How atheist are you ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: How atheist are you ?
I'm so Atheist I would walk into a church act like I'm drunk and scream at the top of my lungs "What the hell, I thought this was the strip club.". This would also be my answer if you asked, "how much of an asshole are you?"

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
24-08-2014, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2014 02:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'm confused. Is it "position *68+1* or, position "# 69" you're on ?

Not so very atheist.
Since there is no coherent definition of the three letter meme pronounced "gawd", that needs addressing in 2014, it's tantamount (is *that* one of your "positions") to asking what my position is, with regard to a 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto. So I'm an Igtheist. If I have to name my position with respect to every ridiculous notion someone comes along with, I'd never get anything else done. I'm NOT a "believer" in any ancient cultic system, but ... well I'll think about how to say it. Due to my liberal religious background, I tend to be more mellow than I see here sometimes. Seems what I see here is mostly the "Sam Harris reactionary" POV with respect to religion. I was NEVER taught the Bible was "literally" true. So I'm like "meh". I do get what Carroll was talking about (in his debate with Craig) why "religious people" (where I come from all that means is they're "nice") would band together to get certain objectives done.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Thinking about god was so far out of my consciousness and off my radar that I'd compare it to thinking about hamster feet.

So I'm an atheist by default. God is nothing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-08-2014, 10:33 AM
(24-08-2014 10:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not so very atheist.

Since there is no coherent definition of the three letter meme pronounced "gawd", that needs addressing in 2014, it's tantamount (is *that* one of your "positions") to asking what my position is, with regard to a 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto. If I have to name my position with respect to every ridiculous notion someone comes along with, I'd never get anything else done.

I'm also confused. It is "position *68+1* or, position "69" you're on ?

I got in the habit of getting up at 4:00 AM this past Summer at school, for crew, as I get more done early, so neener neener all you lazy-slob-atheists. I already worked out, ran, and am takin' my little bro and my dog surfing before the crowds hit. Can't wait for Labor Day when all the tourists will be gone from MY, (I repeat MY) personal private ocean.

Not sure if you are arguing against the word "atheist" with this argument but here is why we should use it.

Because we do not live in a utopia. "On" is their position, and just like there is an "on" position, there is also an "off" position. I have no problem denoting myself as "off" regardless of what they name their "on" with.

We do not live in a utopia. Sure the word "atheist" should not exist but it will because the majority of our 7 billion of our species have an "on" with some name and some concept of that "on".

Now I am also not with any atheist if they think you can force religion out of existence. The best our species is going to get is to prevent monopolies of power and theocracies. A secular leash to minimize any harm it might cause.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm so atheist that I've painted every religious symbol I could think of on the inside of my toilet bowl...Smile
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
24-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Its not a scale... Its a 2 position switch...

Everything beyond that doesn't describe some LEVEL of atheism... It just describes what you're wearing, doing, etc.

Please.. Carry on.
24-08-2014, 01:02 PM
(24-08-2014 12:50 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm so atheist that I've painted every religious symbol I could think of on the inside of my toilet bowl...Smile

^ This is genius

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-08-2014, 01:05 PM
(24-08-2014 01:02 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:50 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm so atheist that I've painted every religious symbol I could think of on the inside of my toilet bowl...Smile

^ This is genius

...Unless you actually clean your toilet with abrasive chemicals and a scrubber.

Or maybe there are some kind of epoxy paints that could be used?
24-08-2014, 01:10 PM
(24-08-2014 01:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 01:02 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ^ This is genius

...Unless you actually clean your toilet with abrasive chemicals and a scrubber.

Thereby symbolically erasing all signs of religion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2014, 01:11 PM
[Image: giphy_zpsb9207cb8.gif]
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post