How are your road rage management skills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: How are your road rage management skills?
(25-01-2016 04:47 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 04:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I have seen plenty of that behavior
Oh, I thought he was completely joking. I didn't know those were a real thing. Is that legal?

I've actually researched the installation procedures and required parts before. No joke, I've seriously considered it. It is quite possible for most vehicles to install a train horn.

I would still keep my regular horn installed, but I like the idea of having something with a little more kick... Just in case. Look for it on YouTube, there are some amazing train horn prank videos Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm a lot more chill these days. Still curse when someone cuts me off or is driving below the speed limit (unless it's raining). Maneuvering heavy traffic is a way of life for me these days - I just have to leave early, put on some tunes, and find the slow 18 wheeler that has a 30+ foot gap in from of them that I can weave in front of to cut off 20 minutes of waiting in line at the exits...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Oh, I thought he was completely joking. I didn't know those were a real thing. Is that legal?

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/truc...horn-laws/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
25-01-2016, 06:19 PM
I read a bit ago that, instead of flipping somebody off in an act of incandescent road rage anger induced by shitheads on the road, one should try delivering a thumbs up to them. Not only will it confuse them, but you won't feel as wound up.

Somebody in this thread needs to put their thumbs up skills to the test.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
25-01-2016, 06:23 PM
(25-01-2016 02:29 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 02:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is not aggressive, it is defensive.
It's a bit dangerous (I never do it because I don't trust people's reaction time), but note that those weren't my words, I was quoting the website.

I know, I was disagreeing with them.

Sure, slamming on the brakes would be dangerous, but tapping them just enough for the brake lights to come on sends a message.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-01-2016, 07:35 PM

Probably not. But I'd say that it is low on the list of priorities for the CHP to pinch him for it. Somebody was probably doing something real stupid in front of him, and 80k Pounds of semi is not the place to get stupid in front of.

Both times it was on the SB 405 fwy in Van Nuys, where the 101 branches off. People will cut across 5 lanes from the car pool lane to get to the westbound 101, in rush hour traffic.
25-01-2016, 09:52 PM
(25-01-2016 06:19 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  I read a bit ago that, instead of flipping somebody off in an act of incandescent road rage anger induced by shitheads on the road, one should try delivering a thumbs up to them. Not only will it confuse them, but you won't feel as wound up.

Somebody in this thread needs to put their thumbs up skills to the test.
My brother drove a city bus for years, and when somebody obviously did him wrong and ended up next to him and finally looked his way he would smile and wave big. It just fucked with their heads to no end. Some would even be pissed that he was not pissed. Tongue
25-01-2016, 11:00 PM
(23-01-2016 12:16 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  I've learned to control anger over bad drivers over the last couple of years by just remembering the possibility that, hey, maybe this guy/girl has a bad life or is going through something troubling and are projecting it through their shit driving, but time and time again I get overly frustrated and have to take a couple of seconds to cool off. The worst culprits are the left lane warriors (referring to driving on highways in the US; slow folks who won't get the fuck out of the left lane when they aren't turning off anytime soon or passing anyone in the right), people who speed up when you try to pass them and the, best of all, dangerous drivers who jeopardize everybody on the road. Oh, oh, oh, and what about the bright light crew? No thanks.

Not as much a problem as others, but there's a lot of backroads here and plenty of people who ride on them that refuse to use turn signals when they abruptly arrive at their destination. They must be above the law.

How about you? Are you equipped with the patience and resolve to safely deal with dipshit drivers out there?

Driving in general is pretty therapeutic. I simply go with the flow of traffic, and try not to hit other cars/inanimate objects. So far so good.

But at the same time that doesn't mean I won't call you names for putting my life and other lives in danger.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-01-2016, 01:12 AM
(25-01-2016 07:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 04:47 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Oh, I thought he was completely joking. I didn't know those were a real thing. Is that legal?

Probably not. But I'd say that it is low on the list of priorities for the CHP to pinch him for it. Somebody was probably doing something real stupid in front of him, and 80k Pounds of semi is not the place to get stupid in front of.

Both times it was on the SB 405 fwy in Van Nuys, where the 101 branches off. People will cut across 5 lanes from the car pool lane to get to the westbound 101, in rush hour traffic.

Goddamnit, if there's any place in the world that induces road rage, it's that junction, followed closely by the nearby Sepulveda Pass. Either place could make Mahatma Gandhi wish he had a roof-mounted Ma Deuce.
26-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Rule of thumb: If you think you're a really good driver, chances are you're not.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post