How are you 'celebrating' Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
(15-04-2017 01:26 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  Are you going to stab it with your steely knives?

> No, we won't be living it up at The Hotel California. Dodgy

Aww Sad No pink champagne on ice...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Nope... I don't "celebrate" Easter. I regard it as an inappropriate, legally enforced public holiday demanded by only 61% of the population—of my allegedly secular country. It's been claimed that in my state of Victoria alone, the Good [sic ] Friday and Easter Monday public holidays cost around $1.4 billion in lost productivity and wages.

With the dire and declining economic position in Victoria (and the other states) we just can't afford to take a couple of days off in order to appease any potential butthurt Christians who want to commemorate some non-existent being based on a fairy tale.

—Call me the Easter Grinch LOL.

And.....

[Image: low_Best%20At%20Easter_cover.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
15-04-2017, 02:51 PM
I don't celebrate it. It's day like any other.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
15-04-2017, 03:00 PM
(15-04-2017 01:45 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Nope... I don't "celebrate" Easter. I regard it as an inappropriate, legally enforced public holiday demanded by only 61% of the population—of my allegedly secular country. It's been claimed that in my state of Victoria alone, the Good [sic ] Friday and Easter Monday public holidays cost around $1.4 billion in lost productivity and wages.

With the dire and declining economic position in Victoria (and the other states) we just can't afford to take a couple of days off in order to appease any potential butthurt Christians who want to commemorate some non-existent being based on a fairy tale.

—Call me the Easter Grinch LOL.

And.....

[Image: low_Best%20At%20Easter_cover.jpg]

That's a switch. When I was still working, we did not get those two days off unless we took vacation! That may be because all the federal holidays got moved to the days between xmas and New Year's Day. But we never got the Monday, in any event.
15-04-2017, 03:10 PM
I think Easter is almost completely secularized nowadays. When I was growing up I never went to church on Easter. Hell, I didn't even know it was about Christ's resurrection until I was 15.

I still celebrate it for the same reason most celebrate Christmas... They grew up with it and enjoy the traditions.

My husband and I make ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, the works...
We also try to keep it cute with stuff. I don't eat candy anymore but he'll stuff my basket with protein bars, and healthy snacks. He and I also throw little gifts in the baskets too.

It's just the means to make a day special for no real reason for us.
I'm thinking next year I might buy some plastic eggs and make treats and put them in it. Just for fun.
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
15-04-2017, 04:13 PM
(15-04-2017 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 10:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  BTW any of you get hints dropped at every turn that the pious will be piousing ™?

Casual conversation and then, “After church tomorrow I’ll be fill in the blank.” Excuse me but I don’t give a fuck, no need for the preamble.

My whole week at work. Woman who started the same day I did never misses the chance to mention church...ever...Easter (actually all of Lent) has only made her bring it up more often.

I assume Monday will be spent with her talking about how wonderful church was on Sunday.

Praise the lard for being able to stream music and podcasts directly into my hearing aids. Confused

She is the churchiest person I have ever had to deal with at a job.

Can’t you make her stop? You can be polite the first time, aggravated the second and go full metal jacket the 3rd time she alludes to her piousy self.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-04-2017, 04:36 PM
(15-04-2017 04:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My whole week at work. Woman who started the same day I did never misses the chance to mention church...ever...Easter (actually all of Lent) has only made her bring it up more often.

I assume Monday will be spent with her talking about how wonderful church was on Sunday.

Praise the lard for being able to stream music and podcasts directly into my hearing aids. Confused

Can’t you make her stop? You can be polite the first time, aggravated the second and go full metal jacket the 3rd time she alludes to her piousy self.

You could couch that in terms of the talking in general being disruptive to your work flow. I got the occasional political emails as an unwilling recipient at work. It started to escalate into a flame war once, and I "replied to all" to include me out of any political discussions.

I have work to do that has nothing to do with political candidates and their putative attributes. (didn't include this in the reply, though)
15-04-2017, 05:06 PM
(15-04-2017 04:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My whole week at work. Woman who started the same day I did never misses the chance to mention church...ever...Easter (actually all of Lent) has only made her bring it up more often.

- and also to Fireball-
We are both due to be reviewed at the end of the month. I am biting my tongue till I have a better feel for my importance in the company.

I already know that the day is coming when I have to bring up her incessant phone calls and conversation.

She has made the comment that she wishes our desks were on the same side of the office so that we could chat...ummm....no, I am there to work and I don't want her any closer to me than she already is.

Biting my tongue and biding my time for now. I am not good at either one. Thursday I had to get up and walk out of the office.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
15-04-2017, 06:02 PM
(15-04-2017 01:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 01:26 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > No, we won't be living it up at The Hotel California. Dodgy

Aww Sad No pink champagne on ice...

> I'm afraid we'll have to settle for strawberry soda and raspberry ginger ale on the rocks. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
15-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Isn't Fear the walking dead coming back on tomorrow? That would be the highlight of Easter this year.