How are you 'celebrating' Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
Human sacrifice.

...what?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
16-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Last minuet change of plans, we went to see Kong and ate at Texas Roadhouse.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Last Easter I spent all day trying to complete a challenge for Saints Row 4 to get the walk on water perk, after we did the baskets.

This Easter I'm hiding upstairs, eating chocolate, and drinking tea.
16-04-2017, 02:16 PM
The conditions for diving weren't good so came home and continued painting fence posts, pickets and railings. Now I'm sitting under the shade of my huge Strangler fig drinking beer and surfing TTA. The good life.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-04-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm becoming very nostalgic for those joyous Easter moments of my past. Oh to be a believer again. There was a time when I believed my metabolism would always keep up. I miss nibbling the ears off a chocolate bunny.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
16-04-2017, 02:28 PM
I'm not, except I'm planning to eat tons of chocolate because strangely, a lot of chocolate was available everywhere in the supermarkets Big Grin
16-04-2017, 02:32 PM
(16-04-2017 02:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The conditions for diving weren't good so came home and continued painting fence posts, pickets and railings. Now I'm sitting under the shade of my huge Strangler fig drinking beer and surfing TTA. The good life.

Damn, you have a strangler fig? I'd love to grow one of those. Don't think it would survive in the San Francisco bay area. What part of eden do you live in and how big is your spread?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
16-04-2017, 02:41 PM
(16-04-2017 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The conditions for diving weren't good so came home and continued painting fence posts, pickets and railings. Now I'm sitting under the shade of my huge Strangler fig drinking beer and surfing TTA. The good life.

Damn, you have a strangler fig? I'd love to grow one of those. Don't think it would survive in the San Francisco bay area. What part of eden do you live in and how big is your spread?

He suffers terribly living in the Florida Keys. I'm not sure how he stands it. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-04-2017, 02:43 PM
(16-04-2017 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  

I live in the Florida Keys, halfway between the chaos that is Miami and the weirdness that is Key West.

The Strangler fig lives in the empty lot next door, covers about a third of the 70x90 lot and all the local birds eat the seeds. Currently building a fence and will soon add landscaping.

I have friends I visit in San Fran, a 70x90 lot would probably cost $2,000,000 there Gasp

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-04-2017, 02:56 PM
(16-04-2017 02:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Damn, you have a strangler fig? I'd love to grow one of those. Don't think it would survive in the San Francisco bay area. What part of eden do you live in and how big is your spread?

I live in the Florida Keys, halfway between the chaos that is Miami and the weirdness that is Key West.

The Strangler fig lives in the empty lot next door, covers about a third of the 70x90 lot and all the local birds eat the seeds. Currently building a fence and will soon add landscaping.

I have friends I visit in San Fran, a 70x90 lot would probably cost $2,000,000 there Gasp

Um yeah in 2004 we sold our house just south of sf, 1000sf house for over a half million dollars, the house was a single story, but nice, craftsman styled home.

They since built 3 story town homes in the lot behind the house...it made what used to be a sunny backyard into a cave.

It was recently back on the market, almost a million dollars. But our kitchen still looked amazing so...that's something.

It also gave us that uncomfortable realization that we're never going back to California. Sadcryface

We're never going to afford that and now, honestly we've got waaaay too much furniture.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post