How are you 'celebrating' Easter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 02:58 AM
How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
I had a busy Easter in the garden and getting our trailer caravan clean and tidy after it's winter layup. That took forever.

I went for a long run on Sunday morning so I was absolutely ready for bed last night.

When out on my run I received a text from my daughter. Her long time boyfriend is now living with her and he comes from a devout Catholic family. He asked her to go to mass with him on Sunday and she went along just to keep him happy. She found the whole thing DEEPLY disturbing and will not be attending another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2017, 06:08 PM
RE: How are you 'celebrating' Easter?
(15-04-2017 08:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How about you? Family gatherings? Church? Easter egg hunts?

My wife's church, and then lunch with my extended family.

My five-year-old made a crack at church that no one else heard:

Pastor: "Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again."

Five-year-old: "Christ is in prison!?"

I had to try not to snort-laugh in front of everyone. She's also been asking things about how much of this is really true. Much to my wife's chagrin, our daughters are pretty sharp. I've been nice and haven't explicitly told them it's all likely horseshit, but even my neutral answers leave more wiggle room than she's comfortable with.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-04-2017, 06:40 PM
I had a wonderful Easter Sunday. My entire family went to church, head to for a sumptuous lunch and of course the traditional way of celebrating Easter is "Swimming". It was a wonderful day! God Bless us all!
17-04-2017, 11:58 PM
(17-04-2017 06:40 PM)Helleyouse Wrote:  I had a wonderful Easter Sunday. My entire family went to church, head to for a sumptuous lunch and of course the traditional way of celebrating Easter is "Swimming". It was a wonderful day! God Bless us all!

Dog bless you too

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-04-2017, 06:13 PM
(17-04-2017 06:08 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 08:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How about you? Family gatherings? Church? Easter egg hunts?

My wife's church, and then lunch with my extended family.

My five-year-old made a crack at church that no one else heard:

Pastor: "Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again."

Five-year-old: "Christ is in prison!?"

I had to try not to snort-laugh in front of everyone. She's also been asking things about how much of this is really true. Much to my wife's chagrin, our daughters are pretty sharp. I've been nice and haven't explicitly told them it's all likely horseshit, but even my neutral answers leave more wiggle room than she's comfortable with.

I don't know how you can keep from snort-laughing with those girls of yours. They are a pair. You have you hands full with those two...your youngest cracks me up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post