How are you 'celebrating' Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 08:13 AM
How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
I am not. Today my son, his girlfriend, and her daughter are coming over for steaks and other goodies - a belated birthday meal for his 30th which was last Sunday. We plan to cook enough to not have to cook tomorrow.

Tomorrow husband has to work and I will probably work from home. Tax deadlines coming up and the push is on to get things done.

I may pick up some little gifts for the bonus granddaughter...spring stuff...maybe a bottle of bubbles and some sidewalk chalk. The most Eastery thing around here is the candy on the counter...little Reese's bunnies and some jelly beans.

How about you? Family gatherings? Church? Easter egg hunts?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-04-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
I do a running challenge every Easter. 3 days. Conveniently gets me out of all church related stuff Big Grin My parents are super into all that stuff so I get a dose of it when I visit them, otherwise just enjoying the long weekend.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Probably won't be celebrating Easter.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-04-2017, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 09:11 AM by Shai Hulud.)
An ultimate pepperoni pizza.

Edit: Though today is just catching up on everything the network wouldn't let me do yesterday.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Off down to the Cock & Pussy for a couple of alcohol free beers tonight, tomorrow its cook the turkey with roast potatoes and sprouts, followed by a worship session to praise our father in hell lord Satan. Monday try and persuade Shai to follow me in joining in communion with the dark lord. Drinking Beverage
15-04-2017, 08:40 AM
I've never "celebrated" easter in my entire life. Half the time I don't even know when it is.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-04-2017, 09:32 AM
The wife is sick, has been for a week, so I'm up for making dinner Sunday...even though I have that cold now, too. Facepalm I'm roasting leg of lamb on the rotisserie on the propane grill, making fingerling potatoes and sweet potatoes. Probably will add Brussels sprouts and some multicolored carrots. That'll be two days worth of dinner!

No eggs, no special run to get in line at See's candies, no churchifying. Sweet!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
15-04-2017, 09:37 AM
If it hadn't been for my huge gaff yesterday, my answer would probably be....is that on Sunday?

Then thank you for giving me the heads up to avoid fb.

That said...not doing anything. I'll probably be griping that local restaurants are closed or hideously crowded.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2017, 09:40 AM
(15-04-2017 09:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If it hadn't been for my huge gaff yesterday, my answer would probably be....is that on Sunday?

Then thank you for giving me the heads up to avoid fb.

That said...not doing anything. I'll probably be griping that local restaurants are closed or hideously crowded.

Do like an easter egg hunt but instead of easter eggs, they have to find their dinner. Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Having my son home for the weekend; that's a treat.

Sleeping in (not a brass player, no Easter church jobs for us woodwinds Sad ), eating Reese's PB eggs.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post