How are your road rage management skills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 12:16 PM
How are your road rage management skills?
I've learned to control anger over bad drivers over the last couple of years by just remembering the possibility that, hey, maybe this guy/girl has a bad life or is going through something troubling and are projecting it through their shit driving, but time and time again I get overly frustrated and have to take a couple of seconds to cool off. The worst culprits are the left lane warriors (referring to driving on highways in the US; slow folks who won't get the fuck out of the left lane when they aren't turning off anytime soon or passing anyone in the right), people who speed up when you try to pass them and the, best of all, dangerous drivers who jeopardize everybody on the road. Oh, oh, oh, and what about the bright light crew? No thanks.

Not as much a problem as others, but there's a lot of backroads here and plenty of people who ride on them that refuse to use turn signals when they abruptly arrive at their destination. They must be above the law.

How about you? Are you equipped with the patience and resolve to safely deal with dipshit drivers out there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
23-01-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: How are your road rage management skills?
I've got drivers for that. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I've been watching lots of Russian dash cam Youtubes. Both the normal chaos and the "Instant Rage/Instant Karma" videos. It's made me more mellow about traffic around here. Cool

I also carry pepper spray. So if someone comes at me all Neanderthal I'm not worried, so I have less reason to over-react. Usually just holding it up is enough to get people to go away, if not to calm down.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2016, 12:54 PM
My family has relatively bad "vocal" road rage. They don't take action though. I on the other hand have very low road rage. The things that annoy me are leapfroggers, bumper lickers, and people who insist on passing when you are already going 10 over. It seems to be a significant percentage of drivers who do these things. I usually just ignore it, but every once in a while i block leapfroggers because they need to calm the f down and go the same speed as everybody else. It doesn't help them get where they are going but 2 or 3 minutes faster.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
23-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Except when someone does something that scares me I don't get much road rage any more. After moving to Dallas I had to learn to accept that traffic is going to suck and some people drive like morons. Now I try to make note of days when my commute is relatively pain free and just enjoy that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-01-2016, 01:13 PM
When my son was about 8, my husband and I and my son were talking. My son was having trouble remembering a word he was trying to use in a sentence. I attempted to prompt his memory by asking, "What word does Mom say a lot in the car?"

"Asshole!"

My husband laughed nonstop for the next several minutes.

I don't tailgate or honk or scream out of the car window, but I do freely and fully express myself when I see something stupid or dangerous. I try nowadays to vary my swearwords so that I don't rely overmuch on asshole.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
23-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Only when I'm worried of being late do I get somewhat anxious and then wearysome at people going quite slow.

I prefer just to leave for places earlier than I need just because I do enjoy driving actually and it's nice and relaxing to me mentally when I have no qualms about it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-01-2016, 01:53 PM
I was horrible. But then I started listening to jazz or classical music in the car. Problem solved.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm a decent driver but not perfect, so I try to cut people some slack.

However, really moronic and/or dangerous drivers get to me, and "asshole" is the mildest epithet you'd hear if you were in my car. Censored

On highways, the left lane hogs are morons, but the right lane hogs are dangerous near exits.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2016, 02:17 PM
People here don't understand the simple concept that you enter the freeway at freeway speed, thereby they the lack merging skill.

You don't slam on your breaks to let that asshole merge...you speed up and let them figure out they have to speed up or just sit by the side of the road where they obviously belong.

Also, if some asshole is trying to make a left across a busy street, fuck them. Don't stop to be the "nice" person thinking you're helping them out. All it does is fuck up traffic flow. They'll get a turn eventually when the stars align or they'll make a fucking right, and turn around somewhere else.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post