How are you celebrating New Year's Eve/Day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: How are you celebrating New Year's Eve/Day?
(31-12-2015 08:26 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am going to be watching twilight zone and have a drink of some kind.....that is pretty much it.

I'm watching that now. Lone dude left on planet with virtual company. They keep blurring out the girly bits. lol

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
31-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Kids and I took down the tree, the banister lights, and I put the giant wreath away. I vacuumed the floor and cooked dinner. Changed all the bedding and cleaned the whole house (even dusted the areas I normally neglect).

I love the way my house looks after all the Christmas crap goes away.

One hour before midnight I'll take out some left over appetizers to defrost, fire up the oven and wait for hubby to get home. We'll pop the champagne and have a midnight snack. Smile

I got some stupid hats and party crap...lol. I'm a geek. I've got cash for my pockets and will light the barberry candles.

I also love waking up on new year's morning to a spotless home (because it will never stay that way long).

Tomorrow morning, I'll make breakfast and we'll watch the Tournament of Roses parade.

Then absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-12-2015, 09:01 PM
(31-12-2015 08:30 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(31-12-2015 08:26 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am going to be watching twilight zone and have a drink of some kind.....that is pretty much it.

I'm watching that now. Lone dude left on planet with virtual company. They keep blurring out the girly bits. lol

Ooops, my mistake. I was watching Outer Limits not Twilight Zone.
Facepalm

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
31-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I usually stay in on New Year's Eve and kick back with food and alcohol. Normally I'd be constructing a pizza right about now but decided to take it easy and will just do up a plate of nachos later in the evening.

Not sure if I'm going to watch a movie or just putter around the house. So far the puttering is winning: First I played around with My alto clarinet, planing down reeds and working out the measurements for a better neck strap; then I popped out for coffee; then I polished away some tarnish on the alto sax; then I read for a while. It's entirely possible the rest of the evening will involve the piano, the sewing machine, and/or a bucket of drywall mud depending on My mood of the moment.

New Year's Day plans involve continuing some bathroom renovations (hence the drywall mud), and probably the cutting of itty-bitty glass tiles to finish the backsplash around the washbasin.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
31-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Just chilling at home with the wife and kids.

Happy and safe New Year to all of you!!!! Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
31-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Like the Fatbaldhobbit, sitting at home chillin, watching a movie, reading a book, snacking and calling the police on the obnoxious neighbors for the third time this week.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
31-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Drinking beer and listening to my neighbors shoot off fireworks. Oh, also painting my fingernails.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
31-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Had a bonfire earlier, cooked hotdogs and made s'mores. Was cold as balls, so chillin' inside. I'm heading out now because I don't want to be on the road after midnight with all the drunkies. I plan to be celebrating the Happy Nude Year Angel in my not boyfriend's bed. Yeh yeh, I know I should stop fooling around with him, but really, the sex is that good.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
01-01-2016, 07:39 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
01-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Worked...a lotGasp

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user