You as usual won't post any link to your claim that you saw this on the news.

Nice try making shit up though. Drinking Beverage
10-04-2013, 10:44 AM
(10-04-2013 10:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 10:35 AM)I and I Wrote:  complete and total U.S. media complicity in hiding this story.

Actually I have seen this story mentioned on US media but it doesn't rate very high because as a whole the US public doesn't care about the inmates in Guantanamo bay. The media is a for profit industry so they don't report on stories that have no public interest.

According to that belief, then somehow the media outlets would know beforehand what stories people want to hear. How do they go about knowing this?
10-04-2013, 10:45 AM
TV actually. Nice try at pushing the limits of human intelligence to their nadir.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
10-04-2013, 10:48 AM
(10-04-2013 10:44 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 10:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually I have seen this story mentioned on US media but it doesn't rate very high because as a whole the US public doesn't care about the inmates in Guantanamo bay. The media is a for profit industry so they don't report on stories that have no public interest.

According to that belief, then somehow the media outlets would know beforehand what stories people want to hear. How do they go about knowing this?

Human beings don't want something before something is known to them, that isn't humanly possible. A blockbuster movie, did millions of people want to see it before it was made or even known it was going to be made? Or did people want to see it after the fact, after it was known it was going to be made.

The media helps shape public opinion and they know how to do it very well, they consciously (not accidentally) chose to shape public opinion during the build up to the Iraq war and most other wars.
10-04-2013, 10:49 AM
This story isn't hidden. The media is not silent on this issue - Huffpost, Salon, theAtlantic, CBSnews, Navytimes, NYTimes, etc.,. all have current articles. The very fact that you can provide a link, makes your statement spurious and subject to ridicule, man.

Don't waste your time trying to show a bunch of radical atheists that you are a radical atheist; been there, done that, have 40 years of tee-shirts to fucking prove it. Now, piss off and don't come back until you've retrieved something interesting from 4chan to show us. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
10-04-2013, 10:56 AM
(10-04-2013 10:49 AM)kim Wrote:  This story isn't hidden. The media is not silent on this issue - Huffpost, Salon, theAtlantic, CBSnews, Navytimes, NYTimes, etc.,. all have current articles. The very fact that you can provide a link, makes your statement spurious and subject to ridicule, man.

Don't waste your time trying to show a bunch of radical atheists that you are a radical atheist; been there, done that, have 40 years of tee-shirts to fucking prove it. Now, piss off and don't come back until you've retrieved something interesting from 4chan to show us. Drinking Beverage

Do you read immanuel Kant? How do you pronounce his last name in german?

Drinking Beverage

I can't wait to see all these video clips of news stories about this hunger strike. You guys can start posting them anytime. Rolleyes