How are your road rage management skills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 09:31 AM by Adrianime.)
RE: How are your road rage management skills?
(25-01-2016 07:48 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 12:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  My family has relatively bad "vocal" road rage. They don't take action though. I on the other hand have very low road rage. The things that annoy me are leapfroggers, bumper lickers, and people who insist on passing when you are already going 10 over. It seems to be a significant percentage of drivers who do these things. I usually just ignore it, but every once in a while i block leapfroggers because they need to calm the f down and go the same speed as everybody else. It doesn't help them get where they are going but 2 or 3 minutes faster.

So as long as they do the same speed as you? Ok for you to speed but how dare someone try and go faster? Bitch please...
the flow of traffic. Smile

e.g. if everybody else is going 70 in a 60 and you come popping in and out of lanes at 80 then you are a d-bag.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2016, 09:40 AM
(25-01-2016 07:36 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'm always calm and collected, even when confronted with otherwise frustrating situations. There's really no reason to get upset. You'll arrive at your destination around the same time, give or take a minute, so why bother freaking out?

I'm not always nice, though. When somebody tailgates me, even though I already drive faster than the traffic flow, I will drop into third and test their reaction time by decelerating with no brake light warning. After doing this twice, the sunroof opens, and I find a use for those pennies in my change compartment.

One of my friends keeps a big bunch of pennies in his jacket pocket just for this purpose when he's riding his motorcycle.

I know another guy who was able to hock up a gob of mucus (if he had a cold) and spit it out the sunroof for tailgaters. I never rode in his car, but I can just imagine what the interior looked like.
25-01-2016, 10:37 AM
(25-01-2016 09:26 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 07:48 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  So as long as they do the same speed as you? Ok for you to speed but how dare someone try and go faster? Bitch please...
the flow of traffic. Smile

e.g. if everybody else is going 70 in a 60 and you come popping in and out of lanes at 80 then you are a d-bag.

Not necessarily... Just drive safely, and signal all changes. Plus, if you're going faster than the flow, you can't really cut anybody off, and even when you merge closely in front of another car, they don't need to brake (since you're driving faster than them already). It's also easier to keep track of everything in front of you and have less cars traveling beside you or coming up behind you. When I drive faster than the flow, I do so without disrupting the flow, or endangering others.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-01-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm somewhere between yelling obscenities and installing a rocket launcher on my car. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
25-01-2016, 10:43 AM
(25-01-2016 10:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  I'm somewhere between yelling obscenities and installing a rocket launcher on my car. Big Grin

We were trying to figure out how to install a projector on the back of the pick up which would show stuff falling out the back of the truck when we were being tailgated, a rake and shovel and then maybe a whole piano crashing onto the street and breaking into pieces.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
25-01-2016, 11:01 AM
(25-01-2016 07:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm that annoying pedestrian who will step out into the road that you are about to turn into but have forgotten to signal or indicate (or whichever the word is that Murikans use).

You'll slam on your breaks and think "that was close" and assume I didn't see you.

Then I pause, turn towards you and give you a look that tells you that I damn well did see you and that I also think you're a twat and so does the rest of humanity.

Angel

Hundreds of tourists are killed annually in San Francisco trying to teach that lesson.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Thread needs to be renamed The Passive-Aggressive Thread.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-01-2016, 11:12 AM
(25-01-2016 10:37 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 09:26 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  the flow of traffic. Smile

Not necessarily... Just drive safely, and signal all changes. Plus, if you're going faster than the flow, you can't really cut anybody off, and even when you merge closely in front of another car, they don't need to brake (since you're driving faster than them already). It's also easier to keep track of everything in front of you and have less cars traveling beside you or coming up behind you. When I drive faster than the flow, I do so without disrupting the flow, or endangering others.
You don't think you're endangering others by traveling faster than the flow?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2016, 11:30 AM
(25-01-2016 10:37 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 09:26 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  the flow of traffic. Smile

I'd say it depends on the situation. And definitely the people who don't signal are the worst. I see it as potentially dangerous though. When you are doing something that, if everybody else was doing, would cause more accidents. If you are the only person weaving around at your own special speed it probably won't cause accidents. But if you get multiple people basically "making their own rules" on the road, it starts getting more dangerous. The rules of the road only work if most people follow them. And being safe on the road comes from understanding how people are supposed to behave while driving.

Either way, I almost never let it get to me as I almost always stay low stress.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
25-01-2016, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 11:39 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(25-01-2016 11:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 10:37 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Not necessarily... Just drive safely, and signal all changes. Plus, if you're going faster than the flow, you can't really cut anybody off, and even when you merge closely in front of another car, they don't need to brake (since you're driving faster than them already). It's also easier to keep track of everything in front of you and have less cars traveling beside you or coming up behind you. When I drive faster than the flow, I do so without disrupting the flow, or endangering others.
You don't think you're endangering others by traveling faster than the flow?

Anytime anybody drives, it endangers them and everybody around. There are so many vehicles that are more dangerous at 60 than mine is at 70.

Yeah, it endangers others, but I'm not driving like an asshole. If traffic is heavy, I don't do it. Besides, I test my reaction timing regularly and it's always significantly faster than average. My stopping distance at 70 is similar to the average stopping distance at 60. My car has very good visibility; I check my incredibly small blind spot, and signal every change. I also use winter or summer tires, and never all-seasons. I anticipate other drivers moves and am aware that they can be unpredictable. My car is a high revving one, and hits 4k rpm at 75, so I almost never exceed that. I take all of these things in to consideration. I don't recklessly drive around like an ass.