How are you 'celebrating' Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
(16-04-2017 02:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Damn, you have a strangler fig? I'd love to grow one of those. Don't think it would survive in the San Francisco bay area. What part of eden do you live in and how big is your spread?

He suffers terribly living in the Florida Keys. I'm not sure how he stands it. Sadcryface

It’s hell I tell ya, but nothing strong drink won’t help. Cool

Already Bows & Arrows came to visit...just sayin’ Big Grin

[Image: b02a136741ac5580886799aab9006ab4.jpg]
[Image: Islamorada.jpg]
[Image: 18e90e07-a3f1-4217-8234-62589036c0e7.1.10.jpeg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-04-2017, 04:00 PM
I gather from all the posts that today is easter? I actually thought it was next weekend, I really did.Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-04-2017, 04:34 PM
We host an annual easter egg hunt (not religious), just candy, prizes and food Smile

We changed it up this year and went out for dinner last night, and just stayed home and chilled today. My husband really enjoys doing fun little things, like putting paw prints around the house, hiding eggs to discover easter morning, etc.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
16-04-2017, 08:27 PM
A big meal, a bunny cake, and Easter baskets.

And my parents set up an egg hunt in the backyard. The youngest in the house is 18, but...it's still fun Blush

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
16-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Easter is the most boring holiday.

16-04-2017, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 09:29 PM by whateverist.)
(16-04-2017 02:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Damn, you have a strangler fig? I'd love to grow one of those. Don't think it would survive in the San Francisco bay area. What part of eden do you live in and how big is your spread?

I live in the Florida Keys, halfway between the chaos that is Miami and the weirdness that is Key West.

The Strangler fig lives in the empty lot next door, covers about a third of the 70x90 lot and all the local birds eat the seeds. Currently building a fence and will soon add landscaping.

I have friends I visit in San Fran, a 70x90 lot would probably cost $2,000,000 there Gasp

Hey you'll have to drop by next time you come. Berkeley is just across the bay, ten minutes if the bridge hasn't backed up. My garden is big by local standards, 100 feet wide by 120 feet deep and I've been gardening her about 25 years. I'm going to open it up for the Garden Conservancy this coming Saturday. First time for me.

I've always liked the way strangler figs look, especially ones who have done in their host which has then rotted away leaving just the fig looking like a woven basket. I've only been as far as the Everglades and only once. Pretty cool digs. I'd like to check out gardens out that way. I visited one when we were there maybe 20 years ago now. Might have been the Fairchild. It was quite weird that the cast from "The Victory Garden" was shooting an episode there when we visited.

[Image: 11797730046_885fa74e71.jpg]

https://flic.kr/p/SqpGfj

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
16-04-2017, 09:22 PM
(16-04-2017 03:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He suffers terribly living in the Florida Keys. I'm not sure how he stands it. Sadcryface

It’s hell I tell ya, but nothing strong drink won’t help. Cool

Nice! How long can we stay?

16-04-2017, 09:26 PM
built a fence for securing our dogs in the back yard, in the sunshine. Mowed the yard, just a general good time outside.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
16-04-2017, 09:27 PM
(16-04-2017 09:22 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 03:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It’s hell I tell ya, but nothing strong drink won’t help. Cool

Nice! How long can we stay?

You can stay as long as you like, we have nice B&Bs and house rentals on the island. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-04-2017, 12:50 AM
(16-04-2017 02:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I live in the Florida Keys, halfway between the chaos that is Miami and the weirdness that is Key West.

The Strangler fig lives in the empty lot next door, covers about a third of the 70x90 lot and all the local birds eat the seeds. Currently building a fence and will soon add landscaping.

I have friends I visit in San Fran, a 70x90 lot would probably cost $2,000,000 there Gasp

Um yeah in 2004 we sold our house just south of sf, 1000sf house for over a half million dollars, the house was a single story, but nice, craftsman styled home.

They since built 3 story town homes in the lot behind the house...it made what used to be a sunny backyard into a cave.

It was recently back on the market, almost a million dollars. But our kitchen still looked amazing so...that's something.

It also gave us that uncomfortable realization that we're never going back to California. Sadcryface

We're never going to afford that and now, honestly we've got waaaay too much furniture.

Got to say as much as I like living where I am it is more than a little unsettling to realize our parcel taxes will always be largely decided by the idealistic and transient college population of UC Berkeley. They are nothing if not generous.