How are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: How are you?
I am weird lately. You know that song "what's going on".
This part:
"And I, I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?"

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2017, 04:21 PM
(19-06-2017 03:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Feeling sorta bad the last couple days. Fever and chills, headache and tired. Just had a short nap in what little space the two dogs and the cat allowed me to have on the couch. I think another such nap is in order...not sure if I will be up to going to work tomorrow or not. Confused

At least when I am in chills mode the dogs keep me nice and toasty warm.

Hope you get better soon Anj! Hug

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-06-2017, 05:30 PM
They could ask "what are you"," when are you", or "where are you", and you' be able to spout an answer with nary a thought to it...

But no, the bastards always go for " how are you????"....

Ambiguous fuckers...

I always get even by answering their question with a question....

"Why are you, asking????"

That usually keeps 'em busy while I make a getaway...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Pretty good. How's about yourself? I'm in a very silly mood today. Everything is making me laugh. I don't know why, but it is. Jenny's banana dance thread was fun to do but I put too many bananas in the post and none of them dance. They're all stuck in one position. Laugh out load

Gotta go mow the backyard with my old fashioned push mower now. The neighbors all think I'm nuts and the kids are super curious to see it cut the grass. They look at the push mower like it's from another century.....which it is. Anyway, it's great exercise and doesn't pollute the environment at all. By the fall when mowing season ends I'm super strong! Flex

Have a good day.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Tired and stressed. I can tell because everything is bugging me.

I need an attitude adjustment. Pronto.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
19-06-2017, 06:36 PM
If you are genuinely asking how "I" am... at the moment I'm stressed to the max. I'm in the process of gaining an early retirement from the Fire Dept. that I have worked for for the last 25 years. The issue I have is overwhelming to the point that I'm willing to forego my full retirement for my family, myself, and my well being. I've seen too much death and destruction to last 10 lifetimes.

The issue is this: I'm in the process of a disability retirement due to PTSD. But the issue that I have is with my pension board making one mistake after another that is out of my control. I could go into a long description of everything that they have fucked up but I'll spare you the details. I've done everything by the book and have turned in all corresponding documentation required. I even have a letter from "The" Fire Chief agreeing with my decision and sent a lengthy letter stating exactly that.

This is a small excerpt from the letter the Fire Chief wrote on my behalf:

"I've met with Captain T***** to discuss his application and although I regret losing such a valuable employee, I fully support his desire to apply for such a retirement"

I'm finally down to the final step of this process with seeing my pension board's Dr. for final approval. I've no doubt that they will find a way of fucking this up also. I have 3 different therapist, 2 physiologist, and the full support of the Fire Dept. I've seen too much and when you see the worst of humanity on a daily basis it will have negative effects over the long run. You can not unsee what you have seen and some of those scenes and circumstances will haunt me forever.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 4 users Like RearViewMirror's post
19-06-2017, 07:40 PM
I'm fair to middling. Consider
19-06-2017, 08:02 PM
How are you?
(19-06-2017 06:36 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  If you are genuinely asking how "I" am... at the moment I'm stressed to the max. I'm in the process of gaining an early retirement from the Fire Dept. that I have worked for for the last 25 years. The issue I have is overwhelming to the point that I'm willing to forego my full retirement for my family, myself, and my well being. I've seen too much death and destruction to last 10 lifetimes.

The issue is this: I'm in the process of a disability retirement due to PTSD. But the issue that I have is with my pension board making one mistake after another that is out of my control. I could go into a long description of everything that they have fucked up but I'll spare you the details. I've done everything by the book and have turned in all corresponding documentation required. I even have a letter from "The" Fire Chief agreeing with my decision and sent a lengthy letter stating exactly that.

"I've met with Captain T***** to discuss his application and although I regret losing such a valuable employee, I fully support his desire to apply for such a retirement"

I'm finally down to the final step of this process with seeing my pension board's Dr. for final approval. I've no doubt that they will find a way of fucking this up also. I have 3 different therapist, 2 physiologist, and the full support of the Fire Dept. I've seen too much and when you see the worst of humanity on a daily basis it will have negative effects over the long run. You can not unsee what you have seen and some of those scenes and circumstances will haunt me forever.

How many more years for you to get full pension? Can you take a medical leave of absence for six months using FMLA ? I was able to move to dispatch for a few years when I was struggling near the end. But that ended up being worse for sleep and stress actually. I did 25 years total between a couple different departments and once I hit retirement minimum I bailed! That was two years ago. I Don't regret it one bit. Sleeping better. Grew a beard. Less snappy at family. Retirement is good. I wish you luck brotha... The PTSD will get less and less. Go camping more. Sleep well. Talk to people about NON EMS crap. When you stop hanging out with firemen and medics it will get better. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like treefireguy's post
19-06-2017, 08:09 PM
(19-06-2017 03:06 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  I am pissed off at the world. Why you ask? Because I tore my achilles tendon. I am on crutches. And it is summer. So pissed.

Happened to me many years ago playing baseball.

It frikkin' hurts!!

Sorry to hear of this, TFG. But take your time. It's a vital part of your equipment and takes a long, long time to heal properly (at least, mine did anyway).
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
19-06-2017, 09:10 PM
(19-06-2017 08:02 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 06:36 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  If you are genuinely asking how "I" am... at the moment I'm stressed to the max. I'm in the process of gaining an early retirement from the Fire Dept. that I have worked for for the last 25 years. The issue I have is overwhelming to the point that I'm willing to forego my full retirement for my family, myself, and my well being. I've seen too much death and destruction to last 10 lifetimes.

How many more years for you to get full pension? Can you take a medical leave of absence for six months using FMLA ? I was able to move to dispatch for a few years when I was struggling near the end. But that ended up being worse for sleep and stress actually. I did 25 years total between a couple different departments and once I hit retirement minimum I bailed! That was two years ago. I Don't regret it one bit. Sleeping better. Grew a beard. Less snappy at family. Retirement is good. I wish you luck brotha... The PTSD will get less and less. Go camping more. Sleep well. Talk to people about NON EMS crap. When you stop hanging out with firemen and medics it will get better. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 4 more years but it just isn't worth it to me. If I went the full 28 I'd retire with 93% of my salary with a 3% cost of living increase each year until I die. I'm 47 right now and when this disability retirement goes through I'll retire with 73% of my salary. Thing is... I was very fortunate and got promoted through the ranks very fast which helped my retirement. I had not given it much thought but getting promoted on my first test for Driver / Engineer and then to Captain built up my retirement greatly which basically means that I'll still actually bring home more money now than I'm currently bringing home right now. I'm worth more off the job than I am on the job.

The problem with FMLA is I'm running close to running out of sick leave and with FMLA you are able to keep your job you just don't get paid if you are out of sick leave. Add to that my wife's health problems I don't see any other way out. After I retire I'm guaranteed a 3% cost of living increase for the rest of my life I'll be making close to what I would have been making if I waited another 4 years so it just isn't worth it. My family comes first. And for the reasons you mentioned it's just better if I leave now. I won't go into the gory details but we had a run on April 4th of this year and I just can't see that again. I've seen enough. I've paid my dues as I've never been on a slow company in my entire career.

I'll put it this way... I've never heard anyone laying on their deathbed saying "I sure wish I would have worked more".

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post