How are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 09:32 PM
How are you?
That's a better package than I got!!! Go for it. Good luck. I hope it goes smooth. We firemen will already be dying ten years earlier then everyone else anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
19-06-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: How are you?
Yep.... Barring any unforeseen accident I've already resigned myself to the fact that I will die of some form of cancer considering we are up to 400 times more likely to get certain forms of cancer than the general public.

I'll miss the job and the people I work with but I won't miss the constant stress.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
20-06-2017, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 05:43 AM by Thoreauvian.)
I am now almost two years into retirement, and it's my favorite time of my life. I spend my time reading books, working on projects, watching Netflix and DVDs, and reading (and sometimes posting) online. I am unrushed and relaxed.

But as with any other time, there are pluses and minuses. My income is significantly reduced. I worry about the rising cost of health insurance. I don't feel very useful anymore, which bothers me. I feel myself physically and mentally in decline as I age. I now understand why older people get the way they do.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
20-06-2017, 04:30 AM
(19-06-2017 12:45 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Actually exactly just that:
"How are you?"

I feel like way too often, we ask a coworker or a neighbour "how are you" just while rushing by, not actually wanting or expecting an honest answer.
So today I want an honest answer.

I don't care if you are goofy, angry, trolling, happy, depressed, in love, stressed, or whatever else.
Sharing is caring.

I feel good. Had therapy today. Always feels good to talk and be frank about my ideation with a person, y'know. No worrying about upsetting others, just... let it out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
20-06-2017, 05:36 AM
(19-06-2017 06:09 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Tired and stressed. I can tell because everything is bugging me.

I need an attitude adjustment. Pronto.

You probably just need some rest if the stress is the reason that everything bugs you.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
20-06-2017, 08:32 PM
What are you!?

Edit: I'm tired.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
20-06-2017, 08:51 PM
(20-06-2017 04:19 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I am now almost two years into retirement, and it's my favorite time of my life. I spend my time reading books, working on projects, watching Netflix and DVDs, and reading (and sometimes posting) online. I am unrushed and relaxed.

But as with any other time, there are pluses and minuses. My income is significantly reduced. I worry about the rising cost of health insurance. I don't feel very useful anymore, which bothers me. I feel myself physically and mentally in decline as I age. I now understand why older people get the way they do.

> Aside from the negatives, retirement kicks ass! Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
20-06-2017, 08:56 PM
(20-06-2017 05:36 AM)Leerob Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 06:09 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Tired and stressed. I can tell because everything is bugging me.

I need an attitude adjustment. Pronto.

You probably just need some rest if the stress is the reason that everything bugs you.

Yup! And a night out with my girlfriends has helped. Wine and laughing is good for the soul Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
25-06-2017, 05:36 AM
How are you?
Took my daughter camping. She played in the river for six hours straight. Love summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like treefireguy's post
26-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Feeling a bit tired and sore, but like I've accomplished something.
  • The sore back and sore elbow that have been plaguing me for several days are starting to ease off (note to self: Don't weed the garden from a standing position, no matter how flexible you are, and don't sleep with the elbow tucked under the pillow either).
  • Survived Monday at work, after typing at Ludicrous Speed for some hours (shakes fist) Curse you, Dr. Chatterbox!
  • Stopped procrastinating and printed out the sheet music I need for a rehearsal tomorrow. Oh, and it's my world debut as a band director, too, as this is an informal summertime practice group without an official conductor on the podium and I was foolish enough to volunteer. *meep*
  • And I'm fighting off a vague sense of dread. I'm renting a dumpster to facilitate some demolition inside the house, and am not looking forward to hauling mass quantities of rubble and wood and other crap down the stairs and out the back door, one box or bucketful at a time. It could be worse, though -- normally I stuff it into small bags and load them onto a pickup truck.
I think it's time for some creative goofing-off. I'm going to the mall, just because. Big Grin

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post