How are your road rage management skills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: How are your road rage management skills?
I've never had problems with road rage. I leave that to my Christian brothers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
23-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Last year I moved out of Indianapolis to a small town in southern Indiana. Now I don't encounter enough traffic to have any kind of road rage, life is good....
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
23-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Sometimes I cuss, "Stupid fuckers!" but that's the extent of my rage.

I have been the victim of serious road rage though a couple of times. I didn't do anything wrong or illegal but I did move in front of a driver (yes, I always use a turn signal) because the left lane was ending and I moved right. There was plenty of room, I didn't cut him off but he flipped out. He started honking and sped up, he was so close to my bumper I couldn't see anything but his front windshield in the rear view mirror. He looked crazy, he was hunched over the wheel glaring at me. We were going 65-70, he was in a SUV and me in my Caddy.

I moved lanes when we merged with another highway, he followed. I moved again, he followed still riding my tail. I touched the brakes so my brake lights would flash and he braked hard, flung himself back into the seat like he was going to hit me and he was screaming and beating his steering wheel. The highway was about to expand by two lanes so I moved over in front of another vehicle where he couldn't get in behind me just as the road widened. I dashed into the inside fast lane and floored it. My Caddy hit 95 in about 2 seconds.

I zoomed up ahead and he got caught in the traffic. I peeled off at the ramp 3 miles up that I wanted and hit the light just right, turned and went on my way. He was totally nuts.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
23-01-2016, 03:14 PM
I can melt an tailgating asshole's windshield just by staring at them in the rear view and screaming obscenities.....

Some of my best creative swearing is done in the car..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-01-2016, 06:54 PM
(23-01-2016 01:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was horrible. But then I started listening to jazz or classical music in the car. Problem solved.
That might be part of my problem. If I'm tired (not to the point of exhaustion, but you know, that 2pm feeling) and heading out somewhere, some Alice in Chains is my go to for getting the blood pumping. At night I like to listen to relaxing '60s/'70s Motown/R&B. Maybe I need to switch the two around.Consider
24-01-2016, 07:14 PM
(23-01-2016 02:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People here don't understand the simple concept that you enter the freeway at freeway speed, thereby they the lack merging skill.

You don't slam on your breaks to let that asshole merge...you speed up and let them figure out they have to speed up or just sit by the side of the road where they obviously belong.

I clearly remember when I used to yell - Merging is a group effort people!!!!!! Angry

Apparently this something many people don't understand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty cool about it all.
The other day I did not give in to some punk who wanted to take my spot at a lane zipper, he was right on the bumper of the guy I was supposed to be behind when things go smoothly. he's in a compact of some sort, and I kindly offer him the fender of my 1 ton diesel. He decides he does not want it and gets behind Big Grin
24-01-2016, 08:15 PM
When I rode my motorbike my roadrage was pretty bad.
I will happily yell at some twat for cutting me off or something like that. Toot my horn at idiots? No problem.
Some people are just shit drivers and need a friendly reminder in the form of rocking up to their drivers side window at the traffic lights (the perks of motorbikes) and giving them the finger the whole time until the light goes green.
24-01-2016, 09:44 PM
(24-01-2016 08:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  When I rode my motorbike my roadrage was pretty bad.
I will happily yell at some twat for cutting me off or something like that. Toot my horn at idiots? No problem.
Some people are just shit drivers and need a friendly reminder in the form of rocking up to their drivers side window at the traffic lights (the perks of motorbikes) and giving them the finger the whole time until the light goes green.

Shit, people kept trying to kill me when I rode my motorcycle. I'd like to think that a Harley makes enough freakin' noise that those who are driving while legally blind ought to at least be able to hear the damned thing. After kicking in a couple of doors on the freeway, I sold the thing. I didn't want to drive with the paranoia necessary for riding a motorcycle in the greater Los Angeles area. I have friends in wheelchairs and dead from people being pinheads while driving. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES! Tongue
25-01-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm usually pretty chill. Assholes who get on the freeway doing 35, and assholes who try to run into me because they're texting will get a hearty "You fucking cunt!" tossed their way, but that's the extent of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post