How an Administrator sees the average user

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 02:11 PM by Logisch.)
RE: How an Administrator sees the average user
(12-01-2014 02:01 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 01:57 PM)Khare Wrote:  (Bolding mine.)
Don't be insulted, because if you are, you're the guy trying to have a glass of water Wink

Ya wanna try speaking plain English. I dont get your reference to the glass of water.

From the point of view from someone who has done both network administration, general computer administration and a little programming here and there... the original post seems more along those lines. Not really "forum admin" intended. There's a joke when it comes to programming:

"Imagine the dumbest person you can. Then imagine someone who is 100x dumber than that. Write your program assuming that person will use your program."

Unfortunately, a lot of ego goes on in IT and administration in the computer world. But realistically, there are some pretty dumb people out there. It was intended just for humor and giggles. No one here on the staff sees people that way. (The original post was actually upvoted on reddit so they probably figured they'd share it here)

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 02:12 PM
@Logish, thanks, thats an explaination I can understand. That also puts it into the proper perspective for me.

@ Slowminded......... nevermind, your name says it all.
12-01-2014, 02:16 PM
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  Ya wanna try speaking plain English. I dont get your reference to the glass of water.

I did.
*points at the OP*

Be sure you have someone up your sleeve who will save you when you find yourself in deep shit. - James D. Watson
[+] 1 user Likes Khare's post
(12-01-2014 02:12 PM)War Horse Wrote:  @Logish, thanks, thats an explaination I can understand. That also puts it into the proper perspective for me.

No worries, keep the shiny side up my friend.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
War Horse,
The admins names are in green and the mods are in pink/purple.

The rainbow names are ex-staff.

Blue names are regular members, red names are members that that contributed to TTA financially.

Names that are bolded...some are kind of hard to tell...are veterans and are sometimes used for input for the Admins and mods.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-01-2014, 02:18 PM
(12-01-2014 02:12 PM)War Horse Wrote:  @Logish, thanks, thats an explaination I can understand. That also puts it into the proper perspective for me.

So does yours

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
12-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I gotta say. When I was a mod....

There is a lot of dumb people out there.
12-01-2014, 02:45 PM
(12-01-2014 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  War Horse,

Blue names are regular members, red names are members that that contributed to TTA financially.

Names that are bolded...some are kind of hard to tell...are veterans and are sometimes used for input for the Admins and mods.

Thanks for the info Anjele.

That is rather confusing, most all forums I've been on had either "Moderator" or "Administrator" at their name header.

So far, in here it seems very lax compared to some other forums, and be assured that I wasnt complaining about over moderation in any sense.
12-01-2014, 02:50 PM
(12-01-2014 02:45 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  War Horse,

Thanks for the info Anjele.

That is rather confusing, most all forums I've been on had either "Moderator" or "Administrator" at their name header.

So far, in here it seems very lax compared to some other forums, and be assured that I wasnt complaining about over moderation in any sense.

If you go to the main page of threads look down the page and you will see the shout box, at the very bottom right is a button that that says forum team. The admins and mods are listed there.

If you look at the window on that same page that shows who is online it's easier to see who are bolded and who aren't (indicating Veterans in bold) not that the status is terribly important...just an explanation. Big Grin

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-01-2014, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 03:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-01-2014 01:46 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I think that got taken wrong, I havent been treated like shit personally or am hyper about anything, the OP was just a bit insulting in general and could have been put in a different light than pointing out 'this is how admins see the average user' .

No need to back pedal on the OP, it was a pretty clear statement, to me anyway.

Not that I took it personal in any way, however I did want to say my peace about how I percieved the topic. Trust me, the "calm down" statement wasnt necessary or needed, and by no way applies to me here..... if I ever lose my cool, it would be a bit, um, different.

Vosur was just being ironic 'cause that's how many of us view our Calvinist Forum Administrator. Big Grin

(12-01-2014 02:45 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Thanks for the info Anjele.

Wouldn't work here 'cause it changes like weekly. "Okay, whose turn is it in the barrel this time?"

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.