How are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: How are you?
Tired and sad. Rewatched part of Band of Brothers while working on this course, and the Holocaust scene just...takes it out of you. Knowing that the reality was so much worse.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
26-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Tired, annoyed, and a little hungry.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
26-06-2017, 05:57 PM
How am I? Compared to the hundred years war, not bad at all!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
26-06-2017, 09:42 PM
How am I now?

Well... My retirement from the FD just went through today so I turned in all my gear, signed all the paperwork, and now I'm finished. I now make even more money than I did when I was on the job and I no longer have to go to work. It was an extremely drawn out painful process but now that's over. Now I can focus on my family instead of missing a third of their life. And I can finally relax and live life. So... I'm doing very well and for once, in a long time, I'm happy.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 6 users Like RearViewMirror's post
27-06-2017, 03:03 AM
(26-06-2017 09:42 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  How am I now?

Well... My retirement from the FD just went through today so I turned in all my gear, signed all the paperwork, and now I'm finished. I now make even more money than I did when I was on the job and I no longer have to go to work. It was an extremely drawn out painful process but now that's over. Now I can focus on my family instead of missing a third of their life. And I can finally relax and live life. So... I'm doing very well and for once, in a long time, I'm happy.
Awesome RearView! (Also, is your username a nod to the band Pearl Jam or am I looking into too much?)

Anyway: I'm really really tired. I've not slept well in some time, and having a wife and child means I have to get up early most days, including weekends, when I just want to sleep ALL day.

Otherwise I'm good. Have a good book to read and it's my daughters birthday soon, so that'll be very cool Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
27-06-2017, 04:31 AM
(19-06-2017 12:45 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Actually exactly just that:
"How are you?"

I feel like way too often, we ask a coworker or a neighbour "how are you" just while rushing by, not actually wanting or expecting an honest answer.
So today I want an honest answer.

I don't care if you are goofy, angry, trolling, happy, depressed, in love, stressed, or whatever else.
Sharing is caring.

I'm mostly tired, even though I went to bed around ten, it's still not fun waking up around 6 for work. But, here I am, listening to my dad preach as I head to work, (I work in a greenhouse, and it's suppose to rain all day here) knowing I'm going to get soaked whether it be from rain or watering plants and thinking to myself 'It's too damn early for this shit!'

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
27-06-2017, 04:58 AM
(26-06-2017 05:24 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Tired and sad. Rewatched part of Band of Brothers while working on this course, and the Holocaust scene just...takes it out of you. Knowing that the reality was so much worse.

> I know what you mean. I sometimes have difficulty watching war films because it brings back horrible memories of things I witnessed or experienced in Vietnam. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
27-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Hi,

Just want to say 'thanks' and 'like' for this thread. Smile

Reading all the posts has been a great way to get outside of my own head and realise that other folks, lots of them, feel tired too.

Not alone. Thumbsup

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
27-06-2017, 03:04 PM
(27-06-2017 03:03 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Awesome RearView! (Also, is your username a nod to the band Pearl Jam or am I looking into too much?)

Yep... sure is. I picked that name a while back (on another forum) after my battle with getting sober 6 years ago. I've always been a huge Pearl Jam fan and the name of the song and the lyrics just seemed to make sense even though they mean something different in the actual song.

"Saw things, so much clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror".

[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
27-06-2017, 03:06 PM
(27-06-2017 05:43 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

Just want to say 'thanks' and 'like' for this thread. Smile

Reading all the posts has been a great way to get outside of my own head and realise that other folks, lots of them, feel tired too.

Not alone. Thumbsup

D.

Definitely not alone I can assure you of that. We all face struggles throughout life. It's how we interact with each other and also being there for each other that allows for life to become more tolerable (so to speak). Knowing you are not alone has always helped me in the past.