How are you 'celebrating' Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
Oh, you mean AFTER the Easter Bunny comes, right. He IS coming to my house.
After that, dinner with the familes. 2 sets. Eat, eat eat.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2017, 10:53 AM
(15-04-2017 10:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh, you mean AFTER the Easter Bunny comes, right. He IS coming to my house.
After that, dinner with the familes. 2 sets. Eat, eat eat.

[Image: bunny_zpsotbhahv3.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 11:48 AM
In Ontario we get Good Friday off. My kids played their steam games and I watched Netflix and planted some seedlings indoors under grow lights to get a jump on spring.

My wife went out to church where they were having the annual "parade" where people take turns carrying jesus's cross down the street. She asked our sons to go with her but they weren't interested.

When she got back she asked our sons to stand up so she could put her palm against their foreheads, in some sort of " transfer of blessing thing?" Blink I dunno, I didn't ask.

My sons tried to cast their +1 eye of rolling defense, but they're only lvl 17 & lvl 12 sons. They had no hope against a lvl 47 mom with her +3 listen to your mother attack.

She looked at me too, but I'm a lvl 44 father and I was able to successfully cast a +5 skeptically raised eyebrow of protection.

Tomorrow she's going to ask me to go to church with her as a family thing, I will probably go, it can be amusing sometimes, and everything is closed anyway. It can also give me a good charisma bonus with her for the rest of the month.

They have a couple of these "jesus cross walk" things around the city each year (they probably happen in every city). According to the morning paper the Archbishop of Ottawa shat out this nugget yesterday to a crowd downtown :

“Who would’ve believed that the Creator would lose everything and then regain it all in order that we might live our relationship with all things?” Archbishop Prendergast asked the crowd.

Who indeed. Dodgy

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
15-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Cadbury easter eggs..... Nuff said.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
15-04-2017, 12:06 PM
(15-04-2017 10:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I might go snorkeling and see if I can find some cool sea creatures in the rafts of sargassum that the winds have blown in to shore.

BTW any of you get hints dropped at every turn that the pious will be piousing ™?

Casual conversation and then, “After church tomorrow I’ll be fill in the blank.” Excuse me but I don’t give a fuck, no need for the preamble.

My whole week at work. Woman who started the same day I did never misses the chance to mention church...ever...Easter (actually all of Lent) has only made her bring it up more often.

I assume Monday will be spent with her talking about how wonderful church was on Sunday.

Praise the lard for being able to stream music and podcasts directly into my hearing aids. Confused

She is the churchiest person I have ever had to deal with at a job.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-04-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm going to my brother's house where family and friends will be gathering for the annual feast. Tongue
15-04-2017, 12:43 PM
(15-04-2017 12:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I'm going to my brother's house where family and friends will be gathering for the annual feast. Tongue

Are you going to stab it with your steely knives?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2017, 01:01 PM
(15-04-2017 09:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If it hadn't been for my huge gaff yesterday, my answer would probably be....is that on Sunday?

Then thank you for giving me the heads up to avoid fb.

That said...not doing anything. I'll probably be griping that local restaurants are closed or hideously crowded.

Damnit - you just reminded me! Where am I gonna eat? Consider
I gotta think those guys at The Burger Stand are atheist but, I also think they would look for any excuse to take a day off. I had my tastebuds all set, too. Fuck'em - I'll do Himalayan - Asians have a more trustworthy work ethic. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-04-2017, 01:13 PM
(15-04-2017 01:01 PM)kim Wrote:  Fuck'em - I'll do Himalayan - Asians have a more trustworthy work ethic. Dodgy

Oh Kimmie, you just caused me to snurggle so loudly my wife asks if I'm OK from the other room. And people wonder why we all come here...we come here for insights like yours. Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-04-2017, 01:26 PM
(15-04-2017 12:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I'm going to my brother's house where family and friends will be gathering for the annual feast. Tongue

Are you going to stab it with your steely knives?

> No, we won't be living it up at The Hotel California. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post