How are you celebrating New Year's Eve/Day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: How are you celebrating New Year's Eve/Day?
Went to bed at 10, didn't see the ball drop for the first time since I can remember.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Fell asleep on the couch while half watching a football game. Woke up a little while later thinking the couch was swallowing me. Some people in the area were setting off fireworks and the one dog we didn't dose with Benedryl was sitting on my shoulder. He apparently needed to be as close to me as possible. Since I was laying on my side it felt like I was being pushed down into the back of the couch. Facepalm

The clock said 12:02 - Happy New Year. I escaped death by couch. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-01-2016, 10:20 AM
My daughters family is coming over today and we'll have dinner (beef roast, potatoes, gravy, green beans with bacon, carrots, corn). The boys will open their gifts (since I was sick last week) and we'll play the Wii and watch movies.

The two oldest will spend the night. Smile

My New Years tradition is usually boiled shrimp with red potatoes and slaw but we didn't get our xmas roast so I'm doing that.

Hope you all have a great day!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
01-01-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm celebrating new years day by breaking my second resolution and having a few beers, I've had the in laws around all day and now they have gone it's time to relax. just got the dishes to do laterSad
[+] 1 user Likes Thewonderer's post
01-01-2016, 02:05 PM
My van has a blown head gasket. I just flushed out the cooling system and put in guck to hopefully seal it. I don't mind doing this; if I had to take it in to have the work done (this is one job I have NO interest in doing), the thing would be totaled by the repair bill. Its 15 YO, so if this doesn't work, it gets donated and I'll take the write off. Then I'll buy another new vehicle that I will hopefully never have to work on. Got my wife a new Kia Soul last year. I'm looking forward to only washing and waxing it for the next ten years.
01-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Woke up and much to my dismay, Anderson Cooper is still gay.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Just got back from New Year's brunch in Boston. Played a little chamber music, drank a couple of cocktails, saw a bunch of old friends.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
01-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Watching Boston lose the Winter Classic.
01-01-2016, 02:57 PM
I decided I wanted to start the year with something new. So I went to bed early last night, and this morning I went downhill mountain biking with some of my younger friends. It's was fast, intense, and my face hurts from grinning for two hours straight.

Dammit. Bikes are expensive.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post