How are your road rage management skills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: How are your road rage management skills?
Never had an issue. I'm usually calm, except for some anxiety.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2016, 03:31 AM
Unless they're driving dangerously... nothing much, even when they are, I'm usually slow to get angry mainly 'cos I'm concentrating on making sure that I'm well away from any stupidity. There're some shite drivers around though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-01-2016, 05:48 AM
I do find it kind of entertaining watching people flip out from within the protective bubbles of their cars. Like watching monkeys waving their arms around monkily behind a cage, or a 1.5 kg chihuahua going berserk at the window like it's getting ready to destroy you, and you're lucky there's a barrier in the way. I just just smile and wave obliviously, as that seems to piss them off even more.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-01-2016, 05:52 AM
(23-01-2016 02:51 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Last year I moved out of Indianapolis to a small town in southern Indiana. Now I don't encounter enough traffic to have any kind of road rage, life is good....
Bean Blossom?

Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2016, 05:53 AM
Very handy bumpersticker:

[Image: 415A-OsxAgL.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm always calm and collected, even when confronted with otherwise frustrating situations. There's really no reason to get upset. You'll arrive at your destination around the same time, give or take a minute, so why bother freaking out?

I'm not always nice, though. When somebody tailgates me, even though I already drive faster than the traffic flow, I will drop into third and test their reaction time by decelerating with no brake light warning. After doing this twice, the sunroof opens, and I find a use for those pennies in my change compartment.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-01-2016, 07:48 AM
(23-01-2016 12:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  My family has relatively bad "vocal" road rage. They don't take action though. I on the other hand have very low road rage. The things that annoy me are leapfroggers, bumper lickers, and people who insist on passing when you are already going 10 over. It seems to be a significant percentage of drivers who do these things. I usually just ignore it, but every once in a while i block leapfroggers because they need to calm the f down and go the same speed as everybody else. It doesn't help them get where they are going but 2 or 3 minutes faster.

So as long as they do the same speed as you? Ok for you to speed but how dare someone try and go faster? Bitch please...
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
25-01-2016, 07:59 AM
I'm that annoying pedestrian who will step out into the road that you are about to turn into but have forgotten to signal or indicate (or whichever the word is that Murikans use).

You'll slam on your breaks and think "that was close" and assume I didn't see you.

Then I pause, turn towards you and give you a look that tells you that I damn well did see you and that I also think you're a twat and so does the rest of humanity.

Angel

25-01-2016, 08:10 AM
(25-01-2016 07:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm that annoying pedestrian who will step out into the road that you are about to turn into but have forgotten to signal or indicate (or whichever the word is that Murikans use).

You'll slam on your breaks and think "that was close" and assume I didn't see you.

Then I pause, turn towards you and give you a look that tells you that I damn well did see you and that I also think you're a twat and so does the rest of humanity.

Angel

I love those people! They're all so special and squishy in their automobile free life... I just kinda assumed the look was heated jealousy at my climate controlled comfort and leather adorned throne... Except I never forget to signal, even on an otherwise empty road.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-01-2016, 08:11 AM
(25-01-2016 07:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm that annoying pedestrian who will step put into the road that you are about to turn into but have forgotten to signal or indicate (or whichever the word is that Murikans use).

Angel

So you have pedestrian rage.

I don't generally have road rage, but I do occasionally have road incredulity. This usually manifests on my college campus where there are lots of brightly painted, raised crosswalks lined with flashing lights and flanked with warning signs. It became evident to me that the reason such safety precautions were needed was because of the sheer idiocy of the student body. With their heads bent down, looking at their phones, these darwin award candidates waltz right into the crosswalk without having ever bothered to glance up to make sure that the cars see them and are stopping for them.

Yes, it is my responsibility to yield to the pedestrians. It's true that if I hit you, I'm at fault and I'm going to get a ticket. But you may be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post