How are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: How are you?
(27-06-2017 04:58 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I know what you mean. I sometimes have difficulty watching war films because it brings back horrible memories of things I witnessed or experienced in Vietnam. Sad

I can't imagine.

No words I could say here would be sufficient enough to understand the sacrifices and struggles you were forced to endure during that period of time. But I thank you for your service. Even saying that doesn't seem sufficient enough.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Annoyed. Why do people have to use big words to sound smart.

Seriously, I'm having to read between the lines to even get a clue what the guy in question is trying to get across to me.

I'm smart... but not that smart. This is why I dislike talking to people for so long.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
27-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Fine.
27-06-2017, 10:23 PM
I'm on edge I would say. In the next week I will know if I will manage to get a more stable teaching job and stop rely on part time contract. I would really need it considering my SO is currently too sick to work and I got a young daughter.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
27-06-2017, 10:28 PM
(27-06-2017 10:23 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I'm on edge I would say. In the next week I will know if I will manage to get a more stable teaching job and stop rely on part time contract. I would really need it considering my SO is currently too sick to work and I got a young daughter.

Fingers crossed! Hope you get the stablest job and that your significant other gets better soon.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-06-2017, 02:43 AM
(27-06-2017 03:04 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 03:03 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Awesome RearView! (Also, is your username a nod to the band Pearl Jam or am I looking into too much?)

Yep... sure is. I picked that name a while back (on another forum) after my battle with getting sober 6 years ago. I've always been a huge Pearl Jam fan and the name of the song and the lyrics just seemed to make sense even though they mean something different in the actual song.

"Saw things, so much clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror".
Awesome Thumbsup

I've had the same with other songs, where the lyrics mean something to me, yet the song isn't really about that haha.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post